Through the salty sea (Tane)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Atl on June 12th, 2012, 4:07 am

Timestamp: 20th of Summer

Walking out into the pouring rain, bundled fishing net in hand, Atl started for the gates of Taloba where he'd arranged to meet his fang mates and a few others. Fishing wasn't the first choice he had on his mind to spend the day doing, but an offer from one of his fang mates was hard to refuse. The older scout was a man to be respected, and more so ever a trusted friend. Any invitation from him was to be accepted without hesitation, at least, that was how Atl saw it.

He looked ready to go out on patrol, suited up with his weapons in armor in preparation for any of the jungles' denizens that they might come across on their way to the shore, as well as dealing with whatever creatures, if any they might catch with their nets. It was good to be prepared. That kept you alive in the jungle wilds.

"Tohr!" Atl called out to the older scout as he neared the group gathered by the gate. The myrian returned the greeting by firmly clasping his forearm. "Its good to see you. I feared you wouldn't find your way to use with all the rain"

"Even blinded I could find you by smell alone" He jabbed back at his friend with a clap across the shoulder. His eyes immediately looked to the others in the group, most the familiar faces of his fang mates but some he didn't recognize. It didn't much matter, they would all know each other soon enough anyways.
Atl
of The Patient Shadows

Words: 11392
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2012, 3:45 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tane on June 13th, 2012, 9:49 pm

Tane was getting used to meeting new people. He was still new to the military, having just started his mandatory time of service. He was enjoying it thus far, even considering making a permanent career out of it.

He had met the men he was standing with now about three days ago around the garrison. Today they invited him out to go fishing with them. He was free for the time they asked and wasn't too worn out from his patrols and training, so he decided to go. He had been once or twice when he was real young, but to say he remembered much beyond common knowledge wouldn't be true.

He wore his full gear, still trying to get used to the fur-lined hide mail, as they called it. It was light and comfortable enough to wear all the time, which is what he liked about it. The gauntlets were the only part he had owned for more then a couple weeks, but even they had been modified. The amount of protection offered from all manner of man and beast was adequate; not as good as heavy armor, but with an axe one always had to be moving and able to close distances quickly. It was a psychological weapon, getting into the heads of enemies figuratively before it did so literally.

But that wasn't very important now, although he kept it by his side just in case.

The rain was nice. Cooled things down and brought a nice smell with it. And since they were headed to a nearby river, it would help them by keeping most of the bigger threats down. Of course this could be bad at the same time; the noise would cover their moving, not allowing bigger animals to get out of their way. Surprising a bear was never fun, for the Myrian or the bear.

A new man appeared, one he was told would be joining them. He addressed Tohr first, who Tane knew not much better then the newcomer. Tane's eyes met the man in front of him, greeting him with a smile. He extended his hand and introduced himself.

"Atl, I take it? I'm Tane. I was told you'd be joining us. It's nice to meet you."

He had to speak over the rain.
Tane
Player

Words: 8801
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 1:44 am
Character sheet

Postby Atl on June 14th, 2012, 5:42 pm

"And you. It will be good to have your strength out on the sea. Some fish, more difficult than others to haul in" Atl replied, holding out his arm in greeting. He knew well the dangers the sea presented, as well as the rest of the forest when it was raining like this. In this environment, if your attention slipped for just a moment, that was enough for the jungle to consume you. For a myrian that didn't know how to swim well, the sea proved equally dangerous, with deadly creatures lurking in waist deep water, waiting for prey to get close enough. It was hard to see everything, even in crystal clear waters, which was not often not the case.

"May Caiyha bless us this day" He added with a grin.
Atl
of The Patient Shadows

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tane on June 14th, 2012, 10:19 pm

"May she grant us sustenance as we honor her domain."

The men met with a firm grip and exchange of blessings. Surely it would be a successful outing.

"I hope we're so lucky to catch something that large. It's been a few days since I've had anything from the water. The rain might bring them out. It'll make us harder to hear, if nothing else."

Atl wasn't much smaller then Tane; about an inch shorter and a little leaner. They were both large men by Myrian standards.

"We should head out, yes? No use standing around here while someone else gets on the river first."
Tane
Player

Character sheet

Postby Atl on June 15th, 2012, 3:58 am

Atl smiled grimly, waving his hand. "No river today, we make for the coast. Others already have made for the basin and such. We hunt for bigger catch." He spoke simply, gesturing to the net tied to his hip. "Many days of travel ahead of us, you quick with a bow? I prefer fresh meat to rations"

He didn't much wait around for an answer as he turned around to follow Tohr and Fik, gesturing for Tane to follow. The myrian seemed able enough, and he trusted the others judgment with this one. One could tell the measure of a man by sparring alone if they knew how to look, and these men had been out on patrol with this one. If he wasn't capable, he wouldn't be here simple as that.

Through the gates they passed moving as one as they crossed the clearing between the city and the jungle. After the storm that had been a priority to reestablish among the goddess queens orders. Around them the jungle sung its song of life and death, and removed from fear the group continued on, Atl, Tane, Tohr, and Fik moving a little ways ahead to help scout out before the group, only slowing down when they were well ahead of the others. Fik and Tohr soon split off into the forest soon after that, leaving the two myrian to scout their own path through the jungle.

"If you favor the bow, best to ready it now. Do you know how to climb?"

oocIn the interest of keeping it moving along smoothly I sped it along a bit, but if you'd like it to be sped farther, or apart of a different section in the hunting party feel free to let me know and I'll change my post accordingly
Atl
of The Patient Shadows

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tane on June 15th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Many days? His head turned to Tohr, but before he could get a question out the ranking officer assured him that none of them would get in trouble for leaving. He had officially grabbed them all for a scouting expedition. The fishing was just a fun way to get food once they reached the shore.

"Well then, I think we're all set." Tane responded.
"Unfortunately, hunting has never really been my thing. I don't think I've even picked up a bow. I'm good with my axe, though. If we come across any bigger game, I can help carve it up."

"As for climbing, I suppose I do know how. Haven't made a habit of it, but I'll get along fine. Just lead the way, friend."

Tane had never been to the ocean. Not been outside of the walls much. This would be fun.
Tane
Player

Character sheet