Creases in Your Palm [Sook]

Sook visits her contact, the fortune teller Genesis, for a bit on insight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Genesis on March 29th, 2012, 1:00 am

47 Spring 212 AV

The sky was a noncommittal blue that threatened to turn gray at any moment. The citizens of Ravok scurried about like rats, eyes shifting nervously at the sky for signs of impending rain. They were rushed, hoping to accomplish what ever tasks they had set out to perform. On the outskirts of the market circle, in a small shop of pale gray, the answer was known. What everyone was continuously searching for, waiting for, had already been foretold that very morning by a deck of tarot cards.

It wasn't going to rain a drop for three more bell strikes, but then, it was going to pour.

A fortune teler leaned precariously against the counter, her mind captured by her daydreams. Love, romance, and stability. All things not yet in her cards. Her body was wrapped with storm gray fabric, the dress cut modestly. The only color on her this day, was the ones she was born with. The fortune teller's eyes sparkled with an emerald green that saw more than most ever would. And if you looked just right, blue and green hints were visible in her long dark hair. The dark secrets lurking behind her all-seeing gaze told of a young woman named Genesis, the fortune teller of Ravok.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Khalanssmiasook on March 29th, 2012, 3:59 pm

The air was quick and cutting. Still their God did not save them from the elements. It seemed that the people were slowly becoming used to it though, scurry about like little ants. Running to do this and that, servants and slaves only walking leisurely, knowing they would never reach their destinations in time before the rain.

And already the air smelt damp. The earthy scent of the stones mixed with whatever foul smells had long since permeated them. Sook did not move any faster though. She groused that no matter how quickly walked she would not reach her original destination.

The thought of the chill the cool Spring rains would bring did nothing to soothe her impending bad mood. Scowling she tripped a little girl running and watched without and satisfaction as she tumbled into a few other people. Not even a scrap and the little brat didn’t ever cry.

Pulling her jacket around her tighter she left out a harsh breath between clenched teeth. But while her mood took a turn for the worse her eyes were ever busy. Scanning for something to take out her boredom and annoyance on, something to quell her hungry as well. Perhaps something sweet.

Ah. And there it was.

Too simple a sign to truly attract customers, one would have to go looking for such a place to ever actually find it. No matter how odd the building itself was shaped. Cutting across the nearest canal Sook glided over, slinking between the people and nearly growling at those who dared bump her in their hurry.

She did not hesitate at the door, slamming it open. This would be her reading and damn the other patrons in there and too their luck none were there save for the foul tempered Dhani woman.

Grinning viciously she plopped herself across from the young woman in front of her, gauging her reaction to her most like unwelcome visitor. “Hello dollface.”

Looking around with obviously false interest she continued to smile, laying her hands flat on the table between them and crossing her legs.

“Such a nice place you have here.” Her fingers drummed impatiently, “Let’s test your skills them, hm? Read my palm.”

Not really caring whether or not her answers were lies or truth, she only wanted to pester the young woman before her. Even in this lighting she was a pretty little thing, it was a pity she was so adverse to pleasurable things. Sook snorted recalling their last conversation. The girl seemed a hopeless romantic, especially if her shop was anything to go by.

Still, there was always fun to be had. Grinning wickedly she laid her palm face up.

“Tell me dollface, how long do I have left to live?”
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Words: 19999
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Genesis on March 29th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Genesis's head snapped up as she found herself face to face with Sook. She wasn't sure whether she was to run or stay, but she truly had no choice. It was Sook. Besides, this was her territory. She watched the serpent woman seat herself across the table and lay out her palms.

'Tell me dollface, how long do I have left to live?' That was a question Genesis didn't like to answer. But, it was her own palms, no matter where she went she would find no different information. Only varied amounts of detail. Pushing the three-quarter sleeves of her gray dress up a little further, Genesis took a deep breath before reaching out and laying Sook's palm in her own. Fighting to keep her self in her own body, Genesis bent over the woman's hand.

"This is your life line," Genesis traced the crease that cupped her palm. It didn't run as far as it could, a full, long life was represented by the line ending about an inch above her wrist. It was a little shorter, but not by much. It wasn't a consistent depth, some parts were shallower and harder to see. That was rare in a palm. "For your kind, your life will be fairly long. Not as long as it could be, it breaks off at the end rather chaotically. Your death will not be simple, and it will be a slow process. Not necessarily in you dying slowly, but you will know it's coming. You still have a long time though.

Did the woman want more? She had only asked about her life expectancy, but there was so much more to discover in one's palm. "Your life will balance between you controlling others and others controlling you. Or, something controlling you that is not you."

There was a large gap between her life and head line, "You love adventure". As Genesis looked over all the various lines, she realized that she was not at all surprised by anything she found. But whether or not it was what Sook wanted to hear was unknown to her. "You have an interesting love life. And I see great fame in your future. Sook, I don't know what your looking for. Do you want me to go through every crease in your palm and tell you what it means? Or are you looking for your future to be actually told? Do you want a story?"

Genesis looked up at the woman, wanting to please her and give her what she wanted. She just needed to know what the woman wanted first.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Khalanssmiasook on April 18th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Sook was not surprised the young woman knew what she was, she was more surprised by the fact that the girl did not use it to her own advantage. Then again if she did that there was no doubt that she would be promptly attended to. Still her little bits of information were not entirely wrong and Sook was only basking in her unease.

All the same she stored away the information. No matter how minute it was good to take everything into advice. It was when the girl spoke of control that she began to visibly tense, a mask of annoyance crossing her features. No one would control her, either she or them would end first.

For a moment she blitzed what the girl asked and still it took a few moments for her to properly compose herself. She had come for fun but the girl had given her an interesting idea although it was spurred mostly by annoyance.

Removing her hand from the girls she crossed them behind her head and leaned back, “Seems like I will live much long than you. That’s a long time to be stuck to someone, wouldn’t you say?”

A slow smile curved her features but it was an unpleasant look composed of all sharp edges and teeth. And as her hands dropped from her head to slap the table she leaned in close as if about to tell a grave secret. Sook paused carefully, counting the seconds and waiting for her words to sink in before continuing.

“I think, dollface, you should read me your palm. Just the important bits, I’ve got no use for you extra bits of sharing.”

Allowing herself to fall back into the chair Sook continued, this time not allowing the girl to speak or really think, “And tell me, how often does your little friend dole out her gifts to you? You looking for more than one?”
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Words: 19999
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes