Helping a friend(Tocky)

Iris goes to Tock's house to heal her

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Iris Timandre on July 19th, 2012, 6:12 am

57th of Summer, 512
Temper, that's the only word Iris could use to describe what Tock just showed her. The entire Infirmary got quiet, the doctor looked in the opposite direction. The poor healer felt bad, hurt on the inside. Tock actually yelled at her. That's the most anyone's ever raised their voice to Iris. The Konti placed her palm on her chest where Tock's finger jabbed. It hurt the Konti.

No longer able to hide her emotions the Konti's eyes became watery. And then a tear trailed down her right cheek. Followed by a second down her left. The Doctor felt bad for Iris. He walked up to her and asked "You should sit down, are you alright?" The Konti wasn't alright. She was feeling horrible.

She had been LIED to by Tock. Thinking she'd actually converted someone was a bad idea. The woodcarver showed utter disrespect for Rak'keli, and Iris both. This was the angriest Iris had gotten in a very long time. Probably the angriest she's EVER been. She stormed out of the room to find Tock. Taking step after angry step she finally arrived to see Tock had entered a room that belonged to a boy.

Iris' cold gaze shifted to the boy for a second. Pushing the desire to see what's wrong with him aside, Iris walked up to Tock who was still in the crutches. The Konti got right into Tock's face, she spoke. Not loud, she didn't yell. Only soft spoken words from a very highly disappointed Konti healer. "I honestly believed I converted you but I was wrong."

Being lied to was one of the worst things that could happen, in the Konti's opinion. "You lied. And to be completely honest. You're very lucky you aren't cursed. Calling Rak'keli a Goddess....Bitch? I'm starting to wonder which one of us is really bloomin' nuts. I'm hurt, Tock. I have respect for you, enough to tell you the truth about everything. Not spin a weave of lies about anything."

Tock thought she had the slightest clue on just how the healing powers worked. "And, Tock. My ability to heal is Goddess granted, at birth for me. Through a CONNECTION with Rak'keli, without her I can NOT use the power. If I were to say....let a child die in front of me that could result in me having these abilities taken by the Goddess. I didn't come into your cottage acting like I knew it all about your moving hand. I listened, and learned. You've done it forever. Just as I grew up studying religion and Medicine. You need to open your eyes, Tock."

Iris was too blinded by rage to really pay any attention to the boy who was in the room with Tock and herself.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Words: 71783
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 19th, 2012, 6:38 am

OOC :
Congratulations! You've helped me accomplish a Plotnotes goal... losing an argument! Cause you just seriously put Tock in her place!

Tock saw the tears start to trail down the Konti's face. Good. Good, she was angry, and she was GLAD she had hurt the other girl's feelings! That was what she deserved for what she had done!

She was ready to leave it at that, until Iris came rushing to catch up with her. She was right in the doorway to Mikey's room, and heard him arguing with the nurse, "I said, I BLOODY don't want to eat my PETCHING peas!" Tock smirked, quite proud of the boy. She had taught him that, and was glad he was using the language right. A boy needed to be able to speak his mind, after all...

Before she could go talk to him though, Iris was in her face. Tock was so close to punching the bitch, but she restrained herself and listened.

Listened to the girl say she had respect for Tock.

Listen to her say she was hurt, and always told the truth.

And then she really put Tock in her place, talking about how she had listened and learned, and tried to understand Tock's magic. But Tock hadn't done the same for her. She hadn't given her a chance, or sought the knowledge with an open mind. Tock frowned deep... she felt awful. She was here shouting about hating the Goddess and her magic like... like...

Like some kind of bloody Sunberthan.

She set her teeth and swallowed, uncertain what to do or say. Iris was right... Tock had been unreasonable. She was supposed to be a student, supposed to be learning about magic and stuff. But she had just jumped to conclusions, and not listened when Iris tried to explain how the healy magic worked. Tock had just assumed she knew better, when she knew nothing about the subject. What kind of scientist was she? She was supposed to study things, to observe and investigate, to learn everything she could. And instead she'd acted like some closed-minded fool, insulted her friend, insulted her Goddess (well, she didn't really feel bad about THAT part), and stubbornly held onto beliefs that had no basis in fact.

She felt pathetic.

But she also had too much pride to really admit it.

"Fine," she said gruffly, still feeling at least a little self-righteous. After all, Iris HAD still tricked her! "'Ow's 'bout ya teaches me, 'en, aye? Ya wants me fer ta listen an' learn, I's do 'at... but ain't today. I's got a sick kid ta visit..."

She'd lost an argument, something she couldn't remember ever happening before (usually because her stubbornness outlasted the other person's patience to continue arguing). She'd been wrong, and she knew that know.

But she'd be damned if she would say as much out loud...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Iris Timandre on July 20th, 2012, 3:30 am

57th of Summer, 512
OCC: :O! Omg Success.

Everything slowly calmed down. Iris' mind eased up. The entire room was filled with negative energy that slowly began to fade. The Konti reached her hands up to her head and rubbed her hair. Followed by pulling on her blond hair softly again. Tock said something about a sick kid, Iris became instantly interested.

Tock and Iris argued like they were best friends getting into a petty fight. And made up right after. "That sounds nice, Tock. I'll be happy to teach you. Maybe you'd be interested in learned some medical techniques too. I don't know." The Konti looked down to break eye contact.

Iris thought again and asked "What's wrong with the child?" Iris asked Tock. Taking a few steps back out of Tock's face the Konti listened up. Tock would go out of her way to see a specific child? He must have been special.

