So, when do I start breathing fire? (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 12th, 2012, 4:32 am

OOCNPC permission given by Paragon

62nd Day of Spring, 512 AV

Kaeson pulled his bed covers over his head, attempting to block out the light shinning in from his window. The thin blankets provided little covered against the persistent light of dawn and, reluctantly, Kaeson pushed the bed covers off him. Lazily, Kaeson yawned and slowly streched his arms behind his back until he heard the familiar POP! he had become so accustomed to.

Temporarily blinded as his eyes readjusted to sunlight, Kaeson managed to get himself to the table on the far side of his small cottage, grabbing some food stuff on the way.

As he ate, Kaeson looked outside his window. Normally, Kaeson would turn his gaze towards Zeltiva's famous harbor, but this morning the shining spires of Zeltiva's other famous landmark, the university, held his gaze. Finishing his early breakfast, Kaeson couldn't help but shake the feeling that he had forgotten something. Something important.

"SHYTE!!" Kaeson yelled, as he immediately remembered the meeting he had scheduled with his reimancy professor. Cursing his own stupidity, Kaeson grabbed his backpack and started off running to the university.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 12th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Kaeson ran through the crowded university halls, shouting the occasional "Excuse me!" or "Coming through!" as he rushed towards the professor's office. Sweating and out breathed, Kaeson smiled as he saw the plaque on the door before him.

MARIE DODKINS

reimancy professor

Wiping his brow and smoothing out his hair, Kaeson did his best to look somewhat presentable. It was a laughable attempt, even if Kaeson had tried in earnest. His black hair remained as unmanageable as ever and while his face was now clean from sweat, it blushed red from his own exhaustion. Knocking on the door, Kaeson announced himself,"Hello? M--,uh Professor Dodkins? It's Kaeson Da--."

"It's unlocked," a voice yelled, interrupting Kaeson. Assuming the voice's interjection had been an invitation, Kaeson let himself in to the small office.

Immediately after entering into the small room, Kaeson couldn't help but notice how empty the room was. Aside from a window to the right of Kaeson, the walls held no decorations. No paintings or plants warmed the cold empty room. Kaeson made note of the plain wooden desk in the center of the small office, seemingly lonely aside from the old woman standing behind it. Short and plain, Kaeson supposed the older woman to be in her early fifties.

Stepping towards her, Kaeson streched out his hand and said,"Professor Dodkins? I'm Kaeson Dakano...we, uh...we had a meeting planned..." Professor Dodkins, clearly not listening to a word Kaeson had said, had instead taking to staring intently at his hand. Kaeson cleared his throat, loudly and asked,"Is there...a problem with, uh, my hand, Professor?". Again, Professor Dodkins had either not heard Kaeson or had decided not to answer him. After standing there, awkwardly, for another 5 seconds, Kaeson decided it would be best to sit down and wait for the Professor to do the same.

"You are late, Mr. Danako." Kaeson flinched as Professor Dodkins spoke, her voice unexpectedly strong and abrasive for someone with her appearance.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 13th, 2012, 3:04 am

"I'm sorry, it's just --," Kaeson started, only to be interrupted again. "Surely, Mr. Danako, you did not come from..." Professor Dodkins paused, seemingly only for effect, "wherever it is you came from, to make excuses?" Kaeson began to open his mouth, wanting to say he obviously hadn't come from "wherever he had come from" to make excuses, but again Professor Dodkins interjected, saying,"Well, Mr. Danako, I am sure you are...truly sorry for your tardiness, but I believe it best if we continued our meeting."

"It's pronounced DaKaNo, Professor, my last name is Dakano." Kaeson said, making sure to pronounce his family name loud and clearly. He was proud of the name Dakano, and it had always annoyed Kaeson when his name was mispronounced.

"Yes, yes, Mr...Danako, now, I have no file of your initiation here, at Zeltiva, is it possible --." This time, Kaeson interrupted her. "Actually, it's DAKANO, ma'am." he said, this time a little louder. While he couldn't neccesarily prove Professor Dodkins had purposefully called him "Danako", Kaeson wasn't about to let it slip by, accident or not.

"Mr. Dakano, I had no idea you had scheduled this meeting solely to discuss your family name. Now, if you are willing to indulge me, I would very much like it if we were to limit our discussion to my reimancy class. Is that fine with you?" Professor Dodkins asked, lips pursed as she waited for Kaeson's response.

"Yes, ma'am." Kaeson mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Dakano? You must speak up, my hearing isn't exactly what it used to be." She said pointedly.

Yes, Professor Dodkins." Kaeson faced flushed an even deeper shade of red, his eyes bursted in hues of violet. Never had someone made Kaeson feel so...so embarrassed, so angry. So infuriated. If she wasn't his professor, he'd...he'd, "Well, for starters I definitely wouldn't be here." he thought. Kaeson knew he'd have to hold his tongue, no matter what he thought otherwise. Reimancy was extremely dangerous, and he'd rather learn it from Professor Dodkins then go it alone. No matter how bitchy she seemed.

"As I was saying, Mr. Dakano, I have no record of your intiation here at the university. Is it possible you have already been initiated?" Professor Dodkins asked.

"No, there's one later today though --," Kaeson tried to say.

"Ah yes, Mistress Farah will be initiating you. Very good, you are aware there will be another student who will be undergoing the process with you?" Kaeson nodded, finding it easier just to nod. "If she's just going to interrupt me, might as well say nothing at all," he mused. Professor Dodkins continued without acknowledging Kaeson's nod,"Very well, now, in regards to the actual class..." She paused, giving Kaeson a quick glance.

Professor Dodkins sighed, saying,"I assume, Mr. Dakano, that my class will not be the first time you have studied magic? Is this correct?"
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 14th, 2012, 2:03 am

"No, I've actually apprenticed for quite a few animators and --," again, Kaeson was interrupted by Professor Dodkins. "Animation? No, no, you misunderstand me, child. I wish to know if you have studied another discipline of personal magic. Animation is a " Professor Dodkins paused, struggling to find the right words, "...world magic."

Kaeson eyes narrowed as the words "world magic" struggled to leave the old woman's lips. While the young animator was obviously aware of animation's classification under world magic, he wasn't accustomed to people addressing his disciple of magic in such a disgusted tone. It was as if Professor Dodkins had been referring to an insect of some kind, her tone making world magic comparable to something so disgusting and unclean. Something beneath her.

Struggling to withhold his tongue from releasing a barrage of insults at the woman, Kaeson promptly said "No, then. I have no prior experience with personal magic.", not trusting himself with anything more then the most direct answer to Professor Dodkins' question.

Sighing, Professor Dodkins responded,"Well then, Mr. Dakano, I will be assigning you several assignments that I expect to be completed by next class." Handing Kaeson a small paper with a list of essay topics, she continued saying,"Completing these essay will ensure me that you are up to date with my class. Of course, I also expect you to have some level of control over your res the next time I see you as well, considering your initiation is later today."

Kaeson grabbed the paper, and managed a small nod as he left Professor Dodkins office.

"What a petching bitch" he thought, as he stormed off to the library.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arcane on May 15th, 2012, 9:00 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Experience Points
none

Lores
Marie Dodkins the Reimancy Professor
Professor Dodkins' Reaction to Animation
University of Zeltiva: Professor Marie Dodkins' Office

Miscellaneous
none

Comments
I can't give you any skills because I don't see sufficient practice of it to warrant growth :( That said, I look forward to seeing your future reimancy threads :) I like your description of Dodkins' snarky personality. I always love snarky ;)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes