[Nykan Gate] Met With Resistance (solo)

Xavior arrives to Nyka only to find that Ziths are universally not liked.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

[Nykan Gate] Met With Resistance (solo)

Postby Xavior Silhouette on July 20th, 2012, 5:20 am

Summer 30th 512AV
Xavior had traveled across the vast wilderness of Sylira and had stumbled upon the city of Nyka on a whim. He had traveled the Kabrin Road by foot and wing and found out first hand that despite a secure road, dangers still lurked in the shadows. Near the edge of his right wing membrane had been torn and was in the process of healing. Hidden by the grey fur on his body were the slashes of a rouge's blade across his body. The encounter with the duo of murderous thieves had introduced him to a new god, Krysus. An encounter with her followers had proven to be one to me remembered for eternity that is Xavior's life. Green, opalescent, stains gave a hint as to where the slashes had been made. His strange colored blood, dried and made dark stains across his torso as well as his back and wings.

He stood breathlessly outside of Nyka's gate. Not from beauty, but from true tiredness. He had survived off of Leth's hand only as he made his way across the wilderness. But now as his sore feet began to move toward the Nykan gates the first signs of his unwelcoming was an arrow at his foot. The soil hit against his legs and only added to the filth that had developed.

“That is far enough creature!” He heard a voice call out to him. Xavior was confused for a moment as to why the guards acted so hostile.

The red stone's color was washed out in his vision as the light from the sun dominated his vision. It was in that moment that he remembered his Zith nature. Surely if he had met with one of those brutal creatures he'd act the same way as well. With as loud of a voice he could muster he called to them.

“Ahoy!” His common sounded a bit off of perfect as he attempted to communicate with the cautious guard men. “I am not a beast of which to be feared! My name is Xavior and I have traveled many nights. I only seek a true bed to sleep in,” Xavior could almost here the murmur as the guards spoke to each other. Was Xavior being honest, was it not a new tactic of zith ambush? What would the repercussions to allowing such a feared creature through the walls. Silence met Xavior's ears, which made him impatient as he took another testing step forward. He was met with the whistle of feather fletching as an arrow ripped past his head.

“I said that was far enough!” The same voice that had greeted him early called out again, even more fierce serious laced in his tone.

“Xavior, if that is your name,” another voice called out to him. “We must turn you back to the forest...” there was a pause that only lasted moments, “it is in the best interest to not scare the townsfolk with your presence. Please turn back and go from which you came.”

Xavior growled lightly before he shouted back in anger, “my name is Xavior son of leth, I have no qualms with you or your people. All I ask is for sanctuary, if I turn back now I'll surely face death once more!”

“This time die zith,” the man from early called out. Xavior had received the message loud and clear he was not welcomed to pass. Frustrated by human's paranoia he returned back to the forest and began to look around for other locations to possibly enter from another area.
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes