(Flashback) Lets see whats around the bend (Rand)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Sylirasen on April 30th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Summer Year 506 AV

Sylir was ready to get out of town. The last semester had been torment on him as he had gone from one class to another. He had hopes though with the arrival of summer he would be able to get out of town for a while.

He had hopes to be able to find someone to travel with so he had stopped off at the tavern to see if there was anyone interested in traveling. His hair was cut short at the time, but still as blond as sunrise. He was young and handsome but he was skinny at the time, but he had been into the tavern enought that his visiting wasn't new and no one really blinked an eye at his arrival. He stepped in and looked around to see if there was anyone around of interest.
Sylirasen
Player

Words: 2792
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rand on April 30th, 2010, 11:20 pm

The day was bright as Rand finished unloading the fish off of the ship. The young Rand was in good shape, his tanned and toned body worked hard to unload the fish. His body worked and strained in the sun, the smell of fish was strong on him as he moved back and forth across the deck. When the work was done the sour grisled ship's captain came up to inspect Rand's work.

Ah ya wet gilled cur, what is this? Ya didnt fill all the barrals right, ya dumb lout. Rand stood silently taking the abuse from the man. This was their agreement, of a sort anyways, Rand worked for less than other hands, and the man put up with his ramblings, mistakes, and his awkwardness in general. Rand stood as the man continued to Ramble his obscinities getting worse and worse.

As he stood, his mind wandered zoning out of the real world and into one of fantasy. His thoughts went to sailing, his body feeling the wind from a full sail as he manuevered around the sea.
Ah, ah he ya lout, you listening to me....Ah forget it yar so dumb it doesnt matter anyways... The captain trailed off his eyes turning a bit pitiful for a second before shaking it off, he really thought Rand a hopeless fool. Yar pay is in the office, as usual, now begone, I'll need ya next week so check for the work

[*][*][*]

Rand was ready now. He walked up the steets unconsiously fingering the silver charms around his neck, they were not particularly valuable but they held a magic for him, a life all their own, and as he walked he thought of his mother and their life together. Rand was still young, his body filling out, and his hair merely shaggy over his ears. As he entered some no name bar he thought of what he was going to do, he felt an itching sensation between his blades, shoudl he go on a rambling adventure....should he send letter to the old man for more work? what was going to happen.

Rand snapped out of his daze as the barmaid took his order, he meekly replied, Nothing, at least not now, thank you. Rand sat, his head down a little simply people watching. It was a hobby, of a sort, because he didnt have all the right people skills. Anyways Rand sat, keeping his eyes on people and their interesting habits.
Last edited by Rand on May 2nd, 2010, 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To protect, To Uphold, To avenge

Rafi http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic2222.html
Rand
Dreamer of the Stars

Words: 25577
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2010, 8:56 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sylirasen on May 2nd, 2010, 1:24 am

He noticed the other young man walk into the room. The grey eyes watched his for a moment as he walked across the bar. He placed a order for a simple beer. He then turned and looked back and watched the young man some more. After getting his beer he carried it across the floor towards the young man.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He said taking one of the seats anyway. He smiled his teeth flashing. "It much better to drink while talking with someone." He liked that this man appeared to be watching others. He also appeared young enough to possible enjoy adventuring.
Sylirasen
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rand on May 2nd, 2010, 5:18 pm

Rand was deep in his own world as he watched the people maneurvering around the bar. His was slipping deeper and deeper into his own world, when suddenly the young man spoke to him. Rand snapped back to reality and jumped slightly surprised by how the man had spoken and that he had not noticed him. The man was smiling down at Rand as he sat their a little blankly, staring back at him, Rand said nothing.

this continued for several minutes Rand looking at the young man as he said nothing. As he kept quiet he began to finger the charms around his neck, almost as if reciting a silent prayer in his head. After a few more uneasy minutes. Rand seemed to focus, waving the man into the seat across from him still without saying anything. Rand was now eyeing the man across from him a little uneasily. He was not the best with people, and he was a little uncertain of this one's intentions. Rand was mulling everything over deciding what to do, so the silence continued, until finally rand spoke.

Well hello there..... I was wondering what you think of that man over there? Rand pointed to a slightly drunken man leaning against the bar uneasily. As he pointed he continued to talk. You see I find it entertaining that he stands that way, and yet as he continues to drink he gets lower and lower on the bar. Its just amusing to me to see people put themselves in these situation, a situation I see that you are going to sucomb to as well. Rand trailed off, looking at the man again.

I dont like the university in general. You students tend to look down on us workers, like your better or something. Well Ill say something to that you all look nice enough. Rand ended his little speech simply looking at the young student. He wondered if he'd possibly offended the man, but what he'd said was basically true, well he didnt know how it applied to this man sitting here with him.

Rand's face sombered slightly as he realized what he might have just done, and he unconsiously fingered the charms again, awaiting the reply of this man

Rand
Dreamer of the Stars

Character sheet

Postby Sylirasen on May 4th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Sylir listened to the man nodding his head, sipping at the drink in his hand. He smiled his teeth flashing as the man mentioned not understanding why someone would want to get drunk. "I only planned on having one today. I have other plans for the day and don't want to be like that man over there."

Sylir nodded his head. "You are right, most students are snobs. They don't like people who aren't as smart as them. Or at least they think are as smart as them." He smiled. "I guess you haven't had some good experiences with students." He was clearly not offended. He also clearlly didn't care if you did or didn't go to the university.
Sylirasen
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rand on May 5th, 2010, 6:26 am

Rand observed the young student sitting across from him as he spoke and nodded his agreement. He sure did not act like any other student Rand had met, and yet Rand was on his heels and feeling very defensive. This man was not all that he appeared and that was a good and bad thing.

Rand motioned for the barmaid and ordered two beers, he felt it the proper thing to do, and whilst he had no real plans to drink, his mother had taught him to be a coutrious person no matter the curcumstances. So, Rand oblidged the man whose name he still did not know a drink and continued the conversation.

You dont act like a student, but you could be pretending... Rand said suspiciously. What is it that you need, that you would be in a place like this, and talking to a man like me. You surely have some reason, noone from the academy comes down here, unless they need something. Or, are you different? I suspect not though

Rand eyed the young student, his mind trying to calculate what the student wanted, but his thoughts were like butterflies, fluttering from thought to thought with no rhyme or reason. He thought of this man, then his mother and her teachings, then of killing him, or befriending him. His mind formulated several scenarios.

What is your name, by the way. My name is Rand Barlow, I was born here, and dont know anything about you. I feel like you should explain yourself or leave.

Rand
Dreamer of the Stars

Character sheet

Postby Sylirasen on May 14th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Sylir looked at the suspecious young man for a moment and then smiled. "I am Sylirasen Bethrynna. I to was born here in Zeltiva. My father is a proffersor at the college here. So I am going to college here."

He looked around the bar and then back at the man. "I like it here. Most of these people are hard working, like a good drink, and like to talk. They also enjoy a good adventure as well." He said with a smile. "I like to come and make friends that is why I am here. I like to talk, and talk about none school subjects." He smiled back at him. "Why are you here?"
Sylirasen
Player

Character sheet