[flashback]The Beginning Once More (solo)

Susta's life shifts like she does as she is taken a slave again.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[flashback]The Beginning Once More (solo)

Postby Susta on May 5th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Fall 34, 511 AV

My parents were taken away from me, leaving me in their dust. I was abandoned, abused, and alone. Lost, just another soulless person in the world with no purpose but to support other people's lives. Not my own.

And here I sat, in misery, watching the animals in their cages like me being bustled around by human hands. I sighed. This is how we were treated. Like pieces of property, each one of us sold like we had no emotions. Our lives were controlled by another.

My cage was only big enough for me to stand in. I couldn't move or walk, the humans say it takes up too much space. I say it's animal cruelty.

On top of mine was a cage which held a rabbit. Underneath me contained a chicken. Their cages weren't big either. A human with black short hair came hurrying toward me. I lifted my upper lip up in a snarl, but it soon faded when I realized, he wasn't picking my cage up. He was picking up the rabbit's. That left me on top. Once more, my mouth emitted a groan of annoyance. I was up next.

Sure enough, the same human with the dark short hair came back, and lifted my cage, taking me with it. He faced the front, which was the way I was standing, away from him luckily. That way I could see where the hell I was going. He took me out onto a large, long stage that jutted out into a clearing. People of all types stood around it, chatting and sending disgusted glares toward me.

I don't blame them. My life is disgusting.

The man set my cage down and opened it up. I heard an announcer call out as he unlocked it, "Up next, we have a lovely young kelvic dog. She is still a puppy, but that leaves her still able to train. Go on girl, show them what you can do."

Our eyes caught for a moment, his saying, I don't like this either, my own saying, I hate you. Nervously, I stepped out onto the stage, unsure of how I should do this. I came to the conclusion that, if I wanted to be adopted, I would need to show these people I could fight. That's all people could think about these days. I need to fight this, I need to kill that. Look at my weapon, I used it to kill someone! No one ever wanted to live a normal life anymore. They always wanted to rush into combat and see how many lives they could take.

My life is taken. I'm not dead though. I sure wish I was.

I wobbled up and down, and then ran a couple laps, showing off my running skills. After a while though, my puppy fat caught up with me and I collapsed onto the ground next to my cage. The announcer shouted again, this time taking my bids.

"Who would like this lovely young dog?" He waited for a couple of seconds, before starting the countdown.

"Going once!"
No responses.
"Going twice!"
The crowd remained silent.
"Going three-"

"I will buy her!" An elderly voice rasped, quiet but loud enough for the announcer to hear.
Susta
Corgi Queen

Words: 6163
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 7:47 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet