Drawing from Nature[Flashback Al'jeroth closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ja'soth on April 25th, 2010, 9:03 pm

The creature watches Al'Jaroth with some fascination, tilting its furry head allowing its eyes to focus on what the Jamoura was doing. After he stepped away the thing studies the sentences and grunts gutturally. Then it looks to Al'jaroth and nods pointing at the second sentence. It seems that it does understand the Jamoura's writings..or at least it seems to.

The creature moves to a tree and snaps a dry branch the size of the Jamoura's arm off and with the point of it begins to draw some kind of symbols. As it continues to draw the symbols make what appear to be sentences. It then points at a set of symbols on the altar and stands back to wait.
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Words: 37567
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2009, 5:21 am
Race: Staff account

Postby Al'jaroth on May 5th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Glancing at the symbols the creature had carved, Al'jaroth frowned, and then, turned to look at the altar, getting as close as possible to look at the symbols the thing had pointed out. He bent close, his fingers reaching up to trace the symbols in mid-air. He couldn't understand what the creature was saying, but, as it appeared, it seemed that the symbols on the altar would help him translate. Or this creature is just messing with me, thought the Jamoura, glancing up at the creature as he stepped back from the altar.
Al'jaroth
Player

Words: 4477
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2010, 8:58 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Ja'soth on May 9th, 2010, 2:25 am

Al'Jaroth finds that only the symbols indicated by the creature can he come close to without the rotting meat odor and the repulsion effect. He draws them in mid air and the ones on the altar glow with a sickly green glow. The creature nods and traces the symbols by touching them on the altar, they now glow a blood red and a sweet smell of cinnamon permeates the air. Suddenly Al'Jaroth feels something buzzing inside his head and a dizzy sensation. It is as if the arcane energies have entered his very mind.

When the feeling passes, the words on the ground begin to make sense, it is as if he could read the creature's writing. The words are surprisingly intelligent as they read.Find the one who's feet leave here and you will find the solution to our problem. the thing gestures toward the wood indicating that the person went in the direction of the foot prints.
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Postby Al'jaroth on May 11th, 2010, 12:43 pm

With a nod, the Jamoura turned, and darted in the direction the footprints led. His staff he slid back onto his back as he moved, keeping to the ground so he could see the footprints. He didn't even stop to thank the creature, deciding that finding the one who had done this to the forest far more important to stop quickly.

As he moved, he thought over the possibilities of who it could be. Who in The Spires would risk the wrath of Caiyha? Surely none of his fellow Jamoura. A human? Or Isur? With thoughts racing through his head, the Jamoura increased his speed. The prints were easy to follow, as the person who had left them had made no effort to cover his or her tracks.
Al'jaroth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ja'soth on May 17th, 2010, 12:39 am

The tracks led off to the east for a while as if the person making them was casual about their departure so they were easy to follow. However as the trail continued to the east it becomes harder to follow as the forest becomes thicker and more dense. The tracks suddenly stop at the base of a large Bloodwood as if they vanished into thin air.

The sounds of the forest have continued at this place which is a thick growth of trees and vegetation. Al'Jaroth would know that there were dangers inherent in being this deep in the forests of Taldera and that any time he could be attacked by any thing. And speaking of anything....

It leaped from the trees with an unnatural speed and grace, it was almost too quick to see. It seemed to originally be aimed at Al'Jaroth's head but instead it's trajectory was the ground in front of him. What he saw in front of him was vaguely feline, with thick, strong muscles and ebony black,sleek fur. It had a head that resembled a dog though with a long snout and floppy ears. The creature was easily as big as Al'Jaroth and looked at him with green,glowing eyes that sparked with intelligence. He could hear a voice in his mind I hate to attack without giving you a sporting chance there big fellow

The creature was watching Al'Jaroths every move.
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Postby Al'jaroth on May 17th, 2010, 10:50 pm

The Jamoura came to a stop at the foot of the Bloodwood, looking up at it. Perhaps the one he was tracking had climbed up it? Glancing around, the Jamoura slung his staff over his back and leapt up, to get a grip on the wood. Which was when the object hurtled at him, so he dropped back down, his staff coming up into his hands, and water curing into his hand, in a rather solid looking orb.

He stared at the feline/canine like creature, tilting his head. Where were all these weird creatures coming from today? First, the one that smelt like rotting corpses, and now one that looked like a hybrid between a dog and a large cat. Hearing the voice in his head, the Jamoura lifted his lips in a scowl, showing his teeth.
Al'jaroth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ja'soth on May 20th, 2010, 1:57 am

The Hybrid watched as Al'Jaroth prepared for battle. It seemed to take no notice of the ball of water forming in his hand nor the staff unslinging. It seemed calm for being about to attack and made no attempt at first to defend itself. It smiled, revealing a mouthful of razor sharp teeth and thought to him again Really old sport you should have attacked while you could, though I doubt it would do any good.

The Hybrid moved like a bolt of lightning for it's bulk it was amazingly agile. The thing swiped three times at Al'Jaroth striking him once in the right shoulder, once in the left leg and missing once. The hits produced claw like wounds in the flesh that did not yet go deep enough to disable but certainly hurt and burned. In the blink of an eye it was back where it started from and smiling
Your turn sport, if you can catch me. At this time it began to bounce off the trees like some kind of projectile.
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Postby Al'jaroth on June 6th, 2010, 1:57 am

His eyes wide in surprise, the Jamoura lobbed the ball of water at the hybrid, his staff and feet following after. The wounds hurt, but the Jamoura wasn't going to give up easily. With a silent scream, the Jamoura swung his staff at the hyrbids head, his feet aimed at the creatures body.

Thoughts came in rapid fire through his mind. Who was this creature? Why had it attacked him? Who had made it? And why did the tracks he was following end here, where this creature was?
Al'jaroth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ja'soth on June 7th, 2010, 2:12 am

The Hybrid manages to dodge the ball of water but the staff of Al'Jaroth collides with its head and it staggers back sporting a bruise to the side of its temple. It looks at him dazed as if it cannot focus. At that time his feet contact its chest and the feel of a broken rib tells him he has hurt it. It again looks at him with bewildered eyes that do not seem to focus on him.

The beast shakes its head and clutches its ribs.So old sport you are faster than you look for such a lumbering dolt. I can hear you thinking by the way,you want to know who and what I am and why I'm attacking you. You'd also like to know who made me. It grinned a horrible grimace that passed for a smile. Its lips curled back to reveal two rows of razor sharp teeth and it snarled from deep within its chest. It howled an unearthly scream that was nether feline nor canine and yet both. But this time it stood its ground at a distance.

I don't think Ill tell you who or what I am. As to why I'm attacking you? its my nature old sport, don't you druid types know that everything acts according to its nature? I'm obviously guarding something. Who made me? why the gods themselves made me, perhaps its that I don't belong here. Maybe I was summoned here by someone or something you have yet to meet.

Again it snarled,spittle flying from its lips as they curled back again and Al'jaroth heard laughter in his mind.The tracks end here because obviously what you are tracking stopped walking here. The question is what happened to it? That is the test old sport.. It leapt high in the trees to stay away from Al'jaroth.
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Postby Ja'soth on August 13th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Code: Select all

Moderator Note: Due to this thread being inactive for 60 days I'm declaring the thread closed let me know if you want to do a new one
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Previous