New to this website and its rules and sheets

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Eclair on May 2nd, 2012, 6:01 pm

I was wondering where you make your character sheets and where you bring them for approval? And where is a good start to role play and make friends and foes? Id like to get active as soon as possible.

=)
Eclair
Because Lifes To Short To Be Small

Words: 5024
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2012, 5:55 pm
Race: Dhani

Postby Lessira on May 2nd, 2012, 7:06 pm

First off welcome to Mizahar Goth. The Character Sheet forum can be found here. All you do is make your character sheet and post it in this forum, and then our wonderful site liaisons will review and approve them.

Be sure to read all of your welcome PM. In it is included a players guide, a how to get started section, everything you need to know about making your Character sheet (CS), and it even gives you examples of some other people's CS's to help you out. In the CS forum Shepherd was even nice enough to give all new players templates for each city in order to better guide them on their journey.

Now, getting started is very simple, and honestly EVERY city is a great place to start. If you are new to the game entirely you may wish to start with one of the lower population cities such as Mura or Lhavit, and we actually have a few new cities that are open for play, such as Sultros. If you want to jump right in it we have tons of active players in every city, and all are more than willing to assist you on your journey. The Spires has recently received a new Storyteller and is doing amazing, and of course all of the other ST's in the other cities are great at what they do. Here is a list of cities you can use to find your fit. Remember choose a place that sounds fun to you :)

And lastly, friends and foes will come naturally as you start to play. So first things first, read through the info of in your welcome PM, Work out your CS, Find a city that is right for you and then start playing to your hearts content :). If you have any questions we have a question and answers forum found in the Recourse tab, or you can ask questions here as well.

Enjoy your stay,
Less
Lessira
I am Fallen...

Words: 67629
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eclair on May 2nd, 2012, 8:31 pm

Thank you so much that was informative and helpful, I'm just working on a character sheet now and figuring out how things work this is very different then the typical free form pvp forums that I'm used to. But this place is so cool its like it's own universe, not used to DnD stats but I'm looking forward to learning
Eclair
Because Lifes To Short To Be Small

Words: 5024
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2012, 5:55 pm
Race: Dhani

Postby Lessira on May 2nd, 2012, 9:17 pm

I know you will enjoy it here :). I fell in love with the sight when I came back last summer. Ive been here ever since. Don't worry it just takes a few days until you are an expert on how things work here. Miza really IS a universe all on its own :)
Lessira
I am Fallen...

Words: 67629
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Masaiken on May 5th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Welcome, Sho! My name's Mikael but you can call me Masaiken or Masai. I think you'll enjoy your stay here at Mizahar. There is a lot to check out and even when you get done, there's more being developed all the time. Check this out if you want.

Well, first thing you should check out is:
--- The Starting Guide
--- Rules (highlights include: 1 character per account, 5 accounts allowed, and your characters cannot interact with each other in any way or form, or benefit from each other.)
--- Terms of Use
--- Creative Manifesto (This is super important! We're all about originality and not doing the same old cliches over and over and over and... well you get the idea.)

Followed by these links:
--- Starting Package (very important, it gives you your initial set of skill points and gear)
--- Races (There are 20 totally original races here, so simply playing to a racial norm means your character will be unique!)
--- Skill List (keep in mind that most of these are not fully developed, and some skills are not listed)
--- Magic List (magic is cool, but it does have its consequences-- don't ignore them)

You should post your character in a thread here. It's okay to post it even if it's a Work-In-Progress (WIP):
--- Character Sheet Forum

Here's some information on where you can start. It's important to research the lores on the cities before starting there, too:
--- Where to Start Out
--- City List (there's a very useful summary at the bottom of the page. Colombina is awesome!)

Lastly, some other important links. Feel free to ask for help if you don't understand, but with practice, you'll pick them up like a second nature.
--- Timestamping (this is a mandatory thing to learn)
--- Calendar
--- Experience Points (you get these after a Storyteller grades your thread. Think of each thread as a mini adventure in your character's life in the world of Mizahar)
Masaiken
also known as: Mikael

Words: 25969
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2012, 3:43 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet