Mist Born (Apos, Stig, Sahash)

Hunting Thread!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Mist Born (Apos, Stig, Sahash)

Postby Zandelia on June 1st, 2012, 10:58 pm

Summer 2nd, 512 AV - The Cages Fringe (Noon)

Noon was with her, the sun a pale orb at its zenith as she strode from the longhouse of the Crimson Edge. She had done much in her time at the Spires, and some of it had been useful in sealing her yoke upon the others as the leader of the band. What she had held in but name only was becoming a slow reality with each success. Hunting had been good for them their combined might – joined with her own brand of subtlety – giving them much to be praised for. Some had even ventured into the mists of their own accord, a bravery she was willing to commend when auctioned correctly None had died as of yet, yet another score upon which she could find positivity as she began her walk towards the mists, her pack of weapons upon her left shoulder.

And I can hope things only keep improving, for I may not be here for much longer. The hints that I may be selected for a special task weigh all to heavily upon my mind she thought as she began to truly realize that time was of the essence.

She had to impart a standard of dominance upon the Crimson Edge that she had not had before, the pressure mounting further when she considered that she had little time to do it in. Whilst it was true that it seemed the reclamation could take seve3ral seasons in the completion, she was not willing to keep them there for that long no matter how much coin there was t be harvested. With each passing day their influence in Sunberth would wane, the tasks of those left behind to keep it alive running further against the grain. If they did not leave soon, bearing in mind that it would take a good number of days t traverse the wilderness in returning, those left behind would be in real danger of death without support. Such a notion caused her to rethink their stays.

“It could only be until the end of Summer, we must arrive back by then or we will be returning to rebuild everything we will have lost” she whispered to herself as she padded towards the assigned meeting ground.

This time she had chosen to meet with the other hunters upon the edge of the Cages, the idea that changing the location caused members to more integrate with the local population proven to be correct. They would need that link, that vital life line. It was the only true way that they could gauge any worthy targets to direct themselves towards, and information never came easily without first knowing the person whom was giving it – that much she knew well enough. That very morning alone she had been going about her guard duty and had stumbled across a nice portion of information regarding Jamoura targets from an ex-feral’s lips. She had little idea, of course, that it was truth or even current in nature. Still, she was not about to destroy morale by saying so, and if they came back with anything at all to their names it would be a benefit. In actuality these forays were more to forge a closer unity between those involved than they were to earn money.

I am sure Cade would never have seen them as such, but the bastard’s dead so it matters little. His vision of a marauding band was good, but what I intend will be better. It might take longer, but creating power to a point is better than spreading it out evenly she thought as she arrived at the allotted spot, at the allotted time.

All she had to do now, was wait.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)