How long will it take(Tockie)

Will Tock finally be a Rak'keli Faithful?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Iris Timandre on July 21st, 2012, 4:15 am

63rd of Summer, 512 A. V.
It was the typical day, report to the Infirmary for work. Iris Timandre walked through the Infirmary wing. She wore her white dress. One of the straps kept falling over her shoulder. Iris pulled it back up. Clearly the dress wasn't small enough for Iris but she had to put up with it for the entire day. She had her backpack, inside was a mug, waterskin, her herbalist kit, a knife, and her medical kit.

She saw a couple of sick patients being tended to by doctors. Iris walked past a room and caught the glance of a familiar face. The Konti took three steps backwards and looked into the room again only to see a friend, Tock, laying down on the bed. Iris rushed into the room and looked down to Tock. Pulling off her backpack the Konti sat on the bed directly to Tock's left making herself comfortable.

Without uttering a single word Iris wanted Tock to talk first, Iris wasn't the most talkative person in Zeltiva. The Konti was very happy to see Tock again. She enjoyed her company, save for the little outburst Tock had in that very Infirmary. It was still in the back of Iris' mind even though she chose to let it go.

Reaching down Iris placed her right thumb and pointer on the zipper of her backpack and slowly opened it. Slowly, the Konti's two small hands grabbed onto a Herbal kit and lifted it up placing it on the table. Followed by picking up the mug and waterskin.

The Timandre turned around to look at Tock again, by now a small smile formed on her face. It was a signal that Iris was happy to see her new friend again. This was how it was. Unless Tock uttered something Iris would remain on her bed just watching her.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Words: 71783
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 21st, 2012, 5:10 am

Two days ago, Tock had been in a pretty big fight. She hadn't intended to be. She hadn't wanted to be a hero. She had WANTED to commit cold blooded murder. Instead, all she had done was pluck an eyeball from a man's head.

She was actually pretty proud of that.

The eye was tucked safely away in her adopted baby Boxy's belly. Meanwhile, Tock was bed-bound. She had taken a sword gash across her stomach, and it was stitched up and had been tended to until she was no longer critical, but she was still bed-bound on doctor's orders for several days at the minimum. She had her magic crutches, of course, and would be able to ride around on them without aggravating the wound much sooner than she would be able to be on her feet, but she needed a few days of absolutely no mobility in order to avoid pulling the stitches out. The doctors would surely try to keep her in bed longer than that, but there was no way that was happening. She had work to do, after all.

For the time being, unable to move much, she was lying in bed and drawing. Last week, she had finally started drawing up plans for her statue. She had had the image in her head for weeks, but had kept refining it in her mind, not yet putting it to paper. Once she had the image perfect in her mind, she had decided it was time to start drawing.

Today she was drawing waves. Big, tall, crashing waves, little ripply tide waves, and rough, bursting waves like water spraying forth up a cliffside. She wanted to get down to the beach and watch some waves, in order to get a better idea how they worked. From here, out the window of her room, she could see the sea, but not make out the details. The water was blue and massive in the distance, but she was too far off to make out each wave that crashed onto the beaches.

She worked from memory by now, thinking about the waves on the beaches of Mura, the waves down at the Zeltivan docks, and the waves crashing against the Sailor Man's boat. She tried to remember the way the water curled as it came down from a tall arch, the way the white foam pushed against the beaches, and the way the water rippled as it fled back out to sea. She slowly sketched careful lines to capture these images, working through several configurations, trying to find the one that best fit her mental image of her statue.

She was working on her drawings when Iris came in. Unsure whether the Konti was here to help heal her wound (which would be quite helpful), or to start another argument, Tock didn't look up from her drawings. There was a long moment of silence while the woman settled herself on the empty bed (Tock was surprised she had the room to herself; maybe it was because the first time she'd been in the infirmary, she'd caused quite a mess in her room). The quiet was nice, however.

After the silence grew awkward, Tock said without looking up, "Wotcher, Sook?"
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Iris Timandre on July 22nd, 2012, 1:26 am

Tock finally said something. But there was no eye contact.The last time Iris and Tock spoke Iris had told Tock there was nothing she could do to help her little friend Mikey. Truthfully, Iris was ashamed to even look at Tock right then.

The Konti replied to Tock quietly, "How're you feeling? Why're you in the bed?" Iris said with a concerned tone in her voice. Tock actually meant something to Iris now. When someone got facial expressions from Iris, like a worried expression, they meant something to her. Iris wanted an answer. She didn't want to know exactly why Tock was put into the hospital bed, she just wanted to know what physical illness she had to see if she could do anything to help her.

Iris looked at her waterskin, and then slowly opened her Herbalist kit. Inside of the Herbalist kit rested a few tools, and some Flora from the white isle that the Konti never had used. Iris had some knowledge on the white isle's flora so she leaned twards those. She wouldn't touch any of Zeltiva's Flora because she had no information on them. Anything could be a deadly flower in Zeltiva.

Looking back at Tock Iris said "Do you need something? Mecidine? Food? Drink? Because I figure hospital meals aren't the best." The Timandre was treating Tock as if she was one of her own Konti sisters.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 22nd, 2012, 2:06 am

When Iris asked why she was in the bed, Tock didn't say anything. She was chewing on the inside of her cheek, studying a drawing, trying to figure out how to get the arc of the swells right. So she just silently pulled the sheet down and raised her shirt to show the bandage across the long wound in her stomach. It was slightly spotted with blood soaking through, and would need to be changed soon. It was a bad enough wound that, for a couple of days at least, she couldn't sit up on her own without a nurse to come help prop her up on pillows.

She lowered her shirt and continued sketching, trying out a few different styles, in order to see which one she liked best. She started leaning more towards upward-lifting bursts of water, like the spray over a cliff side. But she wanted it to be... carrying him. She started toying around with the idea of a chariot made of water, working on a whole new set of sketches. She traced the lines of the waves into the shape of the vehicle, with whirlpool swirled holding it aloft in place of wheels, the crest of two waves forming either side and meeting in the front in a majestic curl.

"I could use a tucker an' a middie," she replied to Iris. "If'n ya think 'ey'll letcha sneaked one in 'ere? I done asked, first time I were 'ere, an' 'ey done said no..."

She still didn't look up, but more because she was just focused on her drawings than anything. She wasn't really that mad at Iris... it was more that she was ashamed of herself for how she had acted (not that she would ADMIT that). She had spent most of her life studying and learning as much as she could. She had a thirst for knowledge that never seemed to end. And yet, she had always dismissed talk of the Gods as... pointless. She had never bothered to learn anything about them, because she hadn't considered it worth her time. And she had jumped to her own conclusions without bothering to investigate, and learn what the real truth was.

But she didn't say any of this. Tock wasn't one to express her feelings, unless that feeling was anger. So she just sucked on her teeth, lost in thought, trying to find the most accurate yet artistic way to draw the crest of that swell, while still showing the depth of the water.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Iris Timandre on July 25th, 2012, 3:36 am

The Konti's face went blank when Tock seemed to have ignored her question. How did she end up in the Infirmary? If Iris didn't care for Tock she wouldn't have been angry that Tock took a pass on the question. Then again, maybe Tock didn't hear her. Iris did have a very light voice and was soft spoken. When she spoke her words sounded like whispers.

Iris took a deep breath. Since Tock chose to take a pass on her question she'd be forced to try and get it out of her. The healer didn't like to question people alot but at this point Tock was the most important person in Zeltiva to Iris. Her only real friend, or so she thought.

Slowly, Iris rised off her bed pushing herself up with the aid of both her hands. Closing in on Tock Iris looked down on her human friend and looked her dead in the eye. Iris would not be ignored again when it came to something involving health.

"I'll see what I can do about your request. But I can't help but notice that you didn't answer my question regarding your health, Tock. Maybe you didn't hear me. I'll speak a little louder."

Making sure, Iris raised her voice up. This is the loudest she's been in a long time. She didn't scream, but she did speak loud enough wanting Tock to hear her this time.

"What is the reason for you being in the Infirmary?"
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 25th, 2012, 4:30 am

Tock kept her face down, but turned her eyes upwards to glare at Iris. She didn't particularly like that tone. She hated it when people made demands of her, or when they were pushy. It was so rude when people tried to badger her into doing something she didn't want to do (the irony of which was completely lost on her).

In a gruff tone she replied, "Didn't I jus' shows ya?" She lifted her shirt again to show the wound. "I done been 'urt, aye? What else? 'At's what fer 'ow ya ends up in 'ere. Can't git outta bed what 'til the stitches ain't done gonna been pulled out..."

She wasn't really trying to be difficult. She just didn't see what else there was to say about it. It didn't occur to her at all that Iris meant to ask how she got hurt. Tock just assumed it was a question of whether she was hurt, and the answer was clearly obvious.

She continued sketching waves, toying around with the idea of drawing animals in the water. Horses, or maybe seahorses, shaped from the very waves themselves. She frowned and bit her lip, concentrating on her work. She'd never seen a real live seahorse before, despite her time in Mura. So she wasn't sure how to draw one. But she started sketching out waves in the shape of an animal's body, as if the water itself were forming the creature's flesh. She made the white swells at the crest of the water flow into the shape of the horse's mane, and let the creature's legs just meld into the water fluidly as if they were one and the same.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Iris Timandre on July 30th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Iris started to become less and less patient that she was upon arriving in Zeltiva. Most of the Konti's change in behavior was due to the human woman who layed on the bed right in front of Iris, Tock. Some of Tock's in your face personality rubbed off on the Konti. Iris never noticed that she changed a bit.

Frustrated, Iris lifted her right hand up to her head and pushed some of her long blond hair out of her face. Tock probably wasn't getting what Iris was trying to ask. Once again, Iris asked the question. But this time, she tried to go into detail. "Let me say it again, how... did you end up in the Infirmary? Was it an accident on your part? Or?"

That was Iris' way, she just had to know what was going on.

"And do you feel any pain?" The Konti wanted to help Tock. But the wrong words were coming out. What Iris really wanted to say was -Tock, you're my friend! I don't want or like to see you hurt, tell me what's wrong so I can try to help.-

Once again, Iris crossed her legs hoping to get a different answer from the woodcarver. Blue eyes of the Konti ran up and down Tock's body to examine her.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 30th, 2012, 9:23 pm

"Accident?" Tock asked, frowning. "Nah, I done got sliced open! Weren't no accident. Course she' 'urtin'. What weren't ya 'urt fer if somebody done cut yer belly open wit' a sword? Tch..." She shook her head, thinking of was a dumb question. It hurt like HELL.

She tried to shift a bit to stop her butt from falling asleep in this position, but the movement brought a wince of pain. Face scrunched up, she whimpered a bit, holding the bandaged wound. Then she looked up at Iris and asked, "Think what fer I could gets some o' yer 'ealy magic? Would be right good, 'at would..." She hated being hurt. She hated being in pain. And she hated not being able to get any WORK done!

She laid her head back, closing her eyes. The pain and stress had spread into giving her a headache, which was making it difficult to concentrate on her drawings. She needed to rest at least a little bit. And eat something.

Eyes still closed and a strain in her voice, she asked, "'Ow 'bout 'at tucker'n'middie, aye? We's drink a toast ta gettin' sliced open..." She chuckled, then winced at the pain the motion caused. She really wanted something to numb her nerves right now.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Iris Timandre on August 2nd, 2012, 6:24 am

Iris looked down at Tock, she had gotten cut open?!? The expression on the Konti's face told the tale. It was horrible, one of Iris' friends had gotten sliced OPEN. And Iris had no idea how it would feel. What it would be like to go through something like that.

Tock made a request to be healed by Iris' powers. A grin formed on the Konti's pale face. She moved in closer to Tock and sat directly next to the woodcarver. "Mhmm, I can heal you. Based on the way that would looks I probably can only make some of the pain go away."

Iris looked down to Tock's stomach and said "I actually wouldn't mind a drink after what I've been through today. I work here so I think I can sneak something in." Iris turned to her herbalist hit and waterskin. She dug into her backpack and pulled out one of her two clay mugs. Iris poured all of the water inside the waterskin into the mug and then reached into her Herbalist kit.

"I have something special for you, Tocky." Iris pulled a piece of Albizzia bark out of her herbalist kit. Inside of Iris' Herbalist kit sat multiple Herbs from the white isle. The Konti has some information about alot of the white isle flora.

Iris followed it up, reached her left hand into her bag again, and pulled out a knife. The knife was mostly used for cooking and cutting. Iris began to cut the tip of the bark. She made sure they were small bits. After two cuts Iris cut a piece too big and sighed. The Konti blinked and asked Tock "Do you have any idea of what this might be?"
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 2nd, 2012, 6:33 am

"I take anythin' ya got," Tock moaned weakly, not caring if it was only 'some of the pain' that left. She was in agony right now, and would be glad for whatever relief she could get.

She watched as Iris started preparing... whatever it was. She vaguely thought she maybe kinda sorta recognized the stuff, considering she had lived in Mura for a year. But, herbs and plants and all that wasn't really her thing. She could identify dozens of types of trees for the quality and strength of their wood, but asking her anything about the leaves, or the medicinal properties? She saw those things as a waste of her time.

So when the Konti asked, she just shrugged and said, "Some kinda tea?" She'd have preferred a shot of something hard, like maybe some nice brandy mixed in with the tea. Not that people could usually get their hands on brandy in Zeltiva (she'd seen some for sale here and there, but the price was WAY outside of the range of Tock and her drinking buddies from the construction crew).

Moaning a bit, she placed a hand over her wound and asked, "Can ya does the 'ealy stuff 'fore the tea, Sook?" Yeah, she was thirsty. But she'd far rather have the magic done first, THEN worry about whatever the strange concoction her friend was making was.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)