The enemy of my enemy is my friend (Ialari)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Jilitse on June 8th, 2010, 10:32 am

It seemed like Ialari didn't like the truth getting repeated often. Jil stood motionless, partly in fear of stoking the wrath of the Isur. Not enslaved to Qiao? Where did Pythone get that idea? At this point it was just better to not react.

She stood still and watched the woman profess what she had been waiting for. It was like hearing magic words, when Ialari acknowledged that she could be of assistance to Jilitse. That was a relief. It should be... right?

Jilitse no longer opened her mouth to reply to Ialari. She was done with this conversation. Although the Nuit found the Isur to be greatly different from her, she was content with the fact that her half-baked ally agreed to at least help take down Drainira. The rest of Ialari's outburst she couldn't understand, but she did remember Mashaen calling her pissed off the when they last met... and perhaps Ialari was pissed off too? Why? These pulsers are truly unreachable, no matter how hard you try to reason with them. Jil attributed their misunderstandings to the fact that Isurs used to be enemies of Alahea. Maybe the Valterrian did not change those naturally occurring disputes?

She mechanically extended her hand, a slight frown creasing her face. Jil wondered if Pythone was going to make her swear a Grand Oath. She laid her hand on Ialari's, somewhat surprised to know how an alive Isur's metallic arm felt to the touch. She looked contemplative for a moment. What kind of custom was this? For a grim moment she thought Pythone was going to break her bones.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on June 28th, 2010, 10:46 am

While aiding the nuit in an endeavor as grand as destroying Drainira and challenging a god held a number of possibilities, Ialari maintained her resolve toward continuing progress toward her ultimate goal. There was of course the journey and search for a forbidden magic as well as her own strings of her own to attach. So many elements needing to be brought into order left Ialari in a rather foul mood; a mood that continued to spoil with every moment spent thinking about it. Patience, she reminded herself. Patience always brought the desired results to any situation.

Her hand extended, Ialari watched as Jilitse extended her own. Their hands met and Ialari clasped hers around that of the nuit. Inwardly she thought how fragile the thing was before her; how easily crushed like a dried leaf. That was the physical though and Ialari was slowly coming to realize that there was more to the nuit than their brittle forms. While feeling superior in body, Ialari knew that the undead Sahova bore more knowledge than any mortal could possibly comprehend. This was the reason she remained in Sahova; it was the reason she allowed herself to associate with such "creatures".

With the nuits hand in hers, Ialari tightened her grip ever so slightly. It was not enough to cause any real physical damage but was quite firm. "I will assist you in the destruction of Drainira. As for Sagallius...we will cross that bridge when it presents itself. In return, I ask for a favor to be named at a later date; a favor that will in the end, help Sahova. If this is acceptable, then our clasping of hands will seal a business deal in the eyes of Izurdin." Ialari's look to Jilitse was a questioning one. She hoped the nuit understood what was being done. It was a custom of the Isur to clasp hands and set the terms of a deal in the eyes of the God of Industry. Few dared break such deals as such a thing was seen as committing blasphemy against Izurdin. How it worked in the outside world however was yet to be seen.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jilitse on July 9th, 2010, 4:22 am

It was in end, what it was supposed to be, as she had expected - a bargain. Jilitse nodded, committing herself to things she was not ready for. The pieces would have to fall into place later. "A business deal it is, then," she replied, wondering if business meant having to pay with money. She would have to study about human customs, after all. She will not be staying in Sahova for a long, long while. It would be imperative to learn and adapt to the outside world.

She was the first to take back her hand, and as she did so, she stared at it, trying to recall the warmth of Ialari. How long has it been since she held an actual living being? Noting that no bones were broken, she stepped back and made way to leave.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on October 1st, 2010, 8:33 am

The deal was finalized with the clasping of hands. While humans were known to engage in such a gesture, they often failed to uphold their end of the struck bargain. For an Isur however, one devoted to the God of Industry, the clasping of hands was a serious thing. Ialari gave the slightest hint of a smile and a nod to Jilitse. "Until next time." Ialari said softly as Jilitse made her way out.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on January 11th, 2013, 7:10 am

Ialari

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Interrogation 3
Rhetoric 3
Intimidation 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Jilitse: Witch of Animation
Jilitse: Shares a common enemy
The enemy of my enemy is my... friend?

Jilitse

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Interrogation 2
Rhetoric 4
Storytelling 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Ialari: Master of herself
Ialari: Shares a common enemy
The Enemy of my enemy is my... friend?

It's Not What You Think...

Wow this was a tense thread to say the least, and I really liked getting that insight from Jilitse. I wonder if this partnership will hold through the current season?

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous