Ruka "Rue"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ruka "Rue"

Postby Ruka on May 16th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Ruka

General Information

Name : Ruka

Nickname(s) : Rue

Born : Early Spring of 496 AV

Height : 5'0” (152.4 cm)

Race : Human

Heirloom : A book of plants and their usage created by her Grandmother. There are blank pages at the back for further development.

Appearance

Ruka is a short girl with curly, honey brown colored hair hanging a few inches off her shoulders. She has fair skin and hazel colored eyes, high cheek bones and a petite figure. She looks more like a little kid rather than a sixteen-year-old with her doll-like features and big, almond shaped eyes. Her chest is relatively small and she lacks in the waist area as well. Due to her tendency of being a clutz, she usually has a few bruises and scrapes located in various spots around her body.

Character Concept

Personality
:

Ruka is an energetic and optimistic girl, always looking on the bright side of any situation. She has many ideals and a strong sense of justice to support them, and a great desire to help others. She tends to act on her own though, which sometimes causes people not to appreciate her efforts, no matter how sincere they were. She became independent at a young age due to her grandmother's teachings, but knows when to rely on others when the situation calls for it.

Ruka has a naïve optimism and an untempered innocence about her that leads people to believe she's in need of protection. She tends to trust others too easily, therefore making her an easy target for those with ill wills. She can be quite stubborn when the situation allows it, and she's always eager to learn and help out in any way she can. However, being a natural born clutz, she tends to make things worse before they get better.

She is strongly devoted to the goddess Rak'keli, and seeks to become a person worthy of the goddess's blessing. She tends to get embarrassed when others give her praise, and is quick to annoy if someone should mention her height.

Likes / Dislikes :

Ruka likes reading and studying, and of course helping people. Her favorite foods are fruits because of their natural sweetness, but she tends to shy away from anything bitter. She likes light colors, and believes books are the gateway to knowledge. Her favorite time of day is the morning because of her love of watching the sun rise. She has a terrible fear of thunderstorms and heights, always trying to avoid these two things whenever possible.

History

Ruka's parents passed away when she was very young, which lead to her grandmother adopting and raising her. They lived in Mura for the greater duration of her life, and when her grandmother passed away, Ruka joined a caravan traveling from Mura to the main land. They ended up in the Kalea region, and Ruka soon took up residence in Alvadas.

As for other family, she does have an older brother, but he ran away soon after their parents death. Due to this, she has never met him nor does she know his name.

[OOC: Ruka's history will be expanded more through the RP.]

Skills

Skill Level
Herbalism Competent [Starter Pack]
Massage Novice [Starter Pack]
Medicine Competent [Starter Pack]

Skill Ledger :
Skill Points Out of Level
Herbalism +30 30/100 Competent
Massage (+5) (+1) 6/100 Novice
Medicine (+15) (+15 Racial Bonus) (+4) 34/100 Competent

Lores

Places

People

Religion
  • Lore of Religion: Rak'keli

Profession

Personal

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Seasonal Wages +546 GM 646 GM
Living Expenses [Common] -135 GM 511 GM

Equipment

Clothing
1 Set of Clothing
  • An off-white, spaghetti strapped tank-top
  • Dark shorts
  • Linen Undergarments
  • Suede colored, military styled coat
  • Below the knee high brown boots.

Survival
1 Waterskin

Backpack
1 Backpack which contains:
  • Comb (wood)
  • Brush (wood)
  • Soap
  • Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
  • 1 eating knife
  • Flint & Steel
  • A book of plants and their usage created by her Grandmother. There are blank pages at the back for further development.
Last edited by Ruka on June 10th, 2012, 7:43 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Ruka
"Hop. Skip. Jump!"

Words: 29316
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A lovely interview with Ruka

Postby Ruka on May 16th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Thread List

Spring - 512 AV

Day Thread Status
90 Help Wanted [Solo][Completed] Completed

Summer - 512 AV
Day Thread Status
10 Burning Trees and Wishful Thinking [Nira'lia] Ongoing
22 Taken Taken
Last edited by Ruka on June 10th, 2012, 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ruka
"Hop. Skip. Jump!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Lovely Interview With Ruka

Postby Ruka on May 31st, 2012, 8:10 pm

A Lovely Interview With Ruka

General Information :
What is your Name?

“A-ah, hello! Mine name's Ruka … I'm very pleased to meet you. -bows awkwardly-”

Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

“Mm! Some people like to call me, Rue. It's cute, right?”

How old are you?

“I'm 16-years-olds, and I was born in the early spring of 496 AV.”

What is your height?

“I'm 5'0” … I wish I were taller, but …”

What is your weight?

“W-what!? D-do I really have to answer that …?”

Aesthetics :
Describe yourself as you see yourself.

“Uhm, when I look at myself I see a short girl with curly, honey brown colored hair hanging a few inches off her shoulders. She has fair skin and hazel colored eyes, high cheek bones and a petite figure. She looks more like a little kid rather than a sixteen-year-old with her doll-like features and big, almond shaped eyes. Her chest is relatively small and she's lacking in the waist section as well …. ahem.”

Describe yourself as others typically see you.

“As other people see me? Well, when I was little, this boy told me I'd never hear the words pretty or lovely or beautiful … he said the only thing I would ever be was cute. -Sigh- I wish someone would call me beautiful or pretty or something like that, but all they ever say is 'you're so cute!' ...”

What is your favorite body feature?

“My eyes! Yes, definitely my eyes. They're a strange mixture of blue and brown and green and gold. Granny said that I had a bit of everyone's eyes in mine.”

How physically fit are you?

“Physically fit …? A-ah, well, I don't exercise really – but I'm not a couch potato either. So I guess I'm about average?”

How do you typically dress and what is your style?

“I like wearing comfortable things! It doesn't have to be girly, but I like wearing dresses and more womanly attire. Shorts are nice too, and boots.”

Family :

Who are your parents and what are they like?

“I don't remember my parents. They died when I was really young – that's why Granny took me in. She raised me from a baby to the me now. Granny is amazing, and caring, and motherly – but she can also be scary when she gets mad. I hated when she scolded me when I messed up on something … she's the one who showed me how to practice medicine! It's thanks to her that I want to be the worlds best medic ever! Helping people is such a rewarding feeling, don't you think?”

Do you have any brothers or sisters?

“I'm not sure. Granny said that I had an older brother, but I've never met him before. She said he ran away after my parents died, but she never told me anything about him. I hope I get to meet him someday ...”

What is your extended family like?

“U-um, I don't have extended family. Other than Granny, I haven't met anyone else ...”

Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

“Friends are just as important as family! Because friends are family to an extent aren't they? They always support you and try to help you whenever they can, just like family does. They (should) love you unconditionally, and they put up with you like your family does. So, to me, my friends are my very important family too.”

Do you treat animals like family?

“Yes, of course! Granny had this cat named Kaelie, and we were the best of friends! Even though she did like to leave scratches on my face and arms …”

“I was born in Mura, the capitol of Konti Isle in the early spring of 496 AV.”

Where do you live now?

“After Granny died, I joined a caravan from Konti Isle going to the main land. I now live in Alvadas in the Kalea region.”

If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?

“It's not a matter of where I want to live, really. It's a matter of where people need me the most. I think all of Mizahar is beautiful, if people take the chance to really look at it.”

Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?

“If I could vacation, I'd like to go back to Mura. It'd be really nice to see it again, after being away so long.”

Where do you fear to be?

“On top of mountains! I'm terribly afraid of heights ...”

Traits :
Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)

“Uhm, I have a lot of bruises and scars all over the place. I'm a bit of a clutz, so I tend to injure myself a lot. Heh heh.”

Are you right handed or left handed?

“Right handed!”

What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?

“Languages? Well, I'm fluent in common and my Kontinese is pretty basic.”

Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

“Like I said, I'm really clumsy, and when I'm nervous I tend to babble on and on really fast, and my voice always goes up a few octaves too. And I also stutter sometimes. It's really embarrassing. Oh! And Granny said that when I bow, I look like a bird pecking the ground ...”

Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

“N-no, not really. Unless the great goddess Rak'keli blesses me with her power of healing. T-that'd be really great ...”

Occupations :
What is your occupation?

