An Interesting Evening (Vera)

Jeram and Vera meet in a tavern.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Jeram on June 13th, 2012, 3:36 am

Timestamp: 5th of Summer, 512 AV

People who were still outside would see that the sun was beginning to go down. It wasn't really dark yet but the sky was starting to become read. Jeram figured he would visit the Silver SIlver tavern for a drink before he went of to him home to relax. As he walked in he looked around for an empty table, preferably in a corner. Once he had spotted a table that he liked he went over and sat down. He was dressed in casual clothes today, with his flail at his side and his shield on his back. Jeram hoped that soon it would be the uniform Ebonstryfe armor that he would be walking in the tavern with.

Like always, the tavern still had plenty of patrons littered about. Jeram didn't think there was ever a time when the tavern would be found empty as it was one of the few places that someone could come a get a drink or something to eat. It didn't take very long before a barmaid had come up to him. "Is there anything I could get you sir?" she said to him with a smile. Jeram looked up at her and simply stated Why yes, i'll take a pitcher of wine with a glass". Once she heard his order she walked off and within a few minutes his order was brought to him. He then proceeded to sit back and enjoy his wine while looking around the tavern,
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Words: 34588
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 2:22 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vera Waterline on June 13th, 2012, 3:58 am

It was getting late, and the brunette was looking for a tavern to relax at. It had been a long day, training and training. She looked up at the sky, which was becoming red because of the sunset. She sighed deeply, ignoring the pain in her foot. "Damn horses, wont watch where they are stepping..." she said silently for herself. Not that she had ever hated horses, of course... She looked back forward, and hadn't noticed herself walking while looking at the sky. She quickly looked back to make sure that she hadn't broke anything. But just as she looked back, she walked straight at a old man who fell on the ground. "Hey! Whats where you're going, woman!" the man screamed with a unpleasant voice. Vera quickly helped him back up, trying to not get too much attention. But it was too late, really. Many people stared at her and whispered thing. "I am very, very sorry, sir. I didn't mean to. I just..." she tried to explain, but the old man just hit her with his walking stick. Some of the people laughed, but Vera sighed and backed off, quickly looking around for a tavern.

Then, there it was. Finally! A tavern. The brunette looked at the name. Silver silver? Hope it wasn't too expensive... But whatever! A drink is always a drink. She walked to the tavern and to her surprise, it was really cozy. She looked at all the people there, some drunk and some sober. When she walked to the bar desk and ordered something random from their list. Just as one mistake again, she didn't look at the price. But whatever. "Here's your drink, madam. Can i get you something else?" the woman said. They seemed awfully helpful here, and she felt like she should just said 'Yeah, can you go to the stables and clean the stall'. But she didn't, instead she just smiled and shook her head, took the glass of some sort of alcohol and turned around, looking at the people. Mostly she looked at the guys, of course. She was a woman, after all.
Vera Waterline
I didn't mean to lose my money. I swear!

Words: 3822
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2012, 9:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Jeram on June 13th, 2012, 4:18 am

The glass of wine was swished around in Jeram's hand slowly. Every minute or so he would take a drink from his glass. The wine was only commoner grade and wasn't as expensive as he wished he could afford at the moment but it would have to make do. He was mostly here to see if anything interesting would happen tonight. Ravok haters were also being looked out for. As an apprentice of the Ebonstryfe it was Jeram's duty to make sure that anyone who disrespects Rhysol would be punished severely and sent to The Black Hole for torture and probably death.

As his pitcher of wine starting loosing the fullness it once had Jeram was starting to get bored. He had a pretty good tolerance and the weak wine wasn't really affecting him very much. When the pitcher had been finished off Jeram got up from his seat and began walking to the door. Once he was only a couple steps from his table he saw a woman walk into the tavern. She was fairly tall and definitely attractive enough to catch his eye as she had already done.

Usually when you spot a woman the first thing you notice is their eyes or other obvious features. The first thing that Jeram spotted on this woman was her tattoo. It was fairly surprising to see a tattoo that covered that much of someone's shoulder and arm, on a woman at that. By now he was wondering why he was still standing there, it was time to go over to her and make a move. Jeram slowly walked up to the bar desk and sat beside the woman. "Hello there ma'am." Jeram said as he looked sensually into her eyes. "My name is Jeram and you know, i'm a soon to be soldier of the Ebonstryfe. So what's your name?"
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vera Waterline on June 13th, 2012, 4:41 am

Vera looked into the guys eyes. Them eyes were probably the nicest thing she had seen all week and she had seen a lot. She looked at him head to heel and smiled. She had never thought a guy would make a move on her. "Them people call me Vera. Nice to meet you." she said with a grin. She took a long drink and looked at the guy again. "Ebonstryfe you say? I think those people are underestimated. They got a great power for this place." she said, sounding more exited. It was nice to hear about the Ebonstryfes. Her parents had told her about them and said they were a bad organization, but as a crazy person, Vera had tried to find out more about them. She put down her glass of some liquid (that she had started calling TLIDK) and laughed a little. The sounds of drunken people was funny indeed, when you think about it. She heard random sentences about other cities that she had always wanted to go to.

But enough about that, she thought. She had company for Gods sake. "So, you're anything else than a becoming Ebonstryfe and a guy with really nice eyes?" she said with a amused voice. She didn't want to sound offending, but she had a pretty low tolerance. She leaned to the desk and grinned again. It was funny how she met awesome guys at taverns, not normally. She looked at the guy again. Handome, if nothing else. And he had manners. And he was not a poor person. Or not as poor as she was, at least. "Could i order you a drink or something? Seems like you haven't had one. or then they never gave it to you. Happens to me a lot." she laughed a little after her sentence, that was utterly true. She had been drunk in taverns, and they kept ignoring her all the time. She scratched her head, thinking of herself as a drunkard. She let out a little snort when she thought about it, but she quickly sat up more straight to not look like a dummy. About now she noticed a bruise appearing on her arm. Stupid old people.
Vera Waterline

Character sheet

Postby Jeram on June 13th, 2012, 5:17 am

Now that Jeram had gotten a closer look at the brunette he was glad he had come over to her. The woman's body was much better than he had originally thought it was. Considering that it appeared that she was drunk while he was still quite sober he could tell that she was checking him out, and it looked like she liked what she saw. It made him even happier when she had praised the Ebonstryfe. It made Jeram feel good about what he did when he heard that kind of stuff. Personally he knew how corrupted the Stryfe could be while also being the law of the city itself.

While she was still talking fondly of the Ebonstryfe the only thing that Jeram did was smile and nod. Then she had asked the question "So, you're anything else than a becoming Ebonstryfe and a guy with really nice eyes?" He quickly gave a little scoff at the question and proceeded to reply to it. "The Ebonstryfe is all I am for. They recruit you at a very young age and you train endlessly to the hopes that one day you will be able to please out might lord Rhysol and gain his favor, and maybe eventually rise to greatness and become that which is a druvin." he finished his long answer by edging a little closer to the woman whom said her name was Vera.

Jeram couldn't help but wonder how this night would end. Either it could be a successful night and he could end it with a little something in his favor, or the woman might end up passing out or have to go home leaving him in dissapointment. He was willing to see how this would go on. Jeram couldn't help but give a small smirk at the next question she had asked. "Could i order you a drink or something? Seems like you haven't had one. or then they never gave it to you. Happens to me a lot." Even though he had already had some wine he just couldn't help but not say yes to the occasion. "Why yes, something to drink would be lovely." he said as he slowly moved his hand forward, hopefully going on top of hers without he resisting. A small chuckle was let out by Jeram when Vera made a small snort. "You sure are a cute thing aren't you? he said with confidence/.
Last edited by Jeram on June 13th, 2012, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vera Waterline on June 13th, 2012, 5:42 am

Vera was glad that Jeram didn't think her as a complete idiot. She smile - or more like grinned- and knocked the table. The bartender walked up to her and looked at her with a amused face. "What can i get you?" was asked, and Vera thought for a little while. She had completely forgotten to ask what he liked, but she decided to order something fancy. Or as fancy as fancy was with her funds. "Just bring something good enough to be called a drink in this place" she said, not knowing what she really ordered. She stared at the guy behind the bar desk for a while and laughed. "Okay... I shall bring you something... fancy.." the guy said, and went off to mix something. Vera rolled her eyes at the guy and shook her head. "Bartenders nowadays... You know they can't go a single minute without thinking about alcoholic drinks? That's what i think. Or maybe it's just imagination." she talked again, thinking about weird stuff now, eh? She let out a small 'tsk' sound and grinned. She was happy, or at least more happy than she used to be. "So..." she wondered what she should ask. "You seem like a great guy. Got yourself a girlfriend?" she asked, but after that the thought that maybe it was a stupid question. What would it be like if a drunken girl asks if you have a girlfriend. She didn't mind herself and looked at the guy with a curious face. even if she did ask, the answer could be anything. She laughed at herself silently, and looked at the guy once again. "Here is your drink, madam. Enjoy." the bartender brought the 'fancy drink'. It was pretty colorful, and was served in a pretty big glass. Not that you would see cocktails like that every day. " Awesome. Thanks." she said with a happy voice and gave the drink to the guy.
Vera Waterline

Character sheet

Postby Jeram on June 13th, 2012, 6:17 am

Jeram kept his eyes on Vera as she had banged on the bar. It was a pretty interesting way to signal the bartender over, a little more violent that he would've expected from her. She never bothered to ask him what he wanted to drink but he didn't really care, he was still getting a free drink out of this and he wasn't really a very picky man. He was a little surprised that she was getting him a good drink because it didn't really seem like she had too much money to begin with. While he was waiting for his drink he just sat and listened about her small rant about bartenders.

Jeram was about to make a comment about bartenders but before he could Vera continued to ask him another question. "So...You seem like a great guy. Got yourself a girlfriend? he had heard her ask him at which he couldn't help but smirk. "Actually I don't have a girlfriend at the moment. It has actually been a pretty good while since I have been with a woman." he asnwered but before he went on the drink had arrived. It was indeed fancy and he couldn't wait to drink it. After he had taken the first sip he could feel the strength of the drink. Once his first drink was done he would put his right band on Vera's thigh casually while checking her out a little more with his misty blue eyes. "So where do you live in town?"
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets