Dyrdas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Dyrdas

Postby Dyrdas on April 10th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Dyrdas

(Note: This Character Sheet is written entirely from the point of view of the character, where applicable.)

Themesong :

Physical Information

Race: Human

Physical Description

Physically, I am decidedly unremarkable. I stand at six-feet tall, exactly, and I weigh 160 pounds. I'm little more than a twig. A very tall, very light twig.

My most eye-catching feature, ironically, are my eyes. They are a deep, rich green, and I'm very proud of them. Other odd features include my initiation scars. Other than that, like I said - unremarkable.

Now-a-days, my beard has grown to six inches or so, my hair falls a bit past my shoulders, and I can never fix it's messy, unkempt appearance. I've tanned a bit from hard work in the sun, and built some slim muscle from doing things like moving barrel-fulls of water around for the Drykas. So much for my reputation as a lay-about.

Character Concept

Personality

Now, I wouldn't call myself lazy... but, you see, I'm not exactly a physical laborer, or a body builder or something along those lines. I'd rather sit and read a book. Aha... Oh, right. Personality, or something. Well, I try to be kind and respectful as often as I can. I often keep to myself, though those whom I speak too occasionally remind me of how sarcastic they think I am, and how lopsided my oppionions are.

Recently (Circa Spring 511AV), I've spent some time amongst the Drykas, in the Sea of Grass. They've put me to work, hard work, and sometimes I feel like little more than a slave. But I appreciate that they saved me from my own stupidity... to wander the Sea of Grass during a storm... it's a mixed blessing, I guess.

Interests

Well, what mainly interests me is magic. Reimancy, Glyphing, Magecraft... it's all very fascinating. Other interests include sleep, and food.

Goals

I Have no long-term goals, for the time being. I intend to just lay back and enjoy life, practice alittle magic here and there. Meet a few friends at the local tavern, play some cards maybe. Heres a goal. Find some employment.
Last edited by Dyrdas on April 13th, 2011, 8:43 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Dyrdas
Freedom burns Bright!

Words: 30218
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 5:59 pm
Character sheet

Dyrdas

Postby Dyrdas on April 10th, 2010, 9:02 pm

History

While I would like to think my history isn't nearly as important as my future, here is a brief summary.

When I was a newborn, I was discovered under a tree outside of Zeltiva, swaddled in silk with nothing more than a name-tag. My foster-father, the man who had found me, was an old mage. He took me in as his own, having no wife nor any children as his own.

Naturally, I was raised as a mage as well. I recieved, at a young age, lessons on magic. what it is, how it works, the different types, the dangers of it. So growing up, magic was all I knew.

Well, magic and books. Growing up in the house of an elderly man (in Zeltiva, no less), books were all I had for entertainment. I read nonstop, every chance I could. Which brings me to my favorite childhood memory...

My favorite memory is one where I was seeking out my favorite childhood book at a young age... It was on the top shelf... I had to climb nearly to the roof to get to it. I finally reach it... stretch out my left hand to grab it, gripping the top of the book case with my right. Suddenly, I lose my grip, and go toppling to the floor along with a dozen books. Laying on the ground in a pile of literature, I think my foster-father will be awfully upset with me. As I rested there, whimpering though uninjured, he came in the door... and started to laugh, lightly. Slowly, I started to laugh too.

As I grew, so did my knowledge. I remember also my initiation into Reimancy, from my elder.

I sit there on the ground, gaping at the fresh cuts on my palms. I whimper as my foster-father walks into the room. He is solemn and silent. I rise, slowly... I gasp. He is slowly exuding Res, in the form of a translucent gas gathering around him. I start to back away. He grips my shoulders, holding me firm.As he releases me, I start shaking slightly. I stare down at the glowing gas entering my cuts... then fall as it enters my nose and mouth too. I feel as if I cannot breathe, and convulse as the magical energy courses throguh my body. Tears stream from my eyes at the immense pain.Then, it all tones down. As foster-father slow retracts his Res, I sit up. Staring down at my cuts, I realize something. These cuts... they will heal. But I will not. I'm changed, forever.

From there, I study under my foster-father, and master, more intensely and frequently than I ever had before. One day, he called me into the back room of our small cottage. There, he gave me the dearest gift I have ever recieved: The little-known art of Magecraft. It took months, years, just to be able to perform the basics reliably.

Anyway, back to my father. These days, he's not around anymore. He passed two years ago, in his bed and with a smile on his face. I'm glad his death was a peaceful one.

After that, my history is unremarkable. I will spare you the boring details.
Last edited by Dyrdas on April 13th, 2011, 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dyrdas
Freedom burns Bright!

Character sheet

Dyrdas

Postby Dyrdas on April 10th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Training & Skill Points

SkillPointsAmount Trained
Reimancy283
Magecraft200
Auristics200
Riding33
Meditation11
Observation11

(Note: Reimancy is +10 and Magecraft is +5 due to the Human racial bonus)

Lore & Gnosis

• Magical Effects
  • Magic in Literature
  • Safety Practices while training Fire Reimancy
  • Not Controlling Flames
  • Throwing Firebolts and Fireballs
  • Drykas (Basic)
  • Sea of Grass (Basic)
  • Inaril Frostwind (Basic)
  • Frostwind Pavillion (Basic)
  • Kelvic (Basic)

Languages

• Common - Fluent
  • Pavi - Basic
  • Nader Canoch - Poor

Possessions

• Zeltivan Clothing
    Clothing Details :
    A simple tunic, trousers, soft leather boots, and a long silk evening cloak, all in a sober blue-black color.
  • Drykas Clothing
    Clothing Details :
    White, short-sleeved linen shirt, leather breeches, black-dyed leather belt, engraved pewter belt-buckle, leather vest.
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack which contains:
    1.1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
    2.Food for a week
    3.1 eating knife
    4.Flint & Steel
  • Heirloom - Oromyr's Ring - Gold, engraved in Nader-Canoch with the phrase "Freedom Burns Bright"
  • 1 basic 20x20 single room cottage (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table. (in Zeltiva)
  • A Mountain Pony, Matilda, with riding saddle and large saddle-bags
  • An unadorned, straight, double-edged steel longsword with scabbard
  • A one-man tent with bedroll

Ledger

• 100 GM (starting package)
  • -84GM, 2SM for Horse, Longsword, 1 person tent, bed roll, riding saddle, and large Saddle-Bags. Total = 15GM and 8SM
  • -3GM, 4SM for various clothing items (see "Drykas Clothing) Total = 12GM, 4SM

Thread List

Dyrdas
Freedom burns Bright!

Character sheet