“I want to be a medic! I've been studying medicine and herbalism with Granny since I can remember.”

Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

“I love learning about medicine and how to help others. One day I hope to be one of the greatest doctors in the world! I want to always be able to help people when they need help.”

If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?

“Like I said, a doctor!”

What occupation do you admire the most? Why?

“Doctor, or medic, which ever you prefer. I admire them because they have the ability to help people. Even though medics are looked over a lot, they're their own sort of hero, ya'know?”

What occupation do you lest like? Why?

“Assassination … I don't see how anyone can take someone's life so easily.”

Childhood :
What sort of child were you?

“I was always sickly growing up. I spent most of my time indoors our out in Granny's garden. It's there she taught be about different plants and how they could be used. It's also there where I realized that I wanted to be a medic when I grew up!”

What is your favorite memory from childhood?

“My favorite memory … well, it was one day in mid-summer, and Granny and I were outside in her garden. There was an injured bird laying by a tree. It had fell and broke its wing. So Granny and I picked it up and brought it back into the house, and then we healed it together. Granny taught me how to put a brace on the bird's arm, and how to keep it in place with bandages. I was so nervous I was going to hurt the bird even more than it already was! Heh heh. But Granny said that I was too gentle to hurt the bird, and from then on, I was never clumsy or hesitant when it came to helping people with their injuries!”

What is your worst memory from childhood?

“The day Granny died. It was really hard on me, and she was the only family I had left. I had no one left anymore. Well, I have my brother – if he's still alive – but I've never met him, and I don't know what he looks like.”

What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?

“My parents died when I was a baby, so I never met him. Granny was both my mom and my dad! She took care of me and raised me all by herself. We were really close. Her death was a hard blow to me.”

Who was your most influential role-model?

“Granny! She taught me everything I know about medicine and plants! She's was really amazing, and smart, and kind. Though, she was be scary when she scolded me. Granny was one of those people who went out of her way to help others, even if they were complete strangers. She was strong and confident, and was incredibly brave as well.”

Education :
What sort of education do you have?

“Since I was so sickly growing up, I didn't attend school. Granny taught me all that she knew. I know how to read and to write at the least.”

Do you like/dislike learning?

“History! I was always so bad at it. But I loved learning medicine and Herbology! Reading was fun to learn, but writing took me a while longer. I still can't spell for the life of me!”

Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

“That's easy – Granny! She taught me all that I know.”

How do you learn best?

“Hands on experience! But I'm good at learning through reading too. It's easy for me to remember stuff, but actually doing it is a lot more difficult than reading it from a book.”

What are your educational goals for the future?

“I love learning new things! And you never know everything where medicine is involved. I hope to keep learning all that I can!”

Relationships :
Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

“Well, yes. Wouldn't it be lonely if I didn't?”

Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

“Yes. Why should I not trust someone if they haven't given me a reason not to trust them? I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt.”

Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

“E-eh!? What sort of question is this? U-uhm … I only like guys in that sense … so, straight.”

Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

“-Blush- W-well, n-not really …”

Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

“N-no! Of course not! Oh goddess, I hope I don't look like a tomato right now.”

Drugs and Alcohol :
Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

“No, I don't like alcohol. The smell is too strong for me, and so is the taste. My nose is very sensitive to strong scents like that ...”

Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

“No, I haven't.”

What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

“W-well, if they're used for medical purposes I suppose it's okay … but doing it for fun is bad. It could ruin your health! Things like that shouldn't be used so lightly!”

Likes and Dislikes :
What are your hobbies?

“I like reading, and studying different plants. Granny gave me a plant journal, so I'm always trying to add more to it!”

Do you like to read?

“Yes! I believe reading is the gateway to knowledge. And secretly, I like reading romance novels. -Sigh- Wouldn't it be great if I could find someone I love so much like the heroine in this one book I'm reading … ?”

What annoys you more than anything else?

“People calling me cute, or teasing me because I'm short! I already know these things! It doesn't make me any less capable than them ...”

What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

“D-don't make fun of me, but … well … studying relaxes me. And reading.”

What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

“W-when people compliment me, or give me praise. It makes me feel good, of course, but it's also kind of embarrassing.”

Favorites :
What is your favorite color or colors?

“I like light colors – like the color of the sky, or the rays of the sun. They're bright and happy!”

What is your favorite time of day?

“Morning, when everyone is waking up. It's the calmest and prettiest time of day I think. Watching the sun come up over the horizon is breathtaking, no matter where you are! It lets you know that, no matter what, the sun is always there to greet you in the morning. For me, it symbolizes my hope.”

What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

“Beautiful things vary depending on the person. Some people might say a horizon, a material thing, or something emotional and deep. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen is life returning back into a person, who have lost their will to live and have given up. Don't you think that's a beautiful thing? It's like watching someone being reborn. A moment no words can possibly describe.”

What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

“I love fruits! Their natural sweetness is delicious – and they're good for you! I hate bitter foods, they always taste so, well, bitter.”

What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

“Sunny weather is my favorite, and I do better in warm temperatures rather than in cold temperatures. I hate thunderstorms … I-I'm terrified of them.”

Outlook :
Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

“Optimist! It's depressing being so negative all the time.”

What are your religious views?

“I'm a devoted follower of the lady goddess Rak'keli.”

Would you be able to kill?

“No, I'd never kill anyone or anything. T-that's not what goddess Rak'keli stands for! I want to heal people, not kill them.”

What are your views on sex?

“-Blush- W-well, i-it's a m-method for making b-babies … erm.”

What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

“Walking your own path. That's the only thing we can do, isn't it? We have to do what we believe then, with no regrets. If we don't, we're living a lie aren't we?”

Emotions :
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?

“Completely honest. If people aren't open with each other, how can they expect to others to be?”

Do you have any biases or prejudices?

“No.”

What makes you happy?

“Helping people when they're injured. It's the greatest feeling knowing you helped someone who needed it.”

Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

“Would I die for? I'm not sure. I think the answer to that question comes to you when you're faced with that situation.”

What makes you angry?

“I-I'm not sure. When people don't rely on their friends. If they can't rely on their friends, who can they rely on?”

Relationships :
In general, how do you treat others?

“Granny always said, 'treat others the way you want to be treated,' so that's what I do. I try to be a nice as possible.”

Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

“Granny was the most important person in my life, but she died. Now, all my friends are.”

Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

“Heh heh. Once again, Granny.”

Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.

“N-no.”

Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

“My friends. If I can't rely on them, who can I rely on?”

Group Situations :
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

“I try to avoid conflict.”

Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

“No, not normally. But I can if I have to.”

Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

“I love meeting new people, so large groups don't really bother me.”

Do you care what others think of you?

“Well, yes ...”

What do you think of others, in general?

“In general? I don't know if I can answer that. Everyone's different, so it's not possible to group everyone together generally.”

Self Image :
What is your greatest strength as a person?

“Kindness, I think? And I'm a pretty good listener.”

What is your greatest weakness?

“Granny said that my greatest weakness was my naive optimism, and that I trusted too easily.”

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

“My height, and my cuteness. I want others to see me as a woman, not a child!”

Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

“Extroverted.”

Are you generally organized or messy?

“A little bit of both, really. Heh heh.”

Beliefs :
What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?

“The lady goddess, Rak'keli.”

Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?

“All gods and goddesses should be feared to a certain extent.”

Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?

“No. But I hope that someone I prove myself worthy enough that goddess Rak'keli blesses me with her mark of healing.”

What lengths would you go to to please your deity?

“I think this is another of those situational questions. You don't really know the answer until you're faced with that situation.”

Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

“U-uhm, are you suppose to draw a line for deities? Well, I suppose, if she tells me to sacrifice my life for no reason. That wouldn't be right.”

Life & Death :
What do you absolutely live for?

“To help others.”

What is the best part of life?

“Living! When you're alive, anything is possible if you believe in it strongly enough.”

What is the best part of death?

“Death? I-I'm not sure. I didn't know death was good ...”

If you could choose, how would you want to die?

“Old age, and painless. In my sleep, with the sun shinning down on me. Maybe even in a garden.”

What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

“How I helped people, so that maybe, they'd learn to help others as well.”
Ruka
"Hop. Skip. Jump!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets