Suvan Bound (Gabrielle)

The first footsteps of his infantile adventure, Avadyr finds traversing the Kalea region a tedious endeavor, but sets out on horse regardless, determined to find anything apart from the norm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Suvan Bound (Gabrielle)

Postby Avadyr on March 22nd, 2012, 3:01 am

Her obvious stress over her situation put him in less joyous state, as he began to understand the bond the svefra shared with one another. He smiled though and in response assured her.

"If you made it through the storm, I'm sure the rest of your pod has made it."
Gauging her response he chose his words carefully, as it was important to him to keep in check the emotions of others, as he was not accustomed to being around negativity.
"You are, after all, the masters of the sea and the children of Laviku."
His hands gestured out to his sides, as if he was gesturing to the sea itself and all it's grandeur. He was certainly not a sailor, but he respected the power of the sea as if he was, for he was at it's mercy now, and at the mercy of it's child.
"As for me..." he added atop, "Wind Reach was crippled by the return of Ivak. Our eagles and our riders alike will struggle for a return to normality, and I've always wanted to escape the repetition of day to day life. I'm simply a commoner without his eagle, looking for tales to tell.

He smiled at his first chapter, Gabrielle. Wherever there were eager ears wanting to hear of his travels, Avadyr would tell them of the younger Svefra, and the power she had over herself, the ship, and the water beneath it. Until then, there was still much progress to be made.
Last edited by Avadyr on March 22nd, 2012, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avadyr
Wandering...

Words: 6055
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2012, 8:40 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Suvan Bound (Gabrielle)

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on March 22nd, 2012, 6:35 am

"Hm... yeah, I'd like to think they're safe," she mumbled, not really sure if he heard or understood her words. He spoke words of comfort to her, just like she thought anybody else would. What else could you say to someone who was in such despair?

She listened to him speak about Wind Reach. The Svefra honestly did not have enough knowledge about the place, but she took his every word in intently. Avadys spoke about how the storm had affected them, and Gabrielle felt a pang of guilt, because despite her misery, she failed to remember that there were others like her as well. He also spoke of eagles, and that at least perked Gabrielle's interests.

"Tales, huh?" repeated Gabrielle, her eyes sparkling. For some reason, the smile which he gave her seemed to comfort her more than the words he had given about her family. This man had a lightness to himself which proved to be beneficial to the Svefra at the moment. "The sea is unpredictable, so you might just get your wish. I hope it doesn't bring us to death, though."

Gabrielle stood up and stretched her arms. She looked out over to the sea again -- nothing but water. They were still near the coast of Kalea, but even the land was starting to seem distant as they sailed to the deeper parts of the sea.

"If you would not mind, I will turn in now..." she said, walking towards the cabin. "Remember, keep a look out, and don't wish too much for tales to tell." The Svefra gave him a sweet smile before retreating to her cabin.
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Suvan Bound (Gabrielle)

Postby Tabarnac on May 20th, 2012, 8:11 pm

XP Award!

Anadyr
XP Award: Riding +1; Wilderness Survival +2; Negotiation +1; Horsemanship +1; Swimming +1; Observation +2; Interrogation +1
Loot: Please take Horse and Saddle off your CS.

Gabrielle
XP Award: Sailing +3; Negotiation +1; Interrogation +1
Lore: Return of Ivak

Additional Notes:
Good work, chirrunz. Gabrielle, you got some sailing XP, but if you really want to max out on it, there needs to be more detail and stuff. And, you know, the higher your skill, the less you get for basic stuff. One thing -- I don’t think a Svefra would go to sleep without reefing the sails so the ship doesn’t sail into something while she sleeps. Maybe I missed this. Anyway...

I’m ready for my character portraits now!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous