Joys of the Night [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Joys of the Night [OPEN]

Postby Forlatt on July 14th, 2012, 1:50 pm

11th Summer 512

Ah, how I enjoy this city. Big buildings, lots of water and… apples. Shiny, delicious, red goddesses. Right for the taking. I never understood why the people of Ravok where constantly complaining about their money, lost lovers or sore throats when they could simply sit quietly at the bay, enjoying the glorious, calm sound of the lake and those tiny, refreshing, red parts of heaven.

Life is so easy. When you’re hungry, you grab some food. When you’re soaked, you lay down in the grass to have your clothes dry. When you need money, you “trade”. When you get caught, you run. When you want pretty Mary, you seduce her with sweet words and vicious ale. Really, why would a free man search for more power if he already has all the riches, but not a care in the world?
Beats me.

And so the day passed by, as I lay there, lingering over the simplicity of life.
I thought about how earlier today the people on the Docks laughed hysterically when a salesman hit me right on the back of my head, making me lose my balance and tumble into the cold water that surrounds this city. The jokes on them though, since my pockets were already filled.
Tomorrow it’ll be a faceless tavern story, told by loud drunkards and their silly drinking buddies. Some smart-ass will most probably attach some twisted moral to it as well. “Those who steal will swim with the fishies”, or other utter nonsense.
Empty sayings for the empty headed.

Slowly the sun and it’s warmth disappeared. Nighttime, funtime. The thought of taverns and drunkards made me thirsty so I stood up to re-enter the city.
My shoes were still a bit soaked, but I could only chuckle at the squeezing sound they made.
“Onwards it is, my loyal friends! We will squeeze our way towards the joys of the night!”
Last edited by Forlatt on August 15th, 2012, 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Forlatt
Player

Words: 4942
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 10:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Joys of the Night [OPEN]

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 15th, 2012, 12:14 am

OOC :
Just a heads up, we're gonna need a time stamp :) Also, Vondra's blind.

After hearing the exuberant cry Vondra’s head snapped away from her current task, which was mostly scoping the area for some practice cliental. That and trying to engage in witty conversation with the young couple in front of her but they did not seem receptive, she could hear the pooryl disgust and near sneering at every word. She was beginning to find her patience thinning at her effort being wasted and was contemplating casually hip checking them off the docks.

Instead she settled for a gracious smile and a soft goodbye before gviing a wave to no one in particular. It was a signal for a young lady she was paying to guide her around the docks, not really familiar territory for her. She felt grubby fingers on her arm and a soft tug.

"To that voice!" A chuckle was all she recieved as they glided over to where the voice had emerged from. In her head she carefully counted the steps, idly keeping her mind on her footsteps to make sure she did not step to wide and strut in an undignified manner. Feeling her guide slow she whispered softly, "Push me in the right direction."

"Mum I think he's a bum."

"He's practice and I'm sure it will be fun anways" she persisted, she heard a sigh but her guide made no other comment, gently ushering her towards the man. Feeling the heat of another close, the skidded to a halt not as gracefully as she would have like and spoke cautiously “And what joys of the night are you searching for?”

It was not hard to guess her meaning in the words or the way she curved her body closer to his, not forcefully but just enough that he might agree to take her arm if he so desired. Actually she hoped he would because she wasn't even sure what direction the were walking in. Giving him a coy wink in what she assumed was the direction of his face she gestured to the side of her.
“Shall we?"
Last edited by Vondra Valencia on July 30th, 2012, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Notice: Hey all, apologies for any delay's, my computer freezes a lot but posting shouldn't take any longer than a week!
Vondra Valencia
Player

Words: 39439
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2012, 11:21 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Joys of the Night [OPEN]

Postby Forlatt on July 26th, 2012, 9:06 am

Being all caught up in the squeezing condition of my shoes, two lady’s managed to catch me off guard. Some Eypharian-esque chick, nearly my age. And a rather fair, but bored looking one; who’s age I didn’t dare to guess. The first damsel appeared to be blind and carefully guided around by the second one. A sight that softens the heart and lifts one's spirit. Their presence made me feel a bit uncomfortable at first, since I am not used to being caught off my guard, but after some examination I figured out these two might be just what I needed.
Oh, but where to go? People do ask me to guide them on a little adventurous quest once in a while, but where does one take such an extraordinary couple? Surely not the Red Rat, for those scummy scumbags will rob them blind (oh, how hilarious I am). Perhaps I should take them to Malfasar’s Beer Hut? Listen to some of their stories, drink cheap ale, smoke some of Malfasar’s premium tobacco, trade a little bit with that grizzly old man and then hit the streets again. An enjoyable interlude for another night in Ravok.
“What joys of the night you say?”

How about an ale or some rum?
Or whatever fancies my ladies tongue.
Perhaps some love from a Tom, or a Nick?
Or sweet Mary- Jane, if that’s what you dig.

The scent of tobacco? The laughter of drunk?
Fearless dancing and the fighting of punks?
An haunting story or sweet little poem?
So, how about that ale or some rum?

And thus I took her by the arm.
Forlatt
Player

Character sheet

Joys of the Night [OPEN]

Postby Vondra Valencia on July 31st, 2012, 2:36 am

This man seemed to readily accept company and Vondra felt a surge of triumph. Of course, usually it was not so easy on practice runs. Those who came to a house new what they came for but her mama insisted the best could create an illusion, hence her practice. Not that she did not enjoy it, it was great fun but she really did hate being rejected.

But her competition for the day seemed keen on going as well, if the slight snicker was anything to go by. Ignoring other woman Vondra made herself comfortable leaning on the other and listening to his little song with great amusement.

“Then we can got to a tavern!” she spoke cheerily, “But first, I should know your name. Mine is Vondra.”

Walking a bit faster to speed up their travel she tried to remember precisely where they were, it would tell her what tavern they would be at and at the very least she could possibly get home by herself. Or she could invite the nice feeling stranger to stay take her home and then he could stay…

Vondra tugged the man a bit impatiently, ready to do just as his little song said and just wanting to something, sitting still was not her forte. But she heard the other woman strike up a conversation with him and immediately butted in. A wide smile on her face, “Have you live here long or are you new?”

Though she was pleased to hear more noise ahead of them, assuming they must be close to the tavern or the market. Those were the only places she ever heard sound like this.

Notice: Hey all, apologies for any delay's, my computer freezes a lot but posting shouldn't take any longer than a week!
Vondra Valencia
Player

Words: 39439
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2012, 11:21 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Joys of the Night [OPEN]

Postby Forlatt on August 15th, 2012, 5:29 pm

“Dearest Vondra, you can call me Bryan. And who is your friend? Oh, careful now. Sometimes these docks can be quite slippery. Just a few more steps and we’ll be at the city’s gate. The good ol’ Beershack it’ll be. Refreshing ale and rather smashing tobacco. ”
Carefully I guided them across the docks and towards the city gate. Malfasar’s Beer Hut always seemed to be a proper place for small talk and simple enjoyment. We wouldn’t be bugged there and perhaps we could even come to an agreement.
As soon as I opened the little shacks door it’s warmth and pleasurable sound overwhelmed me; for a moment I felt comfortably at peace with just standing there and observing all around me.
I let the ladies enter and closed the door firmly. “There’s no place for the cold, dark night in between these walls.”

“Sandra! Can you get me three ales? And by the way, that sweater looks marvelous on you. Haha, no, no I haven’t been drinking yet.” We sat down and the sound of three ales, knocking on the wooden table in perfect symmetry, entertained me. “When we were walking down here you asked me if I was new. And yes I am, somewhat. I’ve been in Ravok before a couple of years ago, but have only returned this season for business and entertainment. How about the two of you?”
As they told me their stories my eyes turned away just a little bit to the left. There he was, as always, at the left end of the bar. Bluntly, sipping his ale. Eyes firmly fixed on the front door and hands around his cotton bag; waiting for her to come in. He poor lad doesn’t know I know and is therefore perfectly relaxed near my company. Silly boy. Tonight you and I will have a splendid, silent finale. You will not know what happened to your before the morning sun colors Ravok’s waters and I will be long gone by then. Yes, it’ll be an exciting game of chess in which you are now at a losing end, for I have these two pretty, female pawns up my sleeves. It is only a matter of skill and time to place them in the right position and our silly game will be over.
Hopefully.

I looked back at my companions, knewing I had to play open card with these two girls. After all, I am a gentleman and it is not fair to simply use the other gender. To falsely trick them, while all they’ve been is kind and enjoyable company. That, and the fact that the young lad wasn’t that much of a pretty sight or gentle chat. Naturally setting up a little romance between him and one of my adorable companions, either blind or not, probably wasn’t going to happen.
“Ladies, we have had a wonderful evening so far, but I’m afraid I must ask you for a favor. Whether you’d like to join in or not is all up to you. No hard feelings whatsoever. But I think you two can help me out just perfectly. Have no worries, there will be a most entertaining reward.
You see, one of my wealthiest clients asked me for a particular object a little while ago. We were sitting in this same pub, discussing the matter and coming to a extraordinary pleasant agreement. During our little chitchat a young man, who I now plead guilty of overhearing us, stood up and left the ol’ shack. When later that night I arrived at the whereabouts of this particular object I found it to be no longer there. It had already been taken with, I must say, bold yet courageous effort. This little event happened four days ago and I blame one of these lads around us for sabotaging my business. You see, after all this happened the same person who left during my business agreement kept returning here, waiting for my client to show up and hoping to sell the object.
Sadly for him, the client doesn’t normally appear in places like this. Which leaves him on a wooden bar stool, passionately waiting for a deal that will never happen.
Long story short: I want what was supposed to be my client’s. There’s not much I ask of you. I would only want our friend to sit with us and get distracted by your amazing personalities. I’ll do the rest.
After that we’ll leave, share the loot and life happily ever after.”

I looked both in the eyes, smilingly and took a sip of my ale.
Forlatt
Player

Character sheet