An Apprentice for Sama'el

Mealla // In which Sama'el gets two for the price of one.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 28th, 2012, 8:44 pm

He bit back a curse. This was his fault. If they had sparred like normal people, she might have learned how to fight rather than how to get injured, but he didn't know how to get through to her. He sheathed his scimitar, picked hers up, and slung it through his belt, then knelt down beside her.

"I'm sorry about that. Let's get you to a healer." That said, he hoped she wouldn't resist. He could understand, and sometimes admire, stubbornness, but she needed healing soon so her knee wouldn't heal wrong and become a liability.

Before she could protest, he got his lanky arms under her, and stood up carefully. She wasn't too heavy, but he paused to make sure she wasn't going to flail out of his grip and fall again.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Mealla Stormsong on September 29th, 2012, 6:21 pm

She didn’t resist. Oh, she wanted to, because she wanted to prove that everything was all right and that she was fine and that they could carry on sparring, but the pain in her knee was too great, and so she let him pick her up. She couldn’t bear to look at him, though – for him to see her embarrassment -, so she stubbornly stared into the distance, her jaw tight, eyes hard. It wasn’t easy for her, as a proud Drykas, to accept help, especially from him.

“I’ll be fine,” she said finally, unable to keep silent, her voice a monotone as she fought to keep her feelings of humiliation from it. “It’s probably just bruised. We don’t need to see a healer.” She didn’t think she’d be able to face it. “A bit of rest in my tent and I’ll be all right.”

She paused and then added, almost as afterthought, “I did almost have you, though. Admit it. A bit longer, and...”
Mealla Stormsong
Player

Words: 77741
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2012, 7:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 30th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Well, now that she mentioned her own tents, he could see how she would not want the Watch to see her injured on her first day of apprenticeship, especially with her keen sense of pride. But he didn't think the jostling of horseback would do it any good either, and so he would have to carry her. At least she wasn't heavy, but all the same his arms would likely be useless for an hour or so after.

He whistled a series of notes and Dohaina began to walk toward them, catching up relatively quickly. If she thought it odd her weak companion was carrying the young woman, well, she was a horse and didn't say anything.

"You'll have to go easy on the knee if you don't see a healer," he said by way of answer. "That way you can knock me on my back next time."

end.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jackalope on October 3rd, 2012, 3:29 am

Results!

Sama'el :
Experience
+2 Rhetoric
+2 Acrobatics
+3 Teaching
+3 Scimitar
+1 Observation
+1 Bodybuilding

Lore
Thinking of Lost Love
Mealla: My Apprentice
Telling Her How to Hold It..errr...I Meant the Weapon
Mealla: Easily Offended

Injury: General soreness the next day from sparring

Note: I can't help but wonder about that acrobatic of a move as a competent in that skill. I'm awarding it, but I'm unsure. Awarded the bodybuilding for carrying her.

Mealla :
Experience
+2 Rhetoric
+1 Observation
+1 Riding
+1 Acrobatics
+1 Seduction
+4 Scimitar

Lore
Sama'el: A Young Tavehk
Flirting with your Trainer
Basic Scimtar Stance
Getting Injured While Sparing

Injury: Deep bruise on leg for about a week. Minor effect on mobility during strenuous activity. Minor Knee Sprain, pain when pressure applied to knee, difficulty walking for one week. General soreness the next day.All pending you don't get magical healing. PM with questions.

Fun thread, and I think you two will have a great dynamic as you continue to thread. I'm looking forward to seeing how this relationship forms going forward. Don't hesitate to PM me with questions or comments! Thanks
Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous