[The Merchant Ring] New Items, New Faces (Open)

Amani strolls through the Merchant Ring on the hunt for pretty things and people. Perhaps she will meet someone new?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Amani on April 29th, 2012, 12:57 am

Timestanp: 35th Spring 512AV

Amani strolled through the many vendors that made up the Merchant Ring, her nose turned up at the trivial goods that they hawked. They were too ordinary, to common. She wanted to see something beautiful and exotic, something that she absolutely had to have, or sweet talk a young gentleman into buying for her. SHe had done it before and she was confident she could do it again. Young men were so easily influenced.

She picked up her crimson skirts and moved on to the next vendor, looking over his paltry goods once before she huffed and moved away, getting more agitated that she had now found anything that interested her. Perhaps she was looking in all the wrong places, or perhaps her tastes were just so far above these people that she couldn't settle on anything that they had to offer her. Yes, that was most likely it. Raenfae always seemed to bring her the most beautiful things that paled in comparison to the common goods that she was seeing here, so perhaps she was a bit spoiled.....

She kept her feet moving though, deciding to forgo her quest to find something beautiful and sit on one of the many benched that lined the canals, sitting down in a huff and looking out across the water. It never ceased to amaze her how beautiful Ravok was, the sight stirring the dark romantic in her heart. She smiled at a passing young man, watching as the poor fool stumble as he tried to smile back, his face flushing in embarrassment. She laughed at his clumsiness, the sound rich and full, and she turned her attention away from him, a smirk on her face. Yes, she like Ravok indeed.
Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aeron Darkhair on April 29th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Aeron made his way through the crowd aimlessly, occasionally stopping to examine one trinket or another. He wasn't interested in buying anything. He was just bored. He stopped at a stall full of cheap silver jewelry and asked for a closer look. The woman running the stall smiled at him, showing a mouthful of broken teeth and went to find what she said was her "best ring". Aeron nodded and left as soon as she turned her back. He doubted her "best ring" would be much more than smithy scraps.

He stopped at a few more stalls, never really paying attention to what he was looking at. He didn't care. He didn't even know why he had bothered to leave his room. He wanted little more than to drink a pitcher of mulled wine and fall asleep after a hearty-round of lovemaking. Instead he was shuffling around the marketplace with no particular reason. He was getting ready to turn tail and make his way back to the boarding house when he saw the woman on the bench.

She was gorgeous, and from the way she was taunting the poor bastard across the square, she was well aware of the fact. Poor kid. Even if he hadn't made an ass out of himself -which Aeron reckoned never would have happened in the first place- he wouldn't have had a chance with her. Aeron decided -ignoring the fact that this woman was an apparent man eater- to drop down on the bench next to her.

"Aren't you a treat? It's rare to find someone prettier than the city."
Aeron Darkhair
Player

Words: 7420
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2012, 2:07 am
Character sheet

Postby Amani on April 30th, 2012, 11:11 pm

The man sliding into the seat next to her was an added treat to her day, and she eyed him up and down, accessing the man's worth to her. He was not bad on the eyes and his clothing was fine, a lot finer than most, which led her to assume that he had a decent amount of money...or he at least pretended to. She tilted her head slightly to the side as her grey eyes studied him, adjusting her skirts as she did so. He was obviously a cad, and the pick up line was charming but seemingly practiced, as if he had used it numerous times. Amani felt that their was no harm in indulging him, at least for a little while.

"Your opening lines are charming darling, but rehearsed,"she said with a chuckle, turning her body slightly to face him more. "I'm sure it would melt the heart of some poor woman, but sadly, you are going to have to do more to impress me." Her eyes flashed in amusement and mischief, hoping that this fellow could give her a bit of fun for a little while before she headed home. She was genuinely curious as to what he could come up with. "My name is Amani, and who do I have the pleasure of sharing my time with?,"she asked with a grin, resting an elbow on the back of the bench and resting her head on her hand.
Amani
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aeron Darkhair on May 1st, 2012, 3:19 am

She let her eyes roam over his body and Aeron took the opportunity to do the same. It was only fair wasn't it? She was tan and seemingly flawless, on the surface at least. He imagined she was the type to obsess over her looks and the looks she received from others. Her appearance was the first indicator of her status. He watched her head tilt to the side, letting his eyes connect with hers.

"You insult me love. I would never stoop to such a level," Aeron said, smiling roguishly. She'd called him out and they both knew it, but he'd never admit it. Why tell the truth when you could lie just as easily? Truthfully, Aeron had always felt more comfortable with a lie on his lips than with the truth he kept trapped behind his teeth. "Nothing that's worth anything comes easy," Aeron said, listening to her chuckle. It was a nice sound, haughty and rich. The type of laughter that oozed upper-crust.

"Amani eh? It suits you. Aeron Darkhair at your service. Purveyor of the most important good of all...information."
Aeron Darkhair
Player

Words: 7420
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2012, 2:07 am
Character sheet

Postby Amani on May 3rd, 2012, 3:02 pm

His smile was charming as it was infectious, something that was a danger all on its own. She found herself smiling in response to him and quickly realized that this was going to be a game, a game of who would have the upperhand in their harmless meeting. Amani was not one to lose, especially to a man who could be influenced by her charms. "Aeron Darkhair, the shameless flatterer and pursuer of women,"she said with a wink, shifting slightly on the seat so her dress hugged her body. He had clearly took the time to examine all of her contours, just as she had examined him, so she took that as an opportunity to use that to her advantage. Conversation always seemed to flow when men wanted a beautiful woman.

"That title I think suits you more darling, seeing as we both know that you would indeed stoop to that level. But enough with the fun and games, you have provided me with something that I find much more interesting than sweet nothings,"she said, her eyes watching him closely. He said he provided something far more valuable than goods, which was also something that Amani collected as well. Information was a valuable commodity in this city, and improving one's station meant you needed to have information and contacts to do so, provided that one's contacts provided you with the right information. The trick is finding one that provided accurate information, and that task was sometimes harder than it seemed. She needed contacts, that much was certain. This Aeron needed to prove that his information was sound before she decided to use him.

"You are a purveyor of a valuable good Aeron Darkhair, and I just so happen to be a collector,"she said smoothly, the playful tone in her voice gone. "The problem with being a collector is you have to weed out the ones who spin tales for their own amusement, which, I can assure you that I take care of." There was no need to mention the fact that a throat or two had been slit or that a few mugs of wine had been poisoned, there was no need to scare the man yet. But the treat hung in the air between them and a small smirk appeared on her face as she looked at him. "So, if you can prove to me that you are more than what you appear, then I will consider continuing our conversation. If not, then you are of no use to me, and therefore our conversation is done. That would be a shame though, since I was hoping you could provide me with some amusement."
Amani
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook