[Talulah's Scrapbook] Dead Roses and Such

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Talulah's Scrapbook] Dead Roses and Such

Postby Talulah on June 11th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Numb

I read his farewell...
My world falls apart...I'm numb...
I can't feel anything...

She huddles in the dark corner, staring at the pieces of her heart he left crushed on the floor.
The shadows reach for her.
The wind whispers her name.
She hears a knock on the door.
She stands and cries quietly.
She opens the door and embraces death.

Heartbreak

A tear like crystal,
Falls down her porcelin cheek,
Broken hearts,
Are not for the meek.

Forever and Always

Broken hearted I,
Cry where he cannot see.
I cry and think,
About when we were happy.

About when he confessed,
His love for me.
About when he gave me comfort,
When I lost Zali.

About when,
We were so close,
Bodies always touching,
Love bloomed like a rose.

He said "Forever and always",
He said "I love you".
I said it all back,
But now we are through.

I miss when,
We would always kiss,
His lips, his touch,
His love I miss.

I thought he said forever.
I thought he said always.
But now my heart aches,
And in my heart that ache will stay.

She

She hides in shadows,
Always weeping, nigh smiling.
Blood drips down her wrists...

Teardrops

I can't hold them back,
My quiet teardrops fall like rain,
Showing hidden pain.
Last edited by Talulah on February 12th, 2014, 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Talulah
Player

Words: 29551
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[Talulah's Scrapbook] Dead Roses on the Darkest Night

Postby Talulah on February 4th, 2013, 1:39 am

Ok so this is a char I came up with that I may or may not use . This is just a test drive:

Artaith of The Patient Shadows...

Born on the 12th Day of Summer, 497 AV

Artaith is a beautiful girl with bright jade, green eyes and dark red hair. Like all Myrians, her hair is very long. She used to keep it in a braid nearly all the time but, because her lost lover preferred her hair loose, she keeps it down no matter what now. She has a lithe, tanned body like all Myrians and decent sized breasts, not too large nor too small. Though she is quite depressed, she doesn't slump and holds herself proudly and walks with the cat like grace of a hunter or dancer.

Artaith has four studs in each ear and one in her tongue. She has her family tattoo on her upper left arm and a large tattoo to symbolize her lover in the middle of her back. She also has numerous, tiny marks going up her right leg. Unknown to anyone, these marks are her kill count. Every time she killed someone after getting cursed, she cut a small but deep gash in her leg, having it made permanent later the next time she comes to a tattoo parlor.

Artaith wears what is basically the equivalent of a tube top, a tight band of cloth that covers only her breasts and ties in the back, and a loincloth. She prefers to go barefoot but occasionally wears a pair of leather sandals. The sandals were actually her lover's and now she keeps them, as she does with many things, so she can feel closer to him. Even if she were to go someplace colder, she wouldn't dress any differently, not because she can't or because she isn't cold but because she believes she should suffer.

Artaith used to be a very happy, normal teenage Myrian. But now she is reclusive and depressed, sometimes even suicidally so. She only becomes social when she drinks or, on rare occasions, does drugs. Because she is still mourning the loss of her lover, she is always looking for something to distract her from her sorrows, be it drinking, sex, whatever is available really. Many times her one night stands will try to pursue her further and many have tried to earn her love but when she's sober, she has eyes for no man. She left her home because of the painful memories it held but now she wanders from city to city, with no real destination in mind. How long she stays in a city all depends on her experiences in the city.

History

Artaith's childhood was normal and happy. She lived with her family and quickly grew to love hunting and archery. Because of this, she grew to be an excellent hunter and bonded more with her Father but there were no real significant events in her life until she was twelve.

One day, in the summer of 509 AV, Artaith was out hunting alone. She saw movement close to the ground but as she raised her bow, she saw blood and realized it was an injured animal. She approached the area cautiously and discovered it was a tiger, not a Myrian tiger but a regular tiger, tangled in vines and with a fresh gash on its ear. Though she knew tigers to be dangerous, she had a soft spot for animals and quickly cut it loose. When the tiger was loose, however, it quickly changed form. It was then that she realized that it was, very obviously, a male Kelvic. He thanked her but before she could reply, he was a tiger once again, disappearing into the trees.

A few days later, she was hunting when she ran into the Kelvic again, after he accidentally stole her kill. After that, they met up every day and quickly became friends. She kept her Kelvic friend a secret, especially once the friendship turned into a romance.

In the Fall of 511 AV, when Artaith left to meet her lover, an admirer followed her, hoping to get a chance alone with her. She had no idea he was there until it was too late. Artaith was playfully tackled by the Kelvic, much like the way a big dog would greet its owner. But to the boy, it looked like she was being attacked. The boy quickly drew his knife and attacked the tiger boy.

It was a blur of screaming and movement to Artaith as she desperately tried to save her lover. And perhaps he would've won the fight if he hadn't reverted to his human form. By the time Artaith was able to stop the attacker, the Kelvic lay seemingly dead on the ground, bleeding from many wounds.

In a fit of rage and grief, Artaith attacked the killer, wrenching the knife away from him. She pushed him down to the ground and stabbed him over and over, sobs wracking her body. When she finally calmed and stopped, the Kelvic's body had disappeared...

As Artaith ran home, she heard a whisper on the wind, "Murderer..." and as she turned around she saw someone disappearing into the trees. When she got home, being careful to not be seen, she discovered the Vexation curse mark. She washed herself and burned the clothes she had worn when she murdered the boy before hiding away at home, worried about what her parents would say about the mark and what it meant. Of course she couldn't hide for long and the disappearance of the boy didn't go unnoticed. She was forced from hiding to join a search party for the boy.

The curse mark was impossible to hide, it affecting both hands, and she was questioned about it but she knew as much as those who asked what it was. She simply told them it started the day before and nothing else. She purposely avoided the place where she knew the body was but it was just delaying the inevitable. The body was soon discovered and it was obvious it was murder as the knife was still there as well. Artaith panicked and ran back home, clutching her head because her head was pounding.

When questioned about why she ran, she blamed it on being sick, though it wasn't the reason she was in a lot of pain, oblivious to why.

General Information :
What is your Name?

Artaith of The Patient Shadows

Do you go by a nickname or pet name?

Nope.

How old are you?

What is your height?

How the shyke would I know?!

What is your weight?

Again, I don't know kotakbil!

Aesthetics :
Describe yourself as you see yourself.

A murderer and waste of space. Useless.

Describe yourself as others typically see you.

A scantily clad, beautiful Myrian girl with many tattoos.

What is your favorite body feature?

My hair.

How physically fit are you?

I'm a Myrian and I have to kill people to survive. Not only that but I'm practically naked! You can see I'm pretty fit.

How do you typically dress and what is your style?

See what I'm wearing right now? This is how I usually dress and this is my style.

Family :
Who are your parents and what are they like?

My parents are nice.

Do you have any brothers or sisters?

I don't think so. I didn't when I left home.

What is your extended family like?

Um I dunno.

Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important thanp family?

I don't know. I have no friends.

Do you treat animals like family?

Yes. Very much so.

Taloba

Where do you live now?

Nowhere. I wander.

If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?

She is quiet for a little bit. I'm not going to answer that one.

Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?

Where me and Torao used to meet...

Where do you fear to be?

Nowhere.

Traits :
Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)

My curse mark. It causes me pain if I don't kill.

Are you right handed or left handed?

Right handed.

What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?

I speak Myrian and Common. As for the other questions, I'm sure you can answer those yourself.

Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

I don't think so.

Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

I have four studs in each ear and a stud in my tongue because I wanted it. The tattoo on my back symbolizes my love for Torao and my family tattoo is on my arm. The marks on my leg, there's one for each person I've killed.

Occupations :
What is your occupation?

Umm...Is murderer an occupation

Facepalm. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?

I've always dreamed of being a great warrior. Riding into battle and shooting all my enemies from atop my horse and having stories told about my victories...

What occupation do you admire the most? Why?

The knights. Because they're strong and brave and protect people.

What occupation do you least like? Why?

She cracks up laughing and holds her stomach. The...the people who....hahaha! Who have to clean up...hahaha...after I kill someone!

Childhood :
What sort of child were you?

I was a smart, energetic kid...wait a second I'm kinda still a kid!

What is your favorite memory from childhood?

She smiles and tears pool in her eyes. That day in the summer with Torao...we were laughing and chasing each other. He caught me and hugged me to his chest, we were both out of breath so we just stood that way for a while...And then he leaned forward and whispered softly into my ear, "Artaith....I love you..."

What is your worst memory from childhood?

The tears spill over now and silently run down her cheeks. The d-day I left home...I can still see him attacking T-torao...th-there was so m-much blood...She makes a soft keening noise and buries her face in her hands

After Artaith has composed herself...
What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?

I had a great relationship with my parents. I was with my Father more but that's just cause he was the one who taught me to hunt and how to shoot a bow.

Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Ummm I don't know.

Education :
What sort of education do you have?

Um I haven't gone to any school. But I've learned common. And how to use a bow and arrow. I think that counts.

Do you like/dislike learning?

It all depends on my patience that day and what I'm being taught.

Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

I learned most things from my Father.

How do you learn best?

She shrugs.

What are your educational goals for the future?

I don't have any. Though I would like to learn to use a sword or dagger well.

Relationships :
Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?

I used to, when I was happy. And didn't kill people. Now I don't because people seem to always cause me pain.

Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?

No of course not. If you immediately give someone your trust, you're going to get killed.

Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

Straight. Very petching straight.

Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.

She smiles. Yeah. That same day Torao told me he loved me. It was actually pretty soon after that. It gave me butterflies and I felt like I knew that we were supposed to be together...

Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Yep. But I sure as shyke ain't describing it.

Drugs and Alcohol :
Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.

I've been drunk many times and those times are a drunken fog. I can't remember the first time.

Do you like to drink on a regular basis?

Yep.

What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

Whatever gets me drunk.

Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?

Yeah I have and I have no clue what in shyke it was. All I know is that it was a he'll of a night and it took me forever to find my clothes when I woke up in the morning.

What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

They're very helpful to help you forget your life for a while and kill the pain of being alive.

Likes and Dislikes :
What are your hobbies?

Getting drunk, hunting, killing, doing drugs, anything that distracts me from my life.

Do you like to read?

Sometimes, depending on what it's about.

What annoys you more than anything else?

People who don't treat their loved one right. They don't realize how important they are!

What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?

Drink or sleep.

What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Um I don't know. Most embarrassing things probably happen to me when I'm drunk or on drugs so then it wouldn't embarrass me.

Favorites :
What is your favorite color or colors?

Orange and red...

What is your favorite time of day?

Sunset

What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

Torao when he's hunting...

What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?

I love to eat meat. I HATE seafood.

What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

I love when it's hot and sunny and humid. Thunder and lightning sometimes makes me jump.

Outlook :
Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

Pessimistic.

What are your religious views?

I'm not answering religious questions.

Would you be able to kill?

I have killed many times.

What are your views on sex?

It's fun and it feels amazing.

What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Love.

Actions :
What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?

The best thing I've done is fall in love with Torao. The worst thing I've done...not being able to save him...

What is your greatest regret?

Again, that I wasn't able to save Torao and pull the guy off him quickly enough.

What is your best/worst memory?

My answers are the same as when you asked me the best and worst memory of my childhood.

If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?

I wouldn't keep Torao a secret from everyone so that they knew about him and I wouldn't lose him...

What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Saving Torao the first day I saw him.

Emotions :
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?

Well I'm being pretty petching honest with my feelings and thoughts with you right now but usually it takes a person a lot of work for me to trust them enough to share stuff like this with them.

Do you have any biases or prejudices?

I don't think so.

What makes you happy?

Not much nowadays.

Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

I would die for a someone that I care about a lot. I wouldn't die for any material things, except for the things I have that were Torao's.

What makes you angry?

Haven't I answered this one before?

Relationships :
In general, how do you treat others?

I treat them cold and cautiously until they seem to deserve a friendly disposition.

Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

Torao was.

Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

I don't have a specific someone. But I greatly respect the knights as well as people who have lost their loved ones and been able to move on in life.

Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.

I did.

Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

I used to. I think you can figure out who I'm talking about.

Group Situations :
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

I am not a deyhan. I do not run from a fight, even if I know I'll lose.

Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

Sometimes.

Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

All depends on the kind of people who are in the group.

Do you care what others think of you?

Not at all.

What do you think of others, in general?

Nothing really. I don't really have an opinion on people in general.

Self Image :
What is your greatest strength as a person?

I am stubborn and determined.

What is your greatest weakness?

When I think about Torao too much, I break. Usually I'll be in bed for days. Well, as long as I can be without my curse mark killing me anyway.

If you could one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Nothing.

Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

Introverted.

Are you generally organized or messy?

Organized mostly though sometimes in between.

Beliefs :
What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?

She sighs. Dira.

Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?

Krysus

Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?

I have a Vexation curse mark from my first murder.

What lengths would you go to to please your deity?

Pass.

Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Not answering this one either.

Life & Death :
What do you absolutely live for?

Nothing.

What is the best part of life?

.......Hope.

What is the best part of death?

Being reunited with lost loved ones.

If you could choose, how would you want to die?

I want to go down fighting and take as many of my enemies as I can with me.

What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

I want to be remembered as a great, strong, brave warrior.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Words: 29551
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet