After The Hunt

Nate and Sheva have a well earned rest after a hunt.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

After The Hunt

Postby Sheva on July 7th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Sheva half smiled at Nate's first question about the trap.
"Sort of, it triggered a bit early because I drew the glyphs in the ground and the rabbit disrupted them. Also I used too much fire." she said, happy that she had learned something from the experiment.
Sheva laughed along with Nate's chuckle, thinking back to her experiences with fire in animal form.
"Well let me just say fire is much brighter when your an animal, almost blinding in the dark. But it's more what other wild non-kelvic cats have told me. They definitely don't like fire." she said allowing herself another laugh.

Nate had decided to stay and she was glad, no...she was ecstatic. It wasn't often that she had company at night in the wilderness, although it wasn't exactly 'the wilderness'. She shot him a soft smile as the fire began to come to life. She listened to his recollection of Syliras, he was only nine? Sheva paused for a moment imagining an adorable nine year-old Nate running around, another smile crossing her face.
"Oh I just heard it's an amazing sight and would like to see it for myself. I'm just curious I guess, but you know what they say about curiosity and the cat." she laughed a bit at her joke, the light cast by the fire dancing across her face.
"What about you, any places you'd like to see?" she asked as she placed the rabbit over the fire before taking a seat on the cold ground.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Words: 66994
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After The Hunt

Postby Nate Frostfawn on July 8th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Nate stared into the fire for a moment. He wondered what it felt like to know that you could create something so beautiful, yet so dangerous on a whim. He had asked his friend what it felt like to use reimancy, but the description just didn't seem to live up to what Nate had always thought. He guessed it was probably something you had to feel yourself to understand.

He glanced at Sheva and smiled. "From what I can remember it was amazing. Then again, kids always have over-active imaginations." His smile stretched a little wider and he laughed. "I do indeed. Is that why you have so many lives?" He chuckled again and then shrugged, watching her as she started to cook the rabbit properly.

"I've never really thought about it. I don't really know of many places outside of Avanthal and Syliras.." He paused for a moment, trying to collect some memories from the traders caravans he had travelled with. "Some traders I met once spoke of a place high up in the mountains. All the people there have red hair and they make beautiful glass. And apparently there are giant eagles that can carry them around. I think it's called Wind Reach or something."

He frowned. "It sounds kinda hard to get to though, and I have no idea where it is either. They also said some things about Lhavit; that's where they were going after they came here. It's meant to be beautiful, all made of glass and stuff. The City of Stars is what they kept calling it." He smiled and looked at Sheva again. "Pretty neat right? What about you? Is there anywhere besides Syliras you want to go?"

ooc :
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've been a bit ill and then yesterday there was a bit of a disaster in my town!
Nate Frostfawn
Player

Words: 49409
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2012, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

After The Hunt

Postby Sheva on July 9th, 2012, 12:14 am

Sheva couldn't help but laugh at Nate's reply, his willingness to make jokes at anytime was something the kelvic hadn't experienced much in her past. These past few weeks in Avanthal were quickly becoming the least lonely days of her life. She hoped that things would only get better from here on but, the curse always loomed just beneath the moments of happiness.

Nate mentioned a place where people were red-headed and flew on giant eagles, Wind Reach. Sheva had heard of it before but not enough to actually know anything about it. The second city, Lhavit she had never heard of, 'The City Of The Stars'...it sounded amazing. A small spark of curiosity flared inside Sheva, she would definitely have to add Lhavit to the list.

Sheva thought for a while on Nate's question, where else would she like to go? Everywhere! She wanted to explore the world, adventure and enjoy her life, not just survive as she had been doing most of her life. "Both those places sound amazing, I definitely want to see them aswel. Infact, I want to see everything, to adventure and explore the world. Childish I know, but still...a life fueled by curiosity doesn't sound too bad." Sheva had answered the question as best she could, now playing with a small strand of her white hair. She scooted closer to the fire, the young kelvic now pulling her leg toward her as she stared into the fire before turning her gaze to Nate.

He was looking deeply into the fire, lost in thought perhaps. The light cast by the flames danced across his face reflected in those deep sea-foam green eyes. As she stared at him observing the young man who had arguably played the biggest roll in her new found happiness something began to spark inside her.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After The Hunt

Postby Nate Frostfawn on July 9th, 2012, 9:29 am

Nate saw the girls eyes light up when he told her about Lhavit. If he ever ventured out there he would have to remember to invite her along. Of course, he would have to actually find out where it was first. All he knew was that it was south. But then again, everything was south of Avanthal.

He returned his gaze to the fire as Sheva started to talk, answering the question he'd asked. A smile twitched at the corner of his mouth. He seemed to recall saying similar things when he was a lot younger. "It's not childish." He was still looking at the fire. "There's nothing wrong with wanting to see the world. What's the fun in being stuck in the same town 'till you die?"

Nate always used to think about a life spent travelling, especially during the years after he had returned from Syliras. The stories that had been told by the travelling traders had fascinated him to no end and he still hoped to one day see the places they had described. He loved Avanthal, it was his home, but there were some things he wanted to be away from all the same.

Nate's eyes were starting to attain a sort of glassy look, indicating that his thoughts were running away with him. He blinked rather suddenly, snapping out of it. It was about then he realised that Sheva had been watching him, and he met her gaze curiously. "What?" One eyebrow raised the tiniest bit. "Are you alright?" He noticed that she had moved closer to the fire too. "Are you cold? We can go back if you want to."
Nate Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

After The Hunt

Postby Sheva on July 9th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Sheva was glad he understood her need to see the world, and he made a good point. Who wanted to stay in one place forever. The rabbit was finally finished, Sheva had made sure to let it cook properly, normally she would have just eaten it raw but she had to cater for Nate's tastes too.

She herself had been lost in thought as she stared at him, her eyes analyzing his face, his eyes, his lips. Clearly he had noticed her gaze on him and he turned his own toward her, their eyes met for a short second and Sheva couldn't stop herself from quickly shying away, a small blush appearing although probably not visible in the fire light. "Oh, no I'm okay, sorry I didn't mean to stare." she was clearly embarrassed at being caught but there was nothing she could do now. She took the rabbit off the fire and prepared it as best she could for eating, now shifting closer to Nate with their well earned meal. She ripped one of the legs off of the rabbit and took a bite, only now realizing that she had been starving. The rabbit wasn't too bad if she did say so herself.

She swallowed and took another bite while gazing into the fire now and then as she ripped pieces of flesh off with her teeth, trying to avoid another awkward eye contact with the Vantha. "You know one day I might just up and leave without so much as a second thought, it wouldn't be too difficult. Although I wouldn't leave without saying goodbye to you first, I promise. Unless...you decide join me ofcourse." she said with a smile both teasing and yet sincere. She may have thought it would be that easy to leave, but at the same time she dreaded the thought of leaving Nate. He was basically her only friend! If you could even call them that.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After The Hunt

Postby Nate Frostfawn on July 9th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Nate gave her a smile and a small shrug. He watched as Sheva retrieved the rabbit from where it sat over the flames. He didn't realise how hungry he was until she moved to sit next to him, and he reached out to take what was offered. He bit into the rabbit, slightly surprised at how good it tasted. "Hey not bad!"

Nate ate quickly, finishing his piece in about three bites before putting the bones into his bag for Ashca. Nate leaned forwards, crossing his legs and placing his elbows on his knees. He glanced curiously at Sheva, noticing her small smile.

"You would really do that? Just go?" Nate paused. "Won't you miss anybody?" He had thought about getting out a few times, but he always changed his mind again. He could never bring himself to leave his mother; after all Nate was all she had. His mind caught up with his ears and he released she had said more.
"Well...that depends. I mean, I have thought about leaving before but..." He trailed of and shrugged. "Where would you go? Syliras?"
Nate Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

After The Hunt

Postby Sheva on July 9th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Sheva beamed at Nate at his compliment on the rabbit, she was glad he found it edible. "Thanx" she said as she finished her own meal. She reached over to her bag and pulled out her waterskin taking a swig before offering it Nate. He was now sitting cross-legged looking at her curiously, the two were barely a few feet apart, she mimicked his position and tried to return his gaze but her sky-blue eyes kept finding the fire after meeting with his sea-foam ones. What a contrast they were, hers the color of the skies above and his the color of the seas below.

A small smile remained on her face, barely faltering now and then. He seemed to be intrigued by her ability to just leave whenever she wanted. "Yes I would..." she paused before answering his second question, she would ofcourse miss him but she definitely wasn't going to tell him that. "I don't really have anybody." she looked at the ground as she spoke as the realization that she was alone came crashing over her yet again, but recovered by displaying a small smile.

She thought for a while, where would she go? That was a good question. She knew she wanted to see Syliras, Lhavit and one other place specifically. "Well...I guess I would try to take the path that allows me to see as much of the world as possible. Syliras and Lhavit are definitely on the list. Also I've heard of stories of enormous tigers three times larger than me in Falyndar, " Sheva tried to imagine a tiger that large, she herself was almost large enough to look a tall man in the eye, but those tigers were said to be the size of mammoths, she had to see them, to determine whether it was fact or myth.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After The Hunt

Postby Nate Frostfawn on July 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Nate took a gulp of water from the offered skein before setting it down in the snow between them. When she spoke, he was watching her this time, not staring into the fire. His brows pulled together as he saw her look down, clearly upset about something. "I don't really have anybody." Nate silently cursed himself. "I'm sorry...I forgot..." He saw her smile, but said it all the same.

"Tigers bigger than you? You mean like the dire wolves and bears we get here?" Nate couldn't imagine a cat so big. He didn't really want to either. "I think you're on your own with that one! I'd rather not become an afternoon snack for a giant cat." His eyes flicked back to the fire for a moment.

What would happen if he just left? Nothing, probably. Sure he'd miss his mother, but it wasn't like he could never see her again. A few moments passed with him sitting in silence and a frown on his face. He sat up straight and looked back at the kelvic.
"You know what...if you do decide to leave, don't say goodbye to me. Tell me a few days before so that I have time to pack my stuff alright?"
Nate Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

After The Hunt

Postby Sheva on July 9th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Sheva let out a small giggle at Nate's reaction to the idea of dire tigers, it was unferstandable. Maybe he was right, these tigers certainly sounded dangerous but her curiousity was winning this inner argument. "Well maybe your right about the tigers, they do sound especially menacing." she said both teasingly and honest.

Nate's gaze went to the fire, seemingly lost in thought. In thought of what she wondered. She stared at him curiously, tilting her head slightly as she watched him think. What came next she would never have expected. He wanted to go with her, to adventure together. Sheva could barely contain her excitement at the idea, her face going from a state of shock to happiness.

She lunged forwards wrapping her arms tightly around Nate's neck as she embraced him. After a few seconds she realized she was probably over stepping some boundary involving personal space and pulled away rather suddenly. She looked down embarrassed as she spoke "I'm sorry, it's just I've never had someone to travel with, it's always just been me. " she pulled a strand of her behind her hair as she spoke, still a smile on her face.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After The Hunt

Postby Nate Frostfawn on July 9th, 2012, 9:07 pm

He smiled and shook his head bemusement. If she wanted to go and find giant tigers, he wasn't going to stop her, but he sure as hell wasn't going to go with her.

He had continued to watch her, registering the shock on her face. He wasn't sure why she was so surprised, it wasn't as if she was bad company. As the shock changed to happiness, a smile spread over his own face. However, he was in no way prepared for the girl to launch herself at him.

Nate flung an arm out behind him to stop the pair crashing to the snows. When Sheva pulled away, she would see the startled gleam in the boys eyes thought it contrasted the grin that quirked at the corner of his mouth.
"Aha, well..." Nate rubbed at the back of his neck distractedly. "It doesn't have to be just you anymore. I mean, unless you're like, leaving tomorrow." He looked sheepish, afraid he was back-pedalling a little. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave just yet."

He had made the conscious decision to go sure, but he still didn't like the idea of just walking away from everything. "I've never been anywhere without my mother before." He laughed at that and shook his head. "That's going to be an interesting conversation..."
ooc :
Sorry if my posts are a bit rubbish at the moment, I'm running a fever. Should probably be sleeping but Miz is keeping me sane!
Nate Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext