No More Day Dreams (Flash Back)

Alessa's last day with the Praslin's before she is sold.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Kyra on June 4th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Timestamp: 30th of Winter 510 AV
Where: Ravok
Who: The Praslin's

It was a busy afternoon in Ravok. People hurried back and forth as they made their way through the city. Many were out just to enjoy the life style that their families had afford them, and others were out working hard to earn enough for another meal. As people moved through town the sound of music could be heard coming from a house in the Noble District. Inside the house, Alessa Praslin, sat in the music room practicing on her owner's Bellows Organ. Her small fingers glided across the keyboard as the musical notes came to life filling the room with a light beautiful melody. Adele, the kelvic's owner, stood in the next room working on a painting. She had started on it the week before and still wasn't done yet. It was a long-time hobby of hers and she liked to take her time with every brush stroke, expecting every painting to be a masterpiece of it's own.

From her place in the next room, she could hear Alessa playing the Organ, she smiled as she listened. Alessa was getting better at it and was very good at learning from her. Adele felt very proud of her, she was growing up so well. Alessa was filled with hope and her love for her mother was endless. Deciding to take a break, Adele looked over her painting again momentarily before leaving the room. "Very good my dear you're doing so well. Here, allow me, I think you will enjoy this." She said with a smile and came and sat down next to her on the bench. Alessa smiled as she watched her mother play. The music was memorable and the time, she would not soon forget. She closed her eyes swaying to the music as Adele continued to play, then rose from her seat lifting her arms into the air as she danced in circles. She had never heard the song before but it touched her heart. Alessa danced, moving across the floor swaying left then right as if dancing with an invisible prince. She danced and she would dance until the music stopped. She twirled about on her toes instinctively gliding around the chairs and small table set up in the room.

Jacques had just returned from the market buying fresh supplies for the dinner he was about to prepare. Fresh, pickled fish with a side of Green beans and Carrots. Jacques was the Praslin's cook and butler, and had spent most of his life serving the family. After he had returned, he stepped inside the music room to let Adele know that he was back. Looking into the room he saw Alessa dancing around beside Adele who was playing the Organ. He smiled and placed the bag he carried on the near-by table before making his way to Alessa, taking her small hands into his as he began to dance with her.

A look of shock came upon her face as he spun her into his arms. Once she realized who it was she smiled sweetly letting him lead her in their dance. He was a good dancer, it looked almost rehearsed the way he drew her in close only to spin her away then around and back into his arms again. Alessa was light on her toes being careful not to step on his or move in the wrong direction. Her movements were light and her body flowed like water in and out of his arms. She looked over her shoulder toward her mother who sat at the organ continuing to play for them.

Adele laughed as she looked over her shoulder seeing Jacques dancing with Alessa. She was almost to the end of the song but she restarted just to let them dance more. Minutes passed by and they still danced, and Adele played on. Watching Alessa dancing, smiling made her happy. Alessa's smile, the way she laughed, it was the way she imagined that her daughter would if she had lived. Adele's hands glided back and forth across the keyboard as her fingers tickle the averies making herself a one woman symphony. She moved into the final stage of the song and finished it off big. Adele then retired from the Organ, turning toward them as she applauded their show.

“Good show, good show!” she laughed

Jacques chuckled spinning Alessa out of his arm one last time before releasing her hand. He smiled as he bowed to her pulling both of his arms behind his back.
“Very good my lady duchess, I see your dancing lessons are paying off quite well.Why I'm sure that you will become the greatest dancer in Ravok before we know it.” Alessa curtsied then placed a hand to either side of her narrow hips as she looked to him. "Must you continue to tease me, I am no duchess, you know that I am not.” She giggled. "I am but a girl, one who enjoys dancing and music."

"Yes, and you're becoming quiet good at it as well. I have something for you, a gift for a fellow music lover." He reached into his coat pocket pulling out a skinny, metal flute. Spinning the thin, metal piece around his finger, he slowed it's motion as he held it out to her.“It's so beautiful….." She lean forward staring lovingly at the metal flute, and bouncing it a tad noticing how lite it was. Her eyes lit up with excitement as she attempted to spin the piece around her small finger. Within seconds it slipped from her hand and tumbled across the floor.

"Oooh!"
She pouted as she hurried to find it where it landed just under the chair sitting back against the wall. Alessa took the flute into her small hands holding it close to her chest. She bit her lower lip gently tracing the groves in the design with her finger tip. Her eyes marveled at the detail that had been put into crafting it and the shine of the metal, looking almost a reddish rue as it reflected the fire from the pit beside her. She looked to her mother and back to Jacques for conformation. “Are you sure it is ok if I keep this?”

"Well, of course it's OK if you keep it. It is my gift to you my lady duchess." He smiled and bowed to her making a graceful gesture with his hand. Alessa smiled, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she ran into his arms tugging him. “Thank you so much! I promise that I will take care of it." She buried her face into his chest purring lightly. “ Thank you Jacques. But you must stop calling me duchess. Its embarrassing.” She said pulling away from him. "Okay fine, as you wish. I will no longer call you by that name.....After today." He said with a smirk and rubbed at his greyish beard. "Now go on and give it a try." Nodding, Alessa held the metal piece to her lips and blew heavily into it. Adele and Jacques winced and gnashing their teeth as the loud, unfocused tone reached their ears. "Interesting," Jacques grunted covering his ears. "This might take a while, but not to worry, I'm sure you will do just fine."
Last edited by Kyra on June 23rd, 2012, 3:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kyra on June 8th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Later that day after dinner, Alessa left the dinning room and went back to the music room. Whether in leopard or human form, she could consume large amounts of food and did so on a daily basis. This wasn't a tall order for Jacques as most of the meat was for Alessa, and although it was prepared much like Adele's meal, the meat was left uncooked. Jacques was able to get Adele to bend to that rule, knowing that cooked food wasn't good for Alessa. However Adele tried to get Alessa to eat vegetables and the leopard cub would rebel with a tantrum each and every time. As much as Adele wanted to think differently, Alessa was a leopard cub and not a human girl. There were many signs to suggest this, but Adele refused to see it differently.

Back in the music room, Alessa sat down in front of the crackling fire, she watched as it danced about the logs, as if it were putting on a show to entertain her. The flames held her attention for a while. The waves of orange and yellow twirling about and mixing together was almost hypnotizing. At times, she thought she saw something more and would lean in closer only to jump back from the heat. She sat there and her eyes began to feel heavy and soon she was curled up on the carpet floor. Suddenly she jumped up, when a clicking sound emanating from the door woke her. She quickly looked to her dress and tried to straighten out the wrinkles in it. Adele had told her many times before about laying on the floor in her nice dresses, and Alessa knew that she would be crossed if she caught her doing it again. Alessa turned around looking to the door, trying not to look guilty, and saw that Jacques was standing there.

"Taking a nap, are we? I hope that your meal wasn't too heavy?"

He stepped inside the room coming closer to her, his eyes were bright and caring, his smile inviting. Alessa brighten, her cheeks bursting with cheerful glee as she bounced up from the floor, racing toward him carelessly throwing herself into his arms. "Jacques! Have you come to play with me?"She clung to him hard, her small fingers digging into the folds in his jacket. She was happy in his arms, and in her youthful enthusiasm she couldn't stop herself from purring loudly. The smell of his cologne drifted into her nose, a smell that she would remember as a loving embrace. She closed her eyes, a deep breath escaping as she hugged him tightly, her small feet arching against the toes of his shoes.

"Oh Alessa, what a charming girl you are, and we love you so much. I just wish that lady Adele could see that...Well never mind. Victor has just returned home, I suspect that he and lady Adele will be going out tonight."

She listened as he told her of the news and wasn't too happy that Adele was leaving her again to go out with Victor. He was a hard man to know, and Alessa wasn't sure if he liked her at all. She was always cautious when she approached him, and although he never tried to harm her, he wasn't to friendly either. Jacques looked down at her, seeing her discomfort and lightly patted her head.

" Alessa, you needn't be upset, lady Adele won't be gone too long. I believe that they are attending a dance of some sort and I'm sure that she will be back sooner than you think." With a smile and a nod, he pulled himself away from her and headed back toward the door. "I have a few items to attend to, call for me should you need anything." He sighed as he left the room, knowing that the girl's need for Adele was as strong as her need to have a child. Still, he did what he could to reassure the young girl and put her mind at ease, but he saw no reason to tell her where Adele was really going. Orgies wasn't something that a child should know about, human or otherwise.

"But I want to play.."Alessa pouted as she walked back into the center of the room and took the south door into the art room. She didn't like it when her mother went out to these events as she would return smelling of strangers and odd spices. Her mood was another thing that was different as she became boldly loud and could barely stand on her own. Alessa didn't have a clue to what could cause such a change in a person, but in those moments her mother was a complete stranger. Standing in the doorway, she noticed the unfinished painting Adele had been working on and moved toward it to take a closer look.

It was an abstract of sorts, possibly a tribute to Rhysol, but Alessa couldn't tell. To her, the streaks of red, black, with strings of yellow and purple looked like a lot of fun to try. She thought for a moment, before removing the unfinished painting from the easel and putting up a blank board in its place. She looked around a bit finding a clean brush and the paint tray. Alessa looked to the blank board, its large white nothingness daring her to attempt it. Looking to her hand, she lightly rubbed the brush against the wetness of purple paint. Just as she was about to put the brush to the board she heard Adele's voice and spun around to see her.

“I always knew you had artistic talent in you. So what are you going to paint? A great thing about art is, it all starts in your imagination. What ever you can picture in your mind, you can bring it to life on the canvas." Adele stepped behind her pulling her into a gentle embrace and Alessa relaxed her arms allowing her to control their motion. "Art is a beautiful expression and it's easy once you understand the concept. I remember the first thing I painted was a rose bush. It may seem like a lot of work, but you mustn't think of it that way. This is for fun after all and you should enjoy it. One rose at a time, one petal at a time." A warm feeling arose in the girl's chest and her eyes brightened as she looked to the beautiful rose they were creating. It was no masterpiece but there was something about it, something that made its purple petals glow. She smiled drifting back into Adele's arms as she kissed her forehead. Alessa purred and nuzzled her head into Adele's shoulder. “I like it, it looks real."

"I'm so happy you like it, now continue." Adele said as she stood up and walked back toward the door. "Victor is taking me out, I'll be back soon." Alessa turned around quickly, the sound of Adele's heels tapping the floor echoed in her ears, and she pouted knowing she was going to be alone for a while. Turning around, Adele noticed those big golden eyes staring sadly at her and smiled gently. "Don't be sad Alessa dear, I'll be back soon, I promise. " Taking a moment to think, and moving her fingers over her newly dressed hair, Adele came up with an idea. "I'll tell you what, tomorrow we will spend the entire day together, we can even go and have a new dress fashioned just for you. Ok?"

"Yes, I want too." Alessa happily flung the brush and paint tray back onto the table running to embrace her. Adele laughed as she ran to hug her catching little Alessa in her arms. She leaned forward kissing Alessa's forehead, and smiled to her perfect little angel. Giggling Alessa pulled Adele's arms out starting to dance with her. “You're the best mother in the world!” She giggled more moving under her arm starting to tickle her. Adele laughed slowly moving backwards when she tickled her, with a smirk she spun Alessa around tickling her tiny body. Alessa giggled as she continued to tickle her mother trying to duck her hands as she tried to tickle her back.

A squeak escaped her lips when Adele suddenly spun her around tickling her. She laughed hard, stumbling around in the doorway trying to free herself.
"No fair, No fair!" Alessa yelped dropping to her knees trying to slip from Adele's grasp. “I've got you now Alessa, do you give?” Adele laughed holding her as Alessa danced around in her arms. “Yes, Yes I give!” she cried out still laughing. Finally after claiming the victory Adele released Alessa to stand on her own again. Alessa moved to the table trying to catch her breath and just as she did, Adele had pulled her back into her arms hugging her. "I won't be long dear, I promise." Alessa smiled leaning her head against Adele's chest gently holding onto her shirt sleeve and purring lightly. " okay"
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kyra on June 19th, 2012, 3:56 am

After Adele left, Alessa decided that she would finish the painting that she had started. She took up the brush again and moved in front of the canvas. The purple rose was a pretty sight, but it still needed work. Some type of background would make the painting even more enjoyable. Alessa turned to the table again to find more paint to use, and although she had no clue as to what she was doing, she had watched Adele do the same many times. Mimicking her mother's movements, she spread different paint colors onto the palette. She dipped her brush into yellow, red, and blue. All sorts of paint colors where splattered across the palette and the mixing of colors gave her a selection of green, brown, and a odd shade of purple.

She moved back to the canvas again and dragged the brush hairs across it, painting multicolored blotches to either side of the rose and above it. Alessa continued to paint for moments having no concept of how to paint, but she enjoyed the colorful twirls and wiggled streaks that now covered most of the canvas that surround the single purple rose. Once she was done, or had grown tired of using the skinny bush, she laid it and the palette back on the table. She stared curiously at the painting, the added features of oddly blended colors seem to cause the rose to stand out more. She looked closer and rubbed at her tiny nose, the smell of the paint fumes were heavy and irritated her. Reaching her small hand out, her finger tips pressed lightly against the wet paint on the canvas causing it to smear and stain her fingers.

Jacques stood in the kitchen polishing the last plate before placing it back into the cabinet. The day had been a busy one for him, but it was the same most days at the Praslin's. Today however, with Adele gone out for a while, and after he finished washing their clothes and putting Alessa to bed, he would have time to himself. Moments like that, was what he enjoyed most. Having the free time to relax comfortably while reading from one of Adele's many shelves, was a good way to end the night. Once he had finished in the kitchen, he left the room and headed to collect the dirty laundry. As he walked through the hallway, he stopped and waited. The entire house was quiet, much too quiet with a rambunctious kelvic child living there. Alessa was a hand full on most days but it was when she was the most quiet that she got into worse trouble. Jacques moved quickly through the halls, hoping to find her before she destroyed something valuable. Just as he passed the music room, a loud blaring nose exploded from within, ringing his eardrums and sending chills up his narrow spine.

Peaking inside the room, he saw Alessa prancing about while blowing as hard as she could into the flute, performing her best impression of the musical artisans she saw in the market. Jacques chuckled to himself as he watched her. Perhaps it's wasn't the best idea to buy her a flute, but at least it was keeping her busy. "There you are, I see that your practice is going..somewhere.." He said with a smile as he stepped inside the room. Alessa turned to him when she realized that he was watching her and skipped over to him still blowing hard into the flute. "My, what an strong pair of lungs you have Alessa. Who would have thought that such a loud blaring sound could come from something so....." He cut off his own sentence when he noticed the paint smears on her cheeks, hands, and even her dress.

"Oh Alessa, what a messy child you are. Does lady Adele know that you've been in her paints?" He asked and tried to pry the flute from her hands and mouth, but Alessa wasn't ready to part with her new favorite toy and held tightly, even biting the mouthpiece to hold it longer. "Alessa do you mind?" He said in a stern tone and finally pulled the object free. Pouting, Alessa rubbed her tongue across her teeth to numb the feeling from having the flute snatched from her clinched teeth. " Yes, she knows that I painted, she helped me." Jacques reached into his inner pocket and pulled out a simple white handkerchief and used it to wipe the paint smears from her cheeks and hands. "Oh I'm going to have to clean this dress right away before these stains set in." Alessa quickly looks down, unaware that she had gotten paint all over her dress. "Oh no, she will not be pleased!" She said loudly as she began rubbing at the spots on her dress in order to remove them. "No no, Alessa you'll only make it worse." Jacques explained quickly and pulled her hands away from her dress. One look into those big, golden eyes and he could tell that the girl was getting upset again. He sighed and gently rubbed her small shoulders as he spoke in a low and sweet tone of voice. "I'll tell you what, let me take care of your dress and you.....You can do your special trick. How about that?" Alessa quickly perked up and clasped her hands together and even wiggled her little hips. "Do you mean it? Can I really?"

"Yes, I mean it, but you must go up to your room and stay in there." Jacques explained while waving a single finger at her. When Adele would be away for a few hours and Alessa had behaved herself, Jacques would allow her to transform back into her original form. It was something that Adele would never allow her to do, playing into her naive fantasy that Alessa was a real girl. Because of this, Jacques would only allow Alessa to change if he was certain that Adele would be gone for a few hours and that he would have enough time to clean up if the girl made a mess. "Great! This is going to be such fun!" Alessa said before bursting into a giggling fit and dancing around. "Settle down, now give me your dress and be quick about it." Nodding her head, Alessa removed her dress, revealing the silk gown she wore underneath. A soft purring sound began to rumble inside her as her excitement grew. It had been some time since she was last allowed to change, and even longer in her very young mind. Alessa happily tossed the dress into his arms where it mostly landed on his head and quickly sprinted up to her room. "Oh Alessa don't run in the house! Oh and be sure to remove your gown!" He said loudly as he collected her dress and moved into the hall. "I hope she remembers..." Jacques was instantly reminded of when Alessa first started to change. The changes would come suddenly in a whirl of bright light and he would find her tangled in her clothing struggling to free herself. It took some doing to train her to control it but they were able to do it, much to Adele's delight. Jacques made his way into the wash room to clean the stains from the dress, if he was lucky he could do it quickly and still have time to relax before Adele returned.

Upstairs, Alessa stood in her room. Inside the room was a bit smaller than the music room and a tad more so than Adele's room. There was a small Chester cabinet in the corner and a mid sized bed just below the window at the far wall. A small table sat near the center of the room and a book shelf against the wall facing the door where she stood. Slipping out of her gown and letting it drop carelessly to the floor, Alessa stepped into the middle of the room, lifting up on the tips of her toes, and started to spin around. She tossed back her head with a giggle, her arms spread out to either side of her as she continued to spin around until a bright orb of light consumed her tiny frame. The light flashed brightly and even leaked through the cracks of the window as it expanded. It was only for a brief moment that the light shined before dissolving and bringing the room back to it's darken state.

Alessa continued to spin before flopping onto the floor and rolling around on her back. It was a freeing experience for her and one that made her feel as if she had been reborn. Alessa stopped and laid still, looking down at her tail as it slapped the floor over and over again. Suddenly she rolled over and jumped to her feet. The excitement from the transformation caused a new wave of energy to grow inside her. Pacing back and forth across the floor, she felt the energy inside her come to a boil, and she couldn't sit still. Alessa slowly moved out into the hallway,her steps were light and steady as she made her way down the hall. Jacques had told her to stay in her room to control the amount of damage she might do, but her room was too small for her to stretch her legs and run around. At the bottom of the stairs, she lowered her head and crept lightly across the floor. She moved slowly as she looked around for Jacques, hoping that he wouldn't spot her as she walked by.

She moved passed the foyer and down the next hall leading to the kitchen. Transforming while fun, always made her hungry and she imagined that she could fine something eatable laying around. Once she reached the kitchen, she stopped just outside of the door and peaked in to make sure that he wasn't there before she entered. The scent of food still lingered but the source was gone and she couldn't see any either. Stopping by the table, she remembered that Jacques sometimes kept fruit in a dish on the table and decided to see if it was still there. She curled her lean body in with her legs under her, her tail swayed slowly back and forth as she readied herself. In one strong movement, she sprung from the floor and landed on the table with a thump. Again she paused, her ears perking up as she looked and listened for any moment from the halls. After she was sure that she wasn't heard, Alessa moved toward the bowl to find that it was filled with fruit. Not her favorite thing to eat and she hated it almost as much as she did vegetables. Suddenly the smell of cooked meat entered her nose.

The scent was stronger now and close to the kitchen. Alessa jumped down off the table and slipped out the opposite door to follow the smell. Her search led her to the reading room where she found Jacques sitting in one of the lounge chairs. After he had finished the laundry he sat down to read and have his dinner. She knew that she couldn't ask him for any because he never feed her cooked meat, although Adele did from time to time. Instead, she would have to sneak in and steal a piece of meat from his plate while he wasn't looking. It was a mid sized room, with shelves to either side and two more lined across the back wall. In the center of the room a small round table sat accompanied by two lounge chairs, that sat in front of the fire place. Alessa slowly crept into the room, her head lowered and back hunched, as she slipped through the shadows in the dimly lit room.

She moved behind the chair to hide her body and slowly peaked around the arm of the chair. Jacques sat quietly with his plate resting on the arm of the chair. Three thin slabs of beef laid on his plate surrounded by green beans and carrots. He hadn't touched anything on his plate as he seemed more interested in what he was reading. Alessa moved even closer and lifted her head a bit, her eyes focused on him as she moved her mouth to his plate. Her golden eyes shined even brighter, reflecting from the light of the fire, and in one quick movement she slipped a piece of beef off the plate. Leaning down a bit, she quickly ate the meat and looked up to get another piece. "Rhysol! I....Alessa!" He yelled and quickly stood from his chair, when he realized the kelvic leopard was stalking his plate. Caught in the fact, Alessa settled on the floor and looked up at him. "Really Alessa, I told you to stay in your room. Come on, get back to your room before lady Adele comes home and then we'll both be in trouble." Standing up, Alessa moved passed him, her head lowered until she was clear of him, when she suddenly sprinted out of the room. He hadn't noticed the missing piece of beef from his plate but he would soon and she wanted to be out of the room when that time came.
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kyra on June 23rd, 2012, 1:13 am

Jacques allowed Alessa to enjoy herself a bit longer before he had her to change back into human form and put her to bed. She instantly fell asleep, after eating a second dinner then running the halls had tired her out. She went to sleep, a smile on her face in anticipation for Adele's return. Many times when Adele would go out for the evening, she would return and rest on the bed beside Alessa. This always delighted Alessa, and although she didn't enjoy the new smells, she was always happy to see her mother. Hours later, Alessa suddenly woke up, bringing her hands to her face as she came to. It was still night, and a pale light shined in through the window, and causing a half shaped moon to appear across part of the bed and floor. There was a strange feeling creeping into her stomach and causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand out. Whether from the eerie silence or the fact that Adele wasn't there when she woke, was unclear to her. Sitting up, still trying to draw herself out of her slumbered state. She stood up, stumbling a bit as she made her way out of the bedroom. The eerie silence continued into the halls and a thick smell of blood stained the air around her.

"Mother?....Jacques?" She called out as she stepped lightly down the steps and into the foyer. The stench of blood was ripe in the air and grew stronger as she walked toward the closed doors of the family room. Standing at the closed doors, she paused, the smell was almost unbearable now as it flooded her small nose. Reaching out, her hands trembled and only seemed to ease when she grabbed the door handles. "Mother have you returned?" She asked, her voice almost a whimper. Alessa squeezed the door handles and pushes the doors open and stepped inside. Inside the room was a horrific scene of broken bodies and pools of blood on the floor. Her golden eyes widen, her mouth hung open, and her pale skin turned white as snow. Laying on the floor in the middle of the room was Jacques. His body was positioned strangely and almost as if he had been thrust into the floor. His limbs were stiff, displayed out to either side of him and his fingers curled into his fist. His head was tilted back, his mouth a gaping void and his eyes were rolled back, staring at the entrance where Alessa stood. "J-Jacques???" Her voice was high and squeaked when she spoke. Her body felt cold and her legs trembled beneath her and felt as if they would collapse at any moment.

Standing close to the center of the room was Victor. His clothing was covered in blood but he didn't appear to be injured. He stood with his shoulders lowered and shifted his weight to hide the bloody sword at his hip. "Victor! What happened to Jacques? Where's..." She raised her glassy eyes to the chair sitting against the far wall where Adele sat, a grotesque display of rage driven through human flesh. Her eyes were opened, seeming to stare at the ceiling, yet there was no light behind them. The silk corset she wore was ripped, and blood poured through the punctured flesh beneath it and stained her garments. "Mother!!" She cried out and raced toward the chair. Victor stepped forward, blocking her path and reached out to hold her twitching shoulders. "Mother!" She cried again curling her small fingers into his clothing and trying to push him away. "What happened to them Victor? Why didn't you protect them?" Her cries became louder and she struggled even more to free herself. Victor leaned forward and pulled her to him with his right arm and removed a golden collar from inside his jacket with his left hand and clamped it around her tiny neck. Alessa squeaked and grabbed the collar, trying to pull it off as she stumbled backwards and fell against the small table near the fire place.

Victor looked down upon her disgusted, she was nothing to him. Unlike Adele and Jacques, he didn't see the point of treating a lowly animal as anything but. In fact his despised her for taking up so much of Adele's time and mizas. Miza's and time that he thought should have been used to please him. "Protect them? What makes you think that they deserve my protection?" His voice was deep, his words sharp and cold, holding no emotion. Alessa paused, an icy chill racing up her spine as his words sunk in. "What are you saying? How could you let this happen!" Alessa demanded as she pulled herself off the table and began to struggle with the collar again. "Get this off me!" Victor's features hardened as he looked away to where Adele's body was and down to where Jacques laid.

"It was her own fault. She should have known, I demand the best and I won't be second to anyone." Alessa stopped her struggle against the collar and stared at him, his wicked, callus, words sunk in and the underline meaning was explained. "You did this?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper. "Why? Why would you do this!?!" She yelled, her voice much higher as her frustration grew. Victor stood there, untouched by her words and even seemed proud of his work. "What does it matter? It's not something that a dumb animal could understand."

Alessa raced toward him in a fit of anger. "I hate you!" Her swings were wild as she struck him again and again with her small fist. Victor chuckled to himself at her futile attack and simply grabbed her wrist and flung her back against the table. But he underestimated the young kelvic, and as she hit the table, she quickly launched herself toward him. Surprised, Victor held his arms out to stop her, but she grabbed hold of him and bit down into his arm hard. Groaning in pain, Victor grabbed a hand full of her hair and violently pulled back on her head. Alessa cried out as she released her grip on his arm before she was thrown to the floor. Victor hissed loudly holding onto his arm. The wound was deep and bleeding profusely.

Angered, Victor turned and swiftly slammed his boot into Alessa's stomach. Crying out, Alessa dropped from her knees and collapsed onto the floor. Laying on the floor, Alessa looked forward at the familiar leather boots, and raised her head up towards Adele's body. Tears poured heavily from her golden eyes, streaming down and wetting her reddish cheeks. "You stupid piece of..." He stopped himself as he curled his wounded arm close to his chest. "You dare bite me?" Victor narrowed his eyes and his face twisted into a sadistic grin as he pulled his sword out of it's sheath. "I'll send you to join your mother then." He spat and moved toward her with his sword raised. Realizing his intent, Alessa quickly pulled herself up and raced passed him and ran towards the door. As she reached the doorway, two men stepped in and blocked her path.

They were both wearing leather armor and carried swords as Victor did. Alessa stepped back and spun around trying to find an exit as the three men closed in on her. "Get away from me!" She cried, clawing and kicking at them in an effort to escape. A sharp gasped escaped her lips as a strong fist dig into her stomach, and dropped her to the floor. She curled her body and clutched her stomach, fresh tears poured from her mournful eyes and dripped onto the floor. The three men stood over her, their eyes were fierce and held no remorse for the pain and suffering they had caused her.

Victor winched, still holding his wounded arm to his chest, and the other held the blood stained sword that was pointed at her neck. His features were still hardened from the pain that he felt, yet he still to the best of his ability cracked a smile.
"You should consider yourself lucky. I should carve you up for what you did to my arm, but you're worth more alive." He looked up toward his companions for a brief moment and back down to her as he placed his boot on the side of her head. Alessa cried out again, and wildly grasping at his boot to remove it. He laughed and pressed down harder as he watched her. "The compy life is over for you, and tomorrow you're new life begins."
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Persona on July 6th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Thread Award!

Kyra:

Skills:
Play Musical Instrument: Flute 2
Dance 2
Observation 3
Wrestling 1
Painting 2
Stealth 1
Larceny 1
Running 1
Interrogation 1
Brawling 2

Lores:
Adele Wants Me to be Human
The Smell of Jacques’ Cologne
Memory: Seeing Dead Loved Ones

Extras:
None

I have a hard time believing Victor would have let you keep the flute when he sold you off, but if you found it in an attic or something in a future thread, I might reconsider letting you keep it ;)

Notes:
It’s refreshing to see a character struggle with things she’s never done before. Also, the scenes of gruesome death were... heart-wrenching. :((
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office