[Jakobis Yard] The Squires Horse (Xalet)

Ana gets to meet someone from Syliras through horses!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ana Sol Starris on May 20th, 2012, 10:27 pm

The offer was generous, possibly just a bit much so to Ana; for what one gained, there seemed to be eqaul loss. Letting her hands fall to their respective sides, one hand twitched, the other remained loose but tense. As Xuphim would poke her with a finger, she quickly stepped to the side with a heavy glare. Feeling a boiling fury bubble to and fro at the action, not so much the words, she knew she was scrawny and not much to look at strengthwise but to be touched.. No, she took a step back to distance herself from him with a strict frown, eyes narrowed at him as she listened, waiting for her turn to speak "thanks for the offer.. I would.. Will take you up on it, but may I request that you don't touch me..? Or attempt to unless in terms of...teaching..." Cocking an eyebrow at him, the inflection of her voice at the word 'training' seemed to inflict more meaning than what was meant to. But that didn't stop her from almost sneering at him, she had just barely held it back from completely surfacing. Why was she so edgy with touch? Not even Ana seemed to understand.. Just that most touch brought pain, unless it was certain people she knew.. Then she didn't mind if they got a little touchy feely.

No, she didn't completely trust him, he was still just a stranger in armor to her that was purple skinned.

Heat.. It sounded just like heat, he had used the word temperature and that was immeadiately what popped into her mind. Living beings weren't cold, they were warm and thus produced heat, he was talking about ones life force in essence. Just maybe.. Ana would have to try later whilst in the dark of the night to understand what he meant, it would, could possibly take days to perfect, even seasons, but she would do it. Now only if she could get close to his eyes to examine them.. That would require alot of touch though, plucking one out wasn't an option, she'd be dead before she could do any of the such sort and by how he continued to drawl on about how the Akalak strived for what sounded to Ana to be physical perfection. Did that mean every Akalak was like this? If so, Ana didn't stand much of a chance to obtain one.. even the thought sent her spine crawling. To hold an eyeball, how creepy that would be. Staring up at him, amused at her thoughts, as well as his words, she was about to say how she still didn't believe him then Purple went and changed it to the vision.

Giggling lightly at how he had worded it, "yes.. fair point then," she agreed with him, giving a rather amused smile. Not wishing to argue too much about the meaning of what makes ones vision.

"Well, why wouldn't I?" She quipped towards his suprise "you seem interesting enough," she shrugged her shoulders and started for the basket, bending, then picking it up and straightening up, unwrapping the cloak around it and draping it over her shoulder as he spoke more. Still, the offer was rather nice.. What would he want for it then? Hmm.. Ana could only wonder, "sounds like a plan, I'm rather light of foot so I could possibly scout an area around.. Though.. I think I'll leave the heavy fighting stuff to you," she grinned and raised both her eyesbrows and said in a somewhat teasing voice "Mr. I'm-So-Big-and-Strong-and-Purple."
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Xalet on May 22nd, 2012, 5:35 am

"No touching?" Xuphim repeated, and by the expression on his face it was difficult to tell if he was confused or annoyed. After a short time for personal introspection he finally shrugged his shoulders heavily, "Whatever. Don't act so disgusted with me though, I'm cleaner than most of the wretches I've met. The blood washes off pretty well from my skin. Besides, we have a damn fine bath house in Syliras. Although it's been a while since I got the chance to use it, now that I'm roughin' it out here in the trees." any idea that Ana disliked being touched for any reasons beyond thinking the Akalak was dirty seemed to go right over his head. He clearly wasn't exactly good at reading people too far beyond the surface of their words and their immediate actions.

Still, it seemed like she was tolerant enough of Xuphim to accompany him on one of his excursions into the mist. That was promising. Maybe after seeing him in action she'd change her mind about the whole 'no touching' thing. "Huh, alright then." he responded with a bit of a nod, "Yeah you look pretty quick on your feet, that's good. From what I've seen so far most of the stuff we're trying to catch will generally try to run in the opposite direction, and being as most of it can climb or fly or whatever it's a pain in the ass to try to keep up with. If you can think of any good traps or anything, that would probably help too. Trying to beat them senseless wasn't the best way to go about trying to catch one. I managed, but there's probably easier ways."

Supposedly there had been talk about Xuphim's encounter with the Jamoura that had been trying to protect it's young. It happened just after the Akalak had arrived to the Spires, and not knowing any better he decided to try to solve the problem the way he solved everything else before it, with brute force. Amazingly he just ended up with some lacerations and bruises, "Heh, well it's true girly." he offered her a smirk of his own, raising up his right arm and squeezing it into the classic 'bicep flex' pose. Of course most of the definition was hidden below layers of cloth and armor, so it was possible most of the visual impact could have been lost. "I'll find ya when I get some information that's worth while. Don't you worry, I'll take good care of you, just wait and see. Then maybe you won't mind the touchin' so much." After any further parting words, Xuphim simply raised a hand in a half-wave and departed, looking forward to getting something in his stomach before attempting to learn more about the Spires in order to further his efforts in wrangling in more of its inhabitants.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on May 22nd, 2012, 11:25 pm

Picking up the sudden hostility from Purple, Ana seemed to cringe ever so lightly under his gaze. He thought she thought he smelled when all she didn't like was touch, heck, he smelled alot better than the streets of Sunberth. Ana would give him that much, but his accusative manner annoyed her, yet she did not reply. Waiting for him to finish talking before she would begin her own reply, shifting upon one foot to another and looking towards the direction of the base camp. It wasn't like she abhorred the idea, her time in Sunberth had twisted her veiws on the seemingly harmless word that involved physical contact. To be in arms length with another was crowding a bubble, to actually have a move made towards ones person was popping said bubble of insecurities. Touch was Anas taboo, nothing more, she did not touch others and they would not touch her in return and the only time she had been forced to touch someone was to fight them off herself in hopes of escape of grip. Getting too close singled many warnings in her mind to back away, experience told her that any form of trying to weasle ones way through a personal bubble was bound to attempt to hurt her.

"We'll see about that.." She started off quietly, not entirely sure why he was so gravitated towards herself in terms of protection "first off, you don't smell.. Trust me, I've smelled worse than you ever possibly could, so its not your hygeine that irks me.. Not that at all, I simply don't like it when people get too close or too grabby.. It's rather annoying," she began to walk away a bit, a gait in her step "so don't assume such silly things, and we won't touch any time soon.. Not if I can help it," she looked over her shoulder with an expression of grimness "you should probably see Zandelia about borrowing me for the little expedition.. She's my groups current leader, and if you need me.. I'm here at the paddock every morning, and possibly at the training yard for a bit afterwards.. If I happen to not be in any of the places, well, I'm possibly running around the encampment practicing... Skills." At the last word she smiled, a very knowing smile, either stealth and sneaking around or her morphing skill.. Though lately she was having trouble finding enough free alone time to try and practice her morphing skills. Not like the little thief would tell the akalak that any time soon, nor would she spill that she was from Sunberth previously before the Spires.. Not on her own would she do so.

"Honestly though, I'm rather bored of standing and doing nothing.." She jumped a little, getting ready to sprint a bit "so I'll see you around later Purple." With a wave of her hand, Ana was off to go commit mischief and other such acts of practicing stealthyness. Turning on her heel and then jogging away, taking a few moments to turn it into a sprint. Staying by purple was making her awfully calm, and in a way she slightly recognized.. Just before her memory would blank out for the rest of the day. The feeling was unsettling to the little thief and so she distanced herself quickly, later though she hoped the rather odd buzz of her mind would dissipate next time they talked.

OOC :
annnd End! :D Felt it needed another post to make it more complete. I'll turn it in Xalet. :P
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Creeper on May 24th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Ana Sol Starris

Skills
Animal Husbandry: 2
Planning: 1
Observation: 2
Detection: 1
Interrogation: 1
Rhetoric: 1
Intimidation: 1

Lores
Akalak are Purple!
Nagging Thought: I Should Visit Syliras
Offer: Go Hunting with Xalet
Xalet: The Purple Man Smells Good

Other
None

Nice little work thread, I would like to see more actual work in the future, but I'll count this one :) Don't hurt yourself swooning for the Purple.

Xalet

Skills
Interrogation: 1
Intimidation: 1
Teaching: 1
Rhetoric: 2
Seduction: 2
Persuasion: 2

Lores
Ana is Interested in Xuphim After All
Offer: Get to Know Ana Sol Starris Better
Ana Sol Starris: Doesn't Like to be Touched

Other
None

Seduction by offering death and danger! Should work every time right? Nice little social experience. I like Xuphim more than Xalet right now :P
Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous