Solo threads

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Solo threads

Postby Casa on May 12th, 2012, 1:20 am

So I've roleplayed on a couple of sites but I've never seen the idea of solo threads before. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I'm not sure how they work. Can you just have a solo thread whenever you want? Are they just one post or are they multiple?
Casa
Player

Words: 13927
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2012, 3:56 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Solo threads

Postby Pash'nar on May 12th, 2012, 1:26 am

Most solos are more than 2 posts (2 being the minimum, I'd say). Some are very long. You can have a solo any time in the past up until the present season (obviously you can't solo the future). So, yes, whenever. Just make sure any of your solos don't overlap with any current or flashback threads (unless they're at a different time of day, of course). Enjoy!
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Solo threads

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 12th, 2012, 1:29 am

You can write one however you like, with certain possible limitations depending on the city you're in. For example, Syliras has a very strict order of Knights, so if you read the Syliras lore information, you'll find a few rules like not controlling the actions of guards/knights, or getting into mass brawls, etc. Those rules apply to all threads, including solos.

Each city has its own specifics, though in the time I've been here, they all seem very open and ready for your creativity, as long as you post within the rules of each city. Best bet, if you have any questions, is PM the Storytellers of that city and get some details. They've always been extremely helpful to me.

As for the length, there shouldn't be any limit. I've written 20 post long solos. Or some people post shorter ones if that's all they need to compete the "scene" in the thread. It's just like writing a short story or something.

Of course, I'm not a Moderator, I'm just quoting what my experience has been like. If you have more specific questions you should ask a staff person. They rock!
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Solo threads

Postby Casa on May 12th, 2012, 1:32 am

Okay, cool, thanks for the info.

And that's plenty of info, Minerva. Like I had said, I have never seen these solo threads before, so I was just curious about the basics as I get ready to start posting.
Casa
Player

Words: 13927
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2012, 3:56 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet