Fresh Starts with Old Gods (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on July 10th, 2012, 5:41 am

3rd day of Summer, 512 AV

Fela stood just inside the door to her shack and took in the beauty before her. It had been a long time since she had been able to simply appreciate the landscape of Alvadas and enjoy a moment in life. The last few seasons had been harsh ones, and lonely ones. She sighed deeply at the thought of the rough, strange, and brief encounter the summer before with the most tortured soul she had ever met. She could still remember the darkness of his eyes, the insanity that lived there and the shiver it sent down her spine.

They shared a kiss, an embrace, and parted ways. Every day she searched for him and every day she came home alone. Her lips held a trace of a bitter smile as she took the final step out of her shack and closed the door behind her.

Today...today is the day I move on. Her voice trembled but she was determined to start fresh. She cast her eyes skyward, you better not move my house today you bastard. She chuckled at her own silent thought.

You hear me Ionu? Today of all days you better leave it just where it is. Her smile turned more genuine and she swore she could hear a chuckle flit past her ears.

Moving one foot in front of the other she made her way towards the center of the city, she had no idea what she was looking for - but none of it matters. The only thing that mattered was that what ever she ran across, it would be something new.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nas on July 10th, 2012, 3:09 pm

The nuit had arrived in the city and settled in he was a bit bored it would be some time before meeting anyone he knew so he was walking around the streets
wearing his cloak and hiding his face with the hood and a mask he had his sword beneath it.

He planned on going to the temple he hadnt see it in a long long time.
He stoped a moment as a thought entered his mind I wonder if any of my friends are still alive or kicked the dust he dint want to know it was propably better perhaps he should do something else.

oocSorry its very short
Bold letters i speak Italics i think Pavi.
Current body:Human 6'5 tall All limbs intact.
Nas
Player

Words: 23205
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2012, 1:04 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Fela Meason on July 10th, 2012, 9:33 pm

The temper of Ionu loomed up ahead and Fela felt a small pang of guilt. She often thought of the god, often cursed him, spoke to him, prayed to him - but she never paid her respects or honored him in the temple. Strange desire for a Kelvic, then again her relationship with the god was anything but normal.

Fela scrunched her nose as a gust went by blowing snow into her face. She sputtered and cleared it off with a grumble.
I left all this behind she thought to herself and continued on her way completely missing the patch of ice in her path.

Loosing her footing the cat went down in a long string of curses and limb flailing. Pain shot through her body and rendered her momentary stunned. She stared up into the sky and let the sun warm her face. No matter how long she lived there she would never fully be used to the insanity of Alvadas it seemed.

From her position on the ground she scanned the nearby crowd and inhaled deeply, mostly human but the musky scent of snake put her on edge. No matter how many times she caught that scent it always put her on edge,
when in the world did so many Dhani find there way here? In this weather none the less?

Fela pulled herself into a seated position and prepared to stand when a new scent caught her attention, the smell of death. She swallowed visibly and scanned the surrounding area for any sign of where it may be coming from, the scent was faint yet lingering. Her eyes narrowed on a stranger standing by the temple, their face hidden by a cowl and bundled up in cloak - which despite the snow was odd considering the temperature in the city was still only a touch below boiling.

She slowly raised onto her feet, never taking her eyes off the stranger.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nas on July 11th, 2012, 5:39 am

Nas thought about it well i guess i should be moving to the temple either way walking he noticed as he entered a small gust of snow.
Snow? one of Ionus tricks heh how fun well here i am by the temple hm i might enter later dont wanna do something stupid like in the docks of Sylliras again he almost shudered he had made a mess there and almost lost his informant.

He decided not to enter the temple after he looked a bit around he turned to leave walking on a slow pace he was in thought what to do to pass time oh well i guess i should look around a bit if i find anything interesting and if not i can always go to the underground with this in mind he picked up his pace and passed throught the streets looking for any building perhaps he would find the library or something.
Nas
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Fela Meason on July 12th, 2012, 3:07 am

Fela cocked her head to the side as she observed the stranger. He seemed to contemplate entering the temple as he paused near the entrance. She took the opportunity to duck into the shadows and inch her way closer to him as he started moving again.

Cursing silently as the stranger increased his, well she assumed it was a he, pace along the street she quickened her own pace before the stranger could move out of view.

Fela scanned her eyes along the stranger's body trying to look for more clues.
Come on...reveal yourself, she muttered to herself as she searched for any sign as to who or what this being was.

Seeing unfamiliar faces was nothing new in the city of illusions. Many were drawn here either by devotion to Ionu or the promise of the strange and novel. Wizards seem to flock like flies to the dead for what ever reason. Fela fought against her curiosity, torn between being bored with this new game and wondering more and more about why he was so bundled up in this heat wave.

She snicked at her own internal monologue as she tried to rationalize her actions. Oddities and strangeness was nothing new to her or the city, so why this particular...being...had caught her attention she did not know.

Her eyes flicked briefly to the side of the street and she attempted to gain her bearings within the shifting city.
Aha...Her eyes settled on the large wooden doors of the Sunken Conundrum and her mouth twisted into a grin. Taking a deep breath she quickened her pace until she was blocking the stranger's path.

She widened her eyes in feigned ignorance,
Sir? She paused and looked around nervously. I'm so sorry to disturb you, but I am new to these parts and I was wondering if you would know the way to the local library? She moved her head forward in hopes of catching a glimpse underneath his hood.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nas on July 12th, 2012, 7:34 am

Nas had increased his pace althought it wasnt the fastest one for a nuit.He dint have to breath nor his hearth beated thus he could just move as long need be around the city. Just like a puppet was the thought that came into mind.

Moving throught the streets for a whille he noticed he had finally reached the Sunken Conundrum when he noticed someone got in front of him.Sir? Nas looked at her a female human not very tall. Was she following him? but before he could speak or finish his thought she spoke again eyeing him.
I'm so sorry to disturb you, but I am new to these parts and I was wondering if you would know the way to the local library?.
If he was alive he would have sighed he forced a small smile under his mask and replied to her question "Exactly behind you if you are new you should had gone throught the Sanity center they usually advice tourists visiting the city on how to find each thing with less chances of getting lost."
He waited ,for her reply althought something seemed off in this situation was she an enemy?, if so he might have to do something drastic but maybe he was just getting paranoid.Still he observed carefully the woman, for signs that would give her away in such case.

ooctried some more Punctuation i apologize if its weird because of this
Nas
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes