[The Silver Sliver Tavern] A Evening Drink (Aurum)

Malice decides to have a drink in a new city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Malice on June 29th, 2012, 2:27 am

Timestamp: 27th day, Summer, 512AV, Dusk

Before going to the Tarsin Boarding house, Malice decides to drown his frustrations with cheap water down ale. When he makes it to the door of the Silver Sliver Tavern, he pushes open the the door and walks inside. Malice looked around tavern, notices that most of the chairs, and tables are taken inside the building main room. He looks over at the bar and all the seats are also taken. He frowns in frustration and takes off his helmet. He sees a barmaid walk by him, grabs her arm, and says, “Excuse me. Is there any tables open?” Startled by the sudden grab, she turns around, wrenches his arm away, and asks in a weary voice since he is wearing armor and weapons, “I.. think there is a table open on the patio by the fence.” Malice looks at the human woman and gives a slight nod and says, “Thank you, and sorry for startling you.” With that last comment, he makes his way through the crowded tavern to the patio doors. He opens the door and is hit by a soft cool breeze coming from the lake.

Once outside Malice looks around the patio for a empty table, it doesn't take him long to find a open table. A fellow patron gives he armed warrior a wide birth as Malice walks to his table. He takes off his shield, bow, helmet, and quiver, and sets them under the table. After, he get situated he leans back in his chair, and waits for a waitress to come by. While waiting with his back to the tavern, Malice watches the gondolas float by carrying passengers to where ever they needed to be. Ravok was a beautiful city surrounded by water on all sides. Malice enjoyed the change in scenery, it was much better than sandy Abnatep. He leans back in his chair and listens to the sounds of the city.

Malice takes off his gauntlets and tosses them under the table. Causing a loud crash as they hit the metal shield under the table. He smirks to himself as the noise scares a human couple, who seem to be lost in each others eyes. Malice never understood the reason for the human need to ridiculously to over-dramatize their mating ritual. Zith are a mating rituals are quick and straight to the point. Males fight over the female. Victor wins the right to mate with said female. Both male and female are satisfied, and go on their merry way. The human male looks over at him with a scowl on his face, but Malice meets his scowl with a grin and tapping loudly his clawed finger nail on the table table top. The human turns his head back to his female and starts whispering to her. Malice bored with them turns his head back to the canal and waits for the waitress.
Malice
Player

Words: 7802
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2012, 4:24 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Aurum on June 30th, 2012, 3:44 pm

The Hunter was starving, she didn't have a meal for hours and she was hunting. She dived and circled do acrobatics in the air screeking the whole time. It was fun to be a hunter.  Now she was even more hungry so she got down to business. She was close to the docks, and even though she wasn't an osprey, she was in the mood for fish. She winged her way over buildings and around corners until she was met with a stream of humid air. She followed the stream of air till she hit the lake. Large boats, powered by humans pushing the muddy bottom with a large stick, moved gracefully through the water. The water was an orange and shined as the edge of sun dipped slowly behind the horizan. There was a glint of silver and that's all it took. The Hunter dived to the water and grabbed the fish pulling it into the air. As it gasped for air, the Hunter's claws pierced it's heart and the fish was still. Now all she needed was a place to eat. She was feeling devilish today. She spotted a human couple lost in each others eyes and decided to have some fun. She landed on the rail right in front of them and began to eat. Some fish blood landed on their table and the woman shreiked. The couple got up and left after the Hunter screamed at them when the man tried to shoo her away. When she was done with the fish, there was a flash and Aurum flopped backward and dived into the lake. When her head popped up she began to laugh.

"The look on their faces were priceless."

She looked up to see if anyone was around. She saw a man with claws looking at her. "You there, claw guy, do you happen to have a cloak I can borrow? I forgot my dress in an alleyway." She smiled up at him.
Aurum
Player

Words: 12023
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Malice on July 2nd, 2012, 1:08 am

When the eagle lands and starts eating the fish on the human's couple's table, Malice couldn't help hold his laughter at uptight couple. As they are leaving the patio, the man shoots him a angry glance, and he hurries the startled woman though the doors. The curious thing about this eagle is after the man started to shoo it away. It did a back flips into the water. Something Malice never seen a eagle do before now. He was going to go back to his business when he heard a woman calling up to him from the water. Malice looks over the railing into the water and sees the head of black hair human woman wading in the water. He gives her a amused grin and says to the attractive woman, “One minute let me take a look in my back pack.”

As Malice is looking through his back pack for his cloak, Malice is amused at the thought of a woman actually swooping down from the sky. She must be one of those shape shifters. He heard so many stories about. People who can morph into animals. He finds the cloak and holds it over the railing for her. He looks at the dark haired woman and says with a playful grin, “I will only give you the cloak on one condition.” He pauses it just to see the reaction on her face and continue says with a grin, “Only if you have a drink with me.” Tonight, Malice decides to be generous and offers a hand to help her over the railing. He turns his head to give her some privacy as she puts the cloak around her. He says to without looking at her, “Hello my name is Malice Ravenmoon.”
Malice
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aurum on July 4th, 2012, 12:30 am

"Aurum, the Kelvic, who just happens to be a slave. Thanks by the way." She grabbed the cloak and threw it around her dripping body. "And I'd love a drink, but I have no mizas so your paying. She smiled. She pulled herself over the railing and pulled a chair over to Malice's table. She leaned back and streched out her legs. "Other people strech and it's nice and all but the best strech, is shifting from eagle to human. It pulls all the vertabre in my back. It feels great." She looked around the porch and waved a barmaid over, ordering a mug of ale and some bread. "lightly toasted. Fish and bread go great together." She directed the last remark towards Malice. Soon she was munching and drinking away. She sighed happily, remarking how good the food was.

"So, your not from around here I would think. I would have seen you before. You are very shiny with all the armor. Where you from, Malice?"

She glanced around absant mindedly. The sun was almost gone and the water was darkening to a deep midnight blue. Soon, the barmaid went around lighting torches that hung on the railing and gandalas lit lanturns on their boats, waiting drowsly for midnight riders. The moon shone down to the water and glinted off the surface. A few water fowl swam to a far away bank and settled down into their nests, ducking their heads into their wings. She looked at Malice drinking ale and wondered once again what it was like to be free. She shook the thought from head and waited for an answer.
Aurum
Player

Character sheet

Postby Malice on July 4th, 2012, 4:10 am

As Aurum makes herself at home at his table, Malice glances with a amuse look on his face at the kelvic woman who has already starts to order food. He sits down at the table and glances up at the barmaid and says with a nod to the waitress, “Bring the lady whatever she wants, and for me I will order the bread, fish, pitcher of ale, and cup for me.” Malice raises a eyebrow at how Aurum is devouring her food and her drink. He is starting to wonder how long has it been sense she has eaten last. As the waitress leaves to get his order, Malice decides responds to her question, “My home colony is Din, but I consider home to be the ruins of Xy around the southern edge of Sylira.” He leans back in his chair, folding his clawed hands in his lap, and continues introducing himself, “I was a mercenary from Ahnatep, but I got sick of sand and came north to start a new.”

Moments later the waitress comes back with the food, a mug, and pitcher of ale. Malice picks up the pitcher and tops off Aurum mug before pouring his own. He sets the pitcher down, breaks his bread, and says bluntly, “I am surprised your master let you fly so freely around the city Aurum. Is he or she worried about you flying off to freedom?” He looks at her with his red eyes and asks with amused grin, “Or does your master not know of your evening excursions into the city if this is the case Aurum your secret is safe with me.”

Malice takes a drink of his ale and looks over the slave woman. Malice has no issue with slavery since slaves are a vital part of Zith society, but he can tell this kelvic woman was never meant for the life as a slave. Malice can see it in her eyes as she watches the canals. Malice puts a piece of fish on his a piece bread, and bluntly asks the woman, “So what is like being able to fly Aurum? My mother says it is her number one thing do other than sex. Since I wasn't born with wings, I will never experience flying myself.” Malice not caring how crude he sounded at that moment takes a bite out of his fish and bread. He thanks her for the suggestion, “This fish and bread is quite tasty. Good suggestion Aurum.”
Malice
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aurum on July 6th, 2012, 10:38 pm

The sun finally set and the stars were beginning to shine. The water was a deep blue, so dark it was almost black. Aurum turned and studied Malice, unsure how to reply to the question, so she decided to stall by repling to his comment first.

"Your welcome. I perfer fresh fish though. Must be instinct. Hmmm, what is it like to fly? It gives you a freedom that grounded creatures just cant compare to. I can cross town in haft the time it would take me walking when I fly. The wind in my face feels delicous as a fresh caught rabbit. I guess you wouldn't really know how a raw rabbit tastes, but believe me, its delisious. I haven't really comapred it to sex. It would be interesting to try though." She winked at him. "So, obviously your a haft bred and you say your mother can fly so she's a Zith. WHat race was your father?"

Her parents had been her mother as a wolf kelvic and her master, a human. One night things just fell into place and she was born. Her mother's master was thrilled and sold her off as soon as she was weaned, which was very quick. The man, she had heard, then took all of his slaves to his bed, dispite his wife's anger at the fact that slaves were having more time in bed then she, and became very rich. Her mother had seven more children, then died in child birth with the 8th. All were human, but still brought the man 100 GM each, for they were all beautiful females. Aurum shook the thoughts form her head and looked at Malice awaiting an answer.
Aurum
Player

Character sheet