Devastated & Scared (Open)

Scarlett retreats to Riverfall after examining the damages done to Endrykas by the Djed Storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on July 18th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Summer 1st, 512AV

The Djed Storm had left Scarlett scared and emotionally unstable. It had killed her Aunt, destroyed her home, and forced her to migrate to Riverfall. She had seen many things of which she had thought couldn't possibly exist. Giant blue men, pale white women with blonde hair, it was all new and a lot to take in. She did plan on returning, but not soon. Plus, she really liked the scenery but the heat wasn't very pleasant. The random drop-off streets she didn't favor either, but it was beautiful all the same.

With a pat on the neck, her horse lowered his head. Rocky hadn't been the same either. Neither were as joyful and happy as before. She wasn't sure if it was the Djed Storm or what. After examining the damage on the surface of Endrykas, she was tore up as any and after learning her Aunt had gotten caught in the mess and died she was a wreck. With all that behind her, she still had some grieving to do, but that could be pushed to later on.

Rocky was tired and needed some water but she didn't know how to get to the stables. With all the things he was carrying, she was surprised he hadn't tired out sooner. She dismounted then patted him on the neck "Come on, boy." She needed to help her friend so she relieved him of her weight "We'll find the stables soon."

The tired horse nudged her with his darkened muzzle. The Drykas ran her hand over his black mane several times. The stallion found it comforting. She led him through the streets of Riverfall wondering where the hell the stables were. Scarlett wouldn't led him go on like this even if they hadto stop in heir tracks. She needed help, directons, even a tip. A guide would be even more helpful. Looking around for anyone, desperately.
Pavi •●۞●• Common •●۞●• Thoughts
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Words: 16507
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 10:51 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Liandra on July 20th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Liandra was certainly a strange sight today, as she was in the middle of a street, her arms flailing wildly as she yelled at a portly, corporeal figure, "You can't just destroy people's stuff just because you're a ghost!" Her hands were speaking as fast as she was, sometimes the gestures threatening, other times acting like they belonged to a crazy person. She stomped up to the human ghost and stared up into his fat face, "Stop acting like a little baby for petch's sake. You may have died, but you aren't dead! You can still move, you can still feel, see?" She attempted to make a fist and punch him in his pudgy belly, but her novice attempt was seen by the man, and she passed bodily through him, a chill filling her core. "See what I mean, if you couldn't feel, you wouldn't be trying to avoid that! You still have emotions, you can still talk to people, and you still must abide by the city's laws! If you don't they will force you out, or force me to get rid of you, and I don't want to do that! That's not how we should treat ghosts! So stop acting up you fool!"

"Well I never... Who do you think you are young lady? You have no command over me, you have nothing to sway me, you are just another person with the one thing I want. Life. You think this is life? I don't have a heartbeat, my wife wants nothing to do with me, and I'm angry all the petching time! So I will do as I damn well please miss, it's not like you can give me my body back."

"No, but I can let you borrow mine for a little while, if you promise to stop wrecking the place. And I can take you back to my shop, and give you something that will make you feel a lot better."

"I can just take your body woman!"

The man dove at her, and she didn't flinch, letting him pass right into her body. She knew that he was a newer ghost, and that she should be able to keep him from taking control of her body. Her body grew rigid and she began trying to steel her mind. She used a trick that Nessela had taught her for keeping control. Focus on a single, happy thought or moment, and keep repeating it, the happier the better. She went with the first day she'd met Kylayia. He was only the size of her hand, just a tiny little sea foal. She was a little girl when her parents brought him home. He had such big eyes, and was so nervous. He liked to hide behind that weird piece of green coral in her room. She kept on focusing this while she felt him trying to wrest control from her. But she kept him from moving her, kept her body completely still. "I'll let you have control, but you will not take it from me."

She felt the ghost try and slip out, and she continued the bombardment of her happy thoughts. "No, you will not be allowed out until you calm down. Settle down and enjoy the ride, I promise, we will find a way to help you." She felt the ghost relax, relenting. She relinquished control, "Take it slow, and remember, I can take back control at any time." It was an odd feeling as the ghost slipped into her, filling her body. She watched as held up a hand before her eyes, flexing her webbed fingers, testing the movement. "You know, your kind are such strange creatures. You don't even breathe." She chuckled within herself, as he began walking around, and she noticed all the different joyous feelings radiating from him, the feeling of the ground beneath her feet, the breeze brushing gently over her skin, the thumping of her heart. She let him have his pleasures uninterrupted, when they saw a young woman that looked lost atop a horse. She felt him tighten the muscles around her loins in lust, She sure is a pretty one, maybe she needs some help, a damsel in distress perhaps?" He led the Charoda's body toward the side of the horse, "Hello my dear, do you need some help?"

Liandra is accepting any and all thread requests.
Liandra
Who Ya Gonna Call?

Words: 108927
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 5:11 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on July 21st, 2012, 9:15 pm

Hearing commotion, Scarlett's mind grew wary and her tired self was alert. A blue... being was screaming at some other being? Inside she was confused, but on the outside all she did was faintly touch Rocky's neck. The blue being walked over to her. She needed help and at this rate she didn't care where she got it from. Even if it was from a blue humanoid. Help is help. By the tone of the creature's voice she assumed she was a female but she gratefully smiled all the same.

"Yes as a matter of fact, I do actually need some help. It would be greatly appreciated!" Dismounting from the horse, she touched it's mane with a smiled "I was actually looking for the stables for him and I don't suppose there are any places to put up a tent, are there?" She wiped off her brow from the humid air then sighed as she fixed her tent on the horse's back back into place by tightening the rope that held it and her belongings. The shortbow and arrows were on his back as well "Preferably some water for him first." she hinted at the Cyphrus Strider.

"Any places that fit this description? Or am I flat out of luck?" She examined the being closer to remember what this race was called. Charoda she believed. Stories of the race had been passed around the traveling tents but it didn't occur to her that they were real. If she remembered correctly they could breath underwater or something of the like? The Charoda might find it rude to ask about it so she decided to shove it into her collection of things to research on her spare time.

What she really needed was a map of the place, but Scarlett doubted the woman would actually have one on hand. The Drykas' eyebrows drew together as she thought about drawing a map. It seemed really complicated unless you went around and actually drew out the building shape and observed the city to see all the names and crooks and roads and... just too much work. She took a deep breath with a grin as she ran her hand through her hair.

Pavi •●۞●• Common •●۞●• Thoughts
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Words: 16507
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 10:51 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet