[Location] Summoning Labs

WIP

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] Summoning Labs

Postby Echelon on May 17th, 2012, 10:38 pm

This location needs development: Please donate your time, and make your mark on Zeltiva.

NPC:
Professor Fianza :
Cadena Anaya Fianza
Professor of Summoning and Familiary
"I am not getting paid to argue with you.
I'm not getting paid to be your friend.
And, I am not getting paid very much to teach you.
So don't make me repeat myself."
- Professor Fianza

What you need to know to play her:

A relatively new staff member, only joining the community in Autumn 511, Miss Fianza represents a new kind of teaching. She has her own agenda, if you follow it you will succeed if you don't, an extra planetary creature very well might eat you. Then she will fail you. In all truth she isn't a teacher to be trifled with, and would unlikely have been picked for the job, had there been any other candidate of her particular field to have put in an application. As practitioners of Summoning, and more notably, Familiary don't tend to hold much interest in teaching others their knowledge.

Though she has a very rigid way of teaching, she is not what one would call "strict." For, if a student ignores her limited instructions she will not repeat herself, or tell the student off. She will simply continue her lessons, give them no further instruction, and leave it to the student to decide why he was missing an arm at the end of the class.

Her teaching style depends greatly on text study, specifically basic and often vague journals often pertaining little to Summoning and Familiary specifically, for she doesn't enjoy wasting any more time than she must actually meeting with her students. Though, the time you do win with her will be intimate and personal. Only on the first day of a season does the whole collection of students wishing to learn under her meet together, after that she sets up personal meetings with each and every student to request, checking in twice a week with each upon their prerogative.

The meetings can vary greatly between a quick five minute check-ins, and assignment of next reading material, to entire days dedicated to improving form, and perhaps even sharing coordinates, depending on her personal opinion of the student, and what they have to offer. For this reason, she only allows a small sample of students to join her tutelage each season, carefully handpicking their names from the list of applicants herself. Contrary to what some might believe, her students are the most important things in the world to her, especially those with strong potential.

Negotiation is a must with this teacher. If you have nothing to offer her, than she will offer nothing in return. As you learn from Miss Fianza the intricacies of summoning and Familiary you will inadvertently learn the necessary social skills to survive the two schools of magic.

Professor Fianza:

DOB: 475
Stated Age: 29
Role: Professor of Summoning, and Familiary
Residence: Academy of Zeltiva
Location: Anywhere she chooses to meet for lessons that week.
Moderation Requirement: May Moderate if you are enrolled in the field of magic.
Skills:
Summoning 65
Familiary 55
Seduction 34
Rhetoric 29
Glyphing 30
Teaching 5

Familiar:

Name: Suiembro
Type: Gordios
ImageImage
Draft by Trente