[Tuvya Sasaran]What about the other leg?[Dex]

Rykanis goes for some training, and meets a old friend.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 24th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Rykanis watched as the kelvic bounded past him, a bit unbalanced trying to use all fours... Obviously he was more used to moving in his animal form, and did not realize that things did not always carry over and work as well...

He saw him flop around, try a dive roll, and end up slamming down on his back. Though admittedly it was better than his own attempt at moving.

He was getting back to his feet, as suddenly the kelvic was coming
at him, catching him by surprise. he was not even acting human, his mouth open in a snarl, his fingers twisted like claws, and him rushing him.

There was not time to think, Rykanis simply acted instinctively. He kicked out full force at the kelvic, right towards its face, not meaning to, but unable to control the automatic defensive action.

If the kelvic was lucky, the kick would be off center, and slam into one of his shoulders, regardless throwing a lot of force into him... Or it might slam right into his face, doing some serious damage, maybe even breaking his nose or something. Though it would be tough to avoid it all together, since he was running head on right towards Rykanis lower body, another time were he was fully devoting to his attack, which he had just said not to do.
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 25th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Dex was feeling the adrenaline pump, the heat rushing into his head. He was about to land in a pounce on Rykanis, when he heard a loud smash noise, and found himself flying backwards through the air, spinning around like a fan. The kick had hit his shoulder, which had a combination effect of pushing him backward, and of making his whole body spin around like a human top.

Rykanis having strong legs and a fierce kick, and Dex being a light weight human, the kick had actually smacked him into the air and he had ended flying far enough across the open arena to smash into another akalak, knocking him off balance and landing them both to the ground. Dex had just reorientated himself, finding himself laying face down on top of the big blue bystander, when he was flipped off the angry akalaks back onto the sand. The akalak had stood up and turned around to find Dex laying on the ground dazed. Dex managed to find his voice for a moment, but it was a hoarse whisper.

"Rykanis ... don't let him squish me..."

Unfortunately, it gave the angry akalak idea's, as he then drew back his fist, about to punch in Dex's pretty human face.
Dex rarely has intentional thoughts
but Dex always has something to say

Names: John, Lewis
Dex
Lots of shiny things for me

Words: 91565
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 25th, 2012, 9:24 pm

His reaction had been simply instinctive, seeing the kelvic flying at him to attack. But never the less, it was effective, and the kick struck him right in the shoulder, probably a more fortunate place for both of them. The kelvic, for the fact he did not have his face kicked in, and Rykanis, for not getting in trouble or having to aid him after kicking his face in.

He did go a bit farther than he had had expected, almost getting tossed like a rag doll by his kick. Though admittedly he was a lot heavier than the tiny kelvic man, and so could both use more force, and throw more weight behind his blows than the kelvic.

"Oops... Sorry there... You caught me off guard." He said, as he got back to his feet.

He did his best not to laugh, as he saw the kelvic fly into another man, and collide. Unfortunately the akalak did not find it so funny. He got mad, and stood ready to attack him.

Letting out a sigh, as things could never be simple, he looked the akalak in the eyes, let out a loud screaming battle cry, and ran right at the man to tackle him head on. Yes a bit ironic, since he had just gotten mad at the kelvic for doing so. But in this case, it was more about drawing attention from the vulnerable kelvic, than actually doing much damage.

Hopefully, this would be enough to draw the mans attention from the ferret, whether he was able to defend himself in time from the tackle or not.
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 25th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Dex mentally wrote a note to himself. Getting hit by large blue bodies hurts; do best to avoid. The large blue akalak had the fist raised up, about to knock Dex's nose through his face and out the back of his head. As the fist swung down, Dex moved his head to the side, out of the way. He heard the air passing next to his ear as the fist smashed into the sand hard, causing the akalak some degree of pain.

Then he heard a loud screaming shout from someone else, and watched as the large blue body above him was suddenly tackled by another large blue man, falling into a large tangle of limbs next to Dex. Promising himself to thank Rykanis, he pushed his body up into the standing position and kept himself out of reach from the flailing limbs as the two akalaks wrestled. He would have helped, but he wasn't sure how, without causing himself significant injury and getting in the way. He waited to make sure Rykanis came out okay from the fight.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 26th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Whether fortunately or unfortunately, he had managed to tackle the akalak, and before he was able to do harm to Dex. he felt a bit responsible for him, after all he was teaching him, he should have been more careful to not let him go flying into people.

His tackle though seemed to do little more than annoy the akalak. They grappled for a few moments, until the other man got the upper hand, tilted, and sent Rykanis off of him, to slam into the ground...

He had been a bit dazed, and looked up to see the akalak huffing off, muttering "cerulest" as he walked off, obviously thinking that Rykanis and his partner had no self control. Rykanis did, he just sometimes found it better to ignore it... Besides, that was what his other side was there for.

Letting out a groan, Rykanis rose once more, his back aching from the landing, and his elbow sporting a good bruise. He must have landed partially on it.

"Generally, I find it good to not involve other people in your spars, besides the two it involves. That just complicates things."

Rotating his shoulder, he looked at the kelvic, and gave him a smile.

"So, do you want to call it quits for know, or continue? And what was your name, I still never got it."

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 26th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Dex watched as the angry akalak stormed off after tossing Rykanis away. He waited to make sure everything was clear before standing near Rykanis, who was rotating his shoulder.

"I didn't mean to include him. He just provided a nice landing pad, accidentally of course. And just call me anything you like. I don't care about names much."

Thinking thoughtfully about fighting, his eyes alighted on something he remembered from their last encounter. The only shiny thing in Rykanis's house was sharp and pointy, and Rykanis had threatened to shish-ka-bob him with it.

"If I have to learn how to fight, why don't I just use something like your shiny, sharp, and pointy thing? That seems much easier to use then trying to hit large blue bodies with little ol me."

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 26th, 2012, 3:05 pm

If there was one thing you could do to get Rykanis to leave something alone, it was not to dangle the possibility of a fact or secret in front of him.

The fact that he did not want to tell Rykanis his name, just brought out his inner furor for finding secrets, making him yearn for this thing which was so clearly being hidden from him. Of course, the kelvic had no idea what he had just done.

"Ah, but i do, and names are important. What if I need to get your attention, or need to address you formally? Or introduce you? I would need to know your name. I cant just continue calling you kelvic all of the time. So I need to know what your name is."

Of course, by this point, Rykanis was getting suspicious... He had to have a reason for not wanting to tell his name... And if he had a reason, then it was likely that he might lie in an attempt to throw him off... Which meant even if he gave his name, there would be a chance of it being false, and him not being able to believe it...

"Besides, I gave you my name. It is rude not to do the same in return. Though it might not be important to a bunch of wild animals, if you plan to be around people, you will have to get used to telling people your name. It is a important aspect of greeting in societies."

Then he was reffering to his lakan... Not exactly the nicest description, calling it that "shiny, sharp, and pointy thing." He would just have to educate him on that also...

"My, 'pointy thing' is my lakan. And only full Akalaks use them. If you wanted to, you could learn to use a blade, a dagger or some such I suppose. But since you cant buy a lakan, there would be little point in learning to use one. Plus you can't really use one when in animal form. Though if you want to learn to use a another weapon, there is a different training school for that nearby. If you want, we can go there, and I can teach you the basics of a simple weapon. Don't worry, they have wooden practice ones."

oocSo if you want to go to the armed school, you can rp us going there yourself, and entering and such, on your post.

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 26th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Dex nodded quickly to the idea of going to the other school. It seemed like having something sharp and pointy like Rykanis's Lakan would be better then what he was trying to do now without it. Though Rykanis's fascination with his name was odd. He had several names, and he didn't use one specific one.

"Well then pick a name, then you'll know what to call me. And let's go to the other one, I can maybe do better there."

They both briefly gathered there things, which wasn't much, and head out of the building. Rykanis led the way, clearing a large path that Dex followed behind. They walked through a few crowds and across the street, most clearing for Rykanis's large form. After a few minutes, they entered a building similar to the one they just came from, but with various wooden weapon racks along the sides.

Dex felt slightly disappointed at them not being shiny, but he examined them anyway. He saw several wooden shapes, large and small, thick and thin. He looked at Rykanis to inform him about which he should grab.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 26th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Rykanis was simply getting no were... He was getting annoyed, as the kelvic was increasingly evasive, and not wanting to give up his name... Maybe if he was a bit more skilled in questioning people, he could get it out...

regardless, he went over to the weapon training place, still mulling over how he would next go at the kelvic to learn his name.

Trying to engender him to Rykanis, and knowing of his love for shinies, he took him over to one of the racks with the metal weapons.

"They also have some metal ones here. Now, we will train with the wooden ones, for safety, but you can choose here which to use..."

He picked up a few different ones, trying to decide which would be best for him... He would pick up each of the weapons in turn, as he mentioned them, and allow the kelvic to hold them if he so wished.

"Now, you are more on the small side... So your best bet is something small... A dagger, like this, you cannot go wrong with. Not so obvious you are carrying it, with a decent weight and length. They also have just basic knives, which are a bit simpler, not quite as effective, but smaller and lighter. And maybe shortswords? They are longer than a dagger, but not quite as long as a full length sword."

"I would say one of these smaller lighter weapons, though for you, a dagger might be best. Anything more, and I could see you having trouble, and anything less, and you just wont gain enough reach ,or be able to deal enough damage."

Once he picked his weapon, Rykanis would return them all to the rack, and bring him back to the wooden ones, picking out the wooden counterpart to his chosen weapon, and getting out a wooden lakan for himself to use.

"Now, we can fight whenever you are ready. Just remember, keep a decent grip, but not to tight. And don't get to overeager, and leave yourself open in trying to attack. Play it safe till you get the hang of it, okay... Kelvic..."

He exaggerated this last bit, as if he was searching for something to call him, obviously wanting to draw attention to the fact that he had no name for him.

"I am still not sure what to call you... And I cannot just make up a name. If I did, then how would I know when speaking to someone else, that we were talking of the same kelvic, if we don't know your real name. What do you call yourself? Or what were you named when you were younger? You must have a single name, for everyone to call you, or it will be utter confusion."

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 27th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Dex's eyes slightly glazed over. The rack of large shiny metal objects almost made him feel ecstatic, as he glanced over a mixture of weapons made from copper, steel, iron, and other things he couldn't identify, but all being very shiny. Rykanis pulled down a few, letting Dex hold them. He liked a lot of different ones, but couldn't decide.

At one point he pulled down what looked like a piece of fancy wood with carvings. Trying to figure out why it was in the shiny weapons rack, he ended up pulling the stick apart in two, each having a shiny blade on it. He let out a small gasp and showed Rykanis, obviously pleased with himself.

"What's this thing? I want to use this one."

Rykanis set the shiny weapon back together to look like a stick and set it back in the rack. He led Dex over to the wooden racks, and got a completely wooden weapon of the same style. He gave some instructions, and then asked about his name again.

"You could call be Ferret. Or Kelvic Ferret. Can't get me confused with anyone else then. Or you could use the last name I've had to use, John. I still say you can make one up."

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext