Knowing spots not stripes(Kennen)

Kadrath wants to learn about tigers to take care of little Daemon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kadrath Onktaka on April 24th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Timestamp: Spring 48, 512 AV

'I don't like it. It stinks in here.'

'No it doesn't Uruk. That's ink and parchment and I kinda like the scent.'

'By Wysar what is that skittering sound?! Is that bird bones snapping?' Uruk shuddered at the busy scratching of quill on scroll and Rath smiled.

'It's the sound of very sharp feather ends striking at parchment over and over.' He taunted his brother, with a smirk. Personally, he found the sounds soothing and industrious at the same time. And it was exactly what he was here for.

The seven foot, 220 lb indigo Akontak stood by the door, looking for someone to help him out. Kadrath needed to not only read and write down some information on tiger behavior, but also, someone to copy down some scrolls to take home with him. And as much as Uruk hated the ambiance, he needed medical information on tigers.

Icy blue eyes scanned the room and saw only the back of what must be a short, young, human boy, and no real help in sight. He sighed loudly at not seeing an Akalak around to help. He didn't mind searching, but he did very much mind ignorance. Wasting time looking for the right scroll in the wrong place would be inefficient and irritating.

"Where is that librarian?" he murmured quietly to himself.

(When Rath speaks and when Uruk speaks.)
Just as light brightens darkness, discovering inner fulfillment can eliminate any disorder or discomfort.
Ourselves
It takes two men to make one brother.
Kadrath Onktaka
Four isn't a crowd; it's an Akontak date.

Words: 88536
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kennen on April 26th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Kennen was carrying a stack of books, having been given them to put back on the shelves. Man were they heavy. Well, if he were an akalak like most others here it would be a pretty light load. But, he wasn't. He was stuck with his thin scrawny arms. As he struggled across the room with them he stopped as he noticed a big akalak standing in the door.

Kenne would set down his stack of books on a table with a loud thud, before moving over to the man. I wonder if he's ever even seen the inside of a library before. After all, he was probably a warrior and that didn't seem to include studying for long periods of time. "Umm, can i help you sir?" His voice would be soft but firm. "Perhaps your in the wrong building? This is the academies library." He would say carefully.

oocSorry this took so long and is so short. i promise it'll be better from here out
Kennen
Player

Words: 11798
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2012, 1:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kadrath Onktaka on April 29th, 2012, 6:11 pm

The boy he'd dismissed, suddenly dropped the books carelessly and loudly onto the table, making Rath frown. That was no way to treat books! Educational materials were scarce in Riverfall and something to be tended to. On the verge of scolding the young boy, his comment made Rath almost laugh out loud. Humor twinkled briefly in his ice blue eyes.

Typical humans assumed that because of naturally superior size, Akalaks weren't balanced. Well -he- was an Akontak, not Akalak and had this man known his elbow from his backside, he'd know the difference. Kadrath walked toward Kennen with a huge stride and loomed all seven feet over him, standing very close.

"Young man why would you assume I have the wrong building? Am I just a muscle-head with no brain? Do you imply that I must be illiterate because my species is born larger than yours? Have you studied the area and our Gods? Wysar demands balance in everything while Akajia demands knowledge because of its importance. These would denote that physical activity should be equally balanced with intellectual pursuit, little one. We could -all- learn a lesson from the Gods, neh?"

A large indigo hand held out some scrolls to be put away. The were in protective wooden tubing and kept in immaculate condition.

"Now that they're properly returned, do you know where to put these parasitology scrolls back to?" He raised an eyebrow at the human boy and continued in a different vein.

"I'm looking for scrolls or books on tigers-anything you can find. I need especially, nutrition, behavioral body language, habitat range and any and all health measures for cubs, preventative and curative. Also, if you could find a scribe, I need a copy I can take home with me on nocturnal habits of snow tiger cubs." He couldn't fathom age in humans as they usually looked so young, frail and tiny, and he hoped his request wouldn't be too much for the boy to handle.

Internally, Uruk snickered at Rath's unusually high-handed manner, and gave him mental kudos for acting like -him- instead of his polite self.

'Well done brother--that was a perfect impression of me!'

'Yea I've been watching Kanikra a lot lately and I like how she can assume her sister's role. I figured if I behave like a smug asshat who thinks he's superior and condescending to everything that's not Akalak, then I have your personality down perfect.'

'Yea funny. And in acting like you, I'd have to hold a copper miza sideways between my ass cheeks and act like an overemotional woman!'

'Very amusing Uruk. Really. Now go away or I'll concentrate on all the scratching noises on parchment and scroll coming from every direction.'

Uruk buried himself within deep down before the last two words were thought by Rath. While the internal conversation lasted only half a chime, Kadrath's icy blue gaze remained unwavering on the short, skinny human and he listened to what Kennen had to say--with a slight smirk. He just couldn't help it.

(When Rath speaks and when Uruk speaks.)
Kadrath Onktaka
Four isn't a crowd; it's an Akontak date.

Words: 88536
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes