A Large number of questions in no particular order.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Vycion on May 29th, 2012, 12:47 pm

As a Dhani, I feel that most armor would be bad for things like shape shifting. I've decided to go with studded leather armor for human form. The Price List said that it was flexible. Exactly how restraining will that be, and how much protection, from what, would it actually be?

*If i wanted a beast of burden (like an ox or horse), and a wagon, would that be possible for a Dhani constrictor that prefers traveling in dhani form? I think the animal might fear a snake my size.
*Another thing; I highly doubt such an animal would be anything but food in Zinrah, so I'd need to get it in another city along my travels. If this can't be done, is the Dhani form of a constrictor big enough for one to pull the average wagon full of stuff himself? How might I hook that up?

Vycion will be dedicated warrior caste, as a reference to his skill set until I get my CS up, so he will not have had the time to mess with any magic. Post creation, how difficult would it be for him to learn shielding?
The Shielding lore states that a sword wouldn't cut if shielded against damage. Would the same hold true for blunt objects, as far as weapon damaging others is concerned? Improvised practice weapons/ sparring is why I ask.

Being a constrictor Dhani, would I have to write a short story to get Siku's gnosis pre-creation, or would it be similar to a Vantha asking for Morwen's?

Body temperature. As a Dhani, between the human and snake forms, do we also change from warm to cold blooded? If we do, what about Dhani form?

**Would I have to get Form Fit guantlets, for them to fit my Dhani form? This is under the assumption that my Dhani and Human forms have largely different proportions when it comes to the torso and arms.

If i had a snake "pet", does that count as the traveling companion NPC, with a need for skill points and the like? Would I be able to get a poisonous one?
Assuming I can get a poisonous snake companion, could i possibly milk it for it's venom?

**How long would it usually be in between clutches(?) of eggs, for constrictor dhani? This question is because i may want to be a bit older or younger then a sibling by a full hatching or two.

That is it for now, but I will likely have more later.
Last edited by Vycion on May 30th, 2012, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vycion
Brutally Effective

Words: 1646
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 9:01 am
Race: Dhani
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on May 30th, 2012, 12:18 am

I will try and answer the questions I can, particularly the ones related to dhani. Though I am by no means an expert on them, I have gathered a decent bit over my time of playing one.

-Armor- Leather armor is more geared towards stopping blunt weapons damage, like clubs and staffs. And while it might prove to make a bladed weapon like a small knife or dagger do a bit less damage, or to go a bit less deep, you will still get slashed pretty good. Dont expect it to help much against a full sized weapon, like a sword. It will go through that easily.

Also, most armor covers most of the body. If you are wearing leather armor, or most full body armor, it will make it so you either cannot change into your other forms, or it could possibly destroy the armor if it is ripped apart. Though if you are wearing metal, it might just not give, and squish you inside.

Though if you dont plan to change form, it is not to bad.

If you do plan to change form, at least to dhani form, then using back and breast armor(costs 50gm) might work better.

Since it only covers the torso, it should not be affected by changing from human to dhani form, or dhani to human. Though it would most likely still limit you from going into your snake form. Also, it is metal armor, which will prove to protect against blades and such a lot better. Though it only covers the torso, and it is not indestructible.

- Magic- Whether or not your dhani would know magic depends more on were he is, and has been. However, I would like to point out that using shielding to stop weapons came be a bit problematic, as if the weapon skill being used on it is higher than the shielding skill, it can break the shield. And any shield you create to stop your weapon from being damaged, will also stop that weapon from hitting whatever you are trying to hit.

So if you try and hit a person, and your weapon is shielded so that it cannot hit people, or metal weapons, it will merely bounce right off, doing no damage to your weapon, or your foe.

Though if you are sparring with someone with a weapon skill higher than your shielding skill, that could also break your shield. Which makes using it for sparring difficult.

-siku mark- If you want to have a mark from siku pre-creation, you will have to request it in the help desk, and make a story for how he received it. No free gnosis for being a dhani.

-body temp- Well, a snake is a cold blooded creature. Which means its body temp will be the same as the ambient temperature of its surroundings. Though its body heat does rise a bit when it is digesting food. Which would go for snake and dhani form. As for the human form, I would assume they are warm blooded, as in human form a dhani is indistinguishable from a normal human.

- snake pet- As to the poison, this is from the price list-
"Poisonous snakes are not easily found for sale on the open market in most locales and thus do not show up in the price list."

So you can have a snake pet, but it would most likely be non-venomous. It would not be a npc, just a pet, like any other animal, and unskilled. Also, if you want to have a snake pet, you would need skill in animal husbrandry(snakes), to handle it, even though you can talk to it in snake tongue. It is still a stupid animal.

So, those are the ones I can best answer. Hope that helps.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Vycion on May 30th, 2012, 12:55 am

Thank you for answering so many questions. It helped me out a lot.

I have a question involving the armor, though. You said that back and breast might work for Dhani and Human forms. So, would that mean that the torso and arms retain the same or similar dimensions in between the two forms?
Vycion
Brutally Effective

Words: 1646
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 9:01 am
Plotnotes