[READ ME FIRST] Introduction to Abura

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A vast city of soaring towers, spirals, and platforms, Abura is the home of the Akvatari. [Lore]

Moderator: Liminal

[READ ME FIRST] Introduction to Abura

Postby Liminal on July 18th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Welcome to Abura! In this thread, you will find a short description of the city, as well as a few OOC notes about playing here.

CITY DESCRIPTION

Abura has approximately 6,000 residents. The Akvatari are welcoming to other races, but Abura is extremely difficult to get around without wings; as such, nearly all the residents are Akvatari.

True to the artistic nature of the Akvatari, Abura was built almost in defiance of any principles of practicality or city planning; instead, it was designed to be original and aesthetically adventurous. Each segment of the city was designed by a different architect, and no pains have been taken to make sure that the disparate elements harmonize.

Massive spires, arches, and towers dominate the skyline, structures far larger than the population would dictate. Many of them are laced with openings, some covered and some not. There are isolated platforms dozens of feet in the air, single rooms carved into the structural supports, and arches with corridors wound like rope around the outside. Stairs and ladders are almost nonexistent; visitors who cannot fly are largely restricted to the area surrounding the docks unless they choose to hire an Akvatari chair-flight.

There is also a winding series of rooms and tunnels carved into the rock below the sea level. The Akvatari cannot breathe underwater, but they can hold their breath for periods exceeding six hours, and so are able to make extensive use of this feature.

PLAYING IN ABURA

Arriving PCs should post in the Docks, that being the only entrance to the city. After you've done that, and introduced yourself in the OOC thread, please feel free to post anywhere you'd like. Basic transactions in shops can be self-moderated; anything requiring more of a reaction from an NPC should be moderated. I'll try to keep an eye on what needs moderation, but please feel free to send me a PM if I don't pick it up right away.

Enjoy your stay!
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)