Being curious, that always got Iris Timandre. She wanted to know something about everything. And she wanted to heal the world. But she simply refused to accept that she had limits. It made her sad that she couldn't help every single person in need. But if she could help this child for Tock. Maybe she'd feel good again.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 20th, 2012, 3:59 am

Tock ignored any further comment on the offer to teach, for now. She didn't want to think about or talk about it right then. She wouldn't forget that she had offered, because Tock always kept her promises. Even if she HATED having to do so, she would see it through. But for now, she was too pissed off (mostly because she had to realize that she'd been wrong) to want to deal with it.

She piloted her crutches into the room, muttering under her breath to Iris, "'E's sick," her tone implying that this should have been OBVIOUS. Of course, she didn't actually know what was wrong with Mikey, and neither did the doctors here. He had caught an illness of some kind, a disease they didn't know the name of, and while they were treating the symptoms, they had no cure.

The day before, Tock had learned that Mikey's Uncle died. He had no one else left in the world, no parents, no family. No one but her. "Oy, Little Wizard," she said to him. He looked up at her weakly, eying the curious crutches. He'd seen her injured yesterday, but she hadn't had the crutches then.

"Hi, Sook," he said in a frail, timid voice. Tock unstrapped herself from her crutches and sat down on the bed next to him, on the opposite side of the nurse who was trying to get him to eat. The child was frail, with dark circles under his eyes, his skin tight against his ribs. He looked like he was withering away.

OOC :
Iris can try to heal Mikey, but his disease is unfortunately too strong for her capabilities...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Iris Timandre on July 20th, 2012, 5:44 am

57th of Summer, 512
Iris took a seat next to Mikey and examined his face. He didn't look good at all. She placed her palm on his chest, no effect. There wasn't a thing she could do to help the child. This wasn't the first time Iris was unable to help a patient. Standing up Iris frowned feeling bad about herself. She looked at Tock.

"I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about this one. Iris walked out of the room quickly. Refusing to be in the same room with a patient she failed. The Konti leaned against the wall telling herself she had to become more skilled.

Tock might not have knew it but Iris would be hurt mentally for days because of Mikey. Amaris Timandre did tell Iris that she wouldn't be able to help everyone. Those were wise words Iris was too ignorant to suck in, and she had the nerve to think of Tock as ignorant. The Konti crossed her arms and thought.

OCC: You can finish the thread off Tockie :3 My last post is small D:.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 20th, 2012, 5:53 am

Mikey watched the healer leave without any expression on his face. He was used to it by now. He knew he was dying, and seeing the sad look on his face broke Tock's poor little heart.

"'Ow's ya feelin'?" she asked him in a strained voice, tousling his hair. He looked weaker and weaker each day. "'Eard ya givin' 'is one lip," she said with a smirk, nodding towards the nurse. The woman handed Tock the tray of food and scowled at her.

"Have YOU been teaching him that language?" she demanded. "You should be a better influence on him! And YOU can make sure he eats his peas!"

The nurse stalked off, leaving Tock alone with her little friend. Mikey just watched the nurse leave and said, "What an ass..."

Tock snorted and said, "Bitch, sweetie. Men's're asses. She's a bitch."

"Oh," Mikey said innocently. He nodded and said, "What a bitch..."

Tock smiled proudly and hugged the boy. She didn't care what the nurse said... a boy needed to know how to tell people off like that. He couldn't just take attitude from anyone! And he didn't need any peas, either...

Tock set the bowl of peas aside and handed Mikey the rest of the food. "Screw 'ose damn veggies, aye?" she said with a grin. "Ya dun needs 'em... yer gonna be jus' fine..."

She watched him with haunted eyes. Jus' fine...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Helping a friend(Tocky)

Postby Echelon on July 25th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Adventurer's Loot

A Gift
Experience is its own reward.
Iris' Loot :
Iris Timandre

Skill XP Reward
Interrogation +2XP
Medicine +1XP
Socialization +1XP
Rhetoric +1XP

Lore:
Witnessing Animation at it's cutest
Duped Without Question
Relating to Your Patient
Talking Distracts From The Pain
Healing Beyond The Physical
True Friend
Endlessly Giving

Items or Consequences:
None

Notes:
Watch tense. Only need time stamp in the first post of the thread.
Instead of talking about religion, speaking of your "morality" might maintain the tone of Mizahar, and it's unique deities better.
Think about when Konti were made, work out your family line to make sense. If you have any questions you can PM me about it.
Ok Gnosi... Gnosi... Ok, it should work for you without worship. In fact you don't even have to like Rak'keli to use your Gnosis. That said, mental blocks, or a reluctance of will can interfere with Gnosis. So, as a clarification, the prayer here cleared your mind and let you focus. But, at no point did Rak'keli actually deny anybody healing. She just isn't that way. Healing is all the prayer she desires.
The Opal Order knows that Worship, that helpful to guide one's self, does not strengthen or overly please Rak'keli. All Rak'keli wants is for you to be a good little, mentally stable healer.

Minni's Loot :
Minerva Agatha Zipporah

Skill XP Reward
Subterfuge +2XP
Philosophy +1XP

Lore:
Hiding Violent Tendencies
Never stop Learning
Iris: Phobia of Failure
Playing The Obedient Nurse
Praying To Rak'keli
Cutting Insecurities
Called Out

Items or Consequences:
Faint scar - right thigh.

Notes: I do enjoy how you tie all of your posts together, relate them and recall them. It keeps things from seeming random or scattered, and seems... appropriate for Minni.

(Wonderful argument at the end. I do love a little bout. And damn if Mickey isn't sad! I thought the whole dispute of the thread was interesting. Thanks for sharing.) - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, please PM me.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous