Starting questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Starting questions

Postby Rail on March 17th, 2012, 11:13 pm

I need some help please.

1. Are kelvic slaves forced to bond or can they try and escape?
2. Does Sunberths hatred of magic extend to the kelvic's shifting?
3. About what age would a kelvic be considered an adolescent/young adult?

The Creed

Yeah though i walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I have Musca and she is far worse >.>
Rail
Only a slave

Words: 31304
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 1:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Starting questions

Postby Tiki on March 17th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Howdy. Fellow Kelvic reporting for duty.
1. In some cases they are forced to obey a master, though it might not necessarily mean they are bonded. A kelvic and his/her bondmate is a mutual agreement. Once bonded, the odds of them leaving a bondmate are slim to none, even if their bondmate does something nasty. The personality change would need to be something drastic; I take it, as if the bondmate is suffering symptoms of overgiving.

2. Kelvics certainly are looked down upon, but I think the acknowledgement of the magic used to make kelvics stops at just that, acknowledgement. Kelvics are more so tools or slaves to be sold off in Sunberth’s slave markets than anything useful as a person. So, while shifting in public is frowned upon, it’s worth a kelvic’s attention to worry more about who seemed interested in the kelvic’s ability to shift, rather than frowning down upon him.

3. It generally depends on the animal in question. You have an advantage though in choosing a younger age. The human appearance parallels the animal’s growth. So, if you’re still pre-pubescent then it’s probably a year or less old. Check when your specific animal form becomes able to reproduce to confirm that.

I hope that helped. If I was unclear on anything just respond here. Welcome to Mizahar’s wild side, by the way. :P
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Starting questions

Postby Rail on March 17th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Thank you so much for your help, and its a pleasure to meet another panther so quickly XD

The Creed

Yeah though i walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I have Musca and she is far worse >.>
Rail
Only a slave

Words: 31304
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 1:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets