In search of roots (Work)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Zadok on July 26th, 2012, 6:36 am

The 33rd of Summer, 512 AV

Zadok listened to Khana as she explained the various ways that help was needed, he followed her outside and down the pathway. "I would not mind helping in any way I can. I understand that you need to be sure that I am able. Though I am confident that I will not let you down my father taught me pretty well." Zadok bowed low and said, "We have a deal, I will return in the morning." With that said he turned to leave and would return the next morning.

First light, the 34th of Summer, 512 AV

Zadok was always told that the early bird got the worm and he wanted to show that he was serious about his work. It was hardly light when he arrived back at the Okomo Villa, he was only a little surprised when he saw that Khana was already up and about. As he walked up the path he made his way to greet the woman. "Hi, good morning!" he said this with vigor and was greeted back.

"Well hello to you too." she responded back to his greeting. She had been looking after one of the Okomo and turned toward Zadok and continued to speak, "You are a little early, but that is good. Much better than being late, however Rannia is not here yet.

Zadok had figured that the healer would not have arrived yet but he thought that he could help out a little and perhaps learn something new. He said, "I was afraid of that, but oh well do you need any help with anything here while I am waiting for her?"

"I am glad that you asked this, actually there is an Okomo here that has hurt it's leg and I could use a little help keeping her baby calm while I take a look at the mother's leg." she said and then went about explaining quickly what to do and how to handle the young animal.

Zadok listened and then did as he was told saying, "Okay that sounds easy enough to me." The two of them then began to take the Okomo inside the villa and into the medical room. He did as he was told holding and petting the injured okomo's baby to keep it calm as Khana checked the mother's leg. After she had finished Khana explained that it was only a sprained knee, she also told Zadok what she was going to do to help the animal to heal.
Zadok
Player

Words: 6663
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 4:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

In search of roots(Work)

Postby Zadok on July 26th, 2012, 6:12 pm

It had been a while since he had first got to the villa and the sun was now a little higher in the sky. Khana and Zadok left the Okomo and her child in the recovery room and headed for the exit, it was nearly perfect, just as they exited the villa they saw a person walking up the path. Khana told him that it was Rannia and that she would make the introductions. Once Rannia had made it closer to them Khana said, "Good morning Rannia, and this is Zadok. He will be going with you, we are going to see if he has what it takes to be a guide for us."

With that Zadok took a step forward and bowed as he spoke, "It is very good to meet you Rannia. Khana here told me you could use an extra set of hands in finding some bulboru root."

Rannia bowed back and spoke to Khana first, "Thank you Khana for thinking of me. One can never be to careful." She then turned to Zadok and bowed saying, "It is good to meet you Zadok and that is right as a healer the root from the bulboru flower is important for several things. Now are you ready? The sooner we leave the sooner we will get back.

With that said Zadok said to Rannia, "Yes I am ready, let us be on our way." He turned to Khana and said goodbye to her and they were off and on their way.

The two of them headed south from the villa as Zadok knew of a place that he thought would have the root they searched for. The journey was not by any means easy but he knew they that the two of them would be fine. For the first leg of the journey they walked on a well worn pathway, but that soon gave way and they had to begin walking where there was no path. The previous seasons storms had taken care of many pathways and caused various other changes to the landscape, but Zadok still knew where he was going.

They had come to his first landmark, it was a rock formation that looked like a clenched fist. They had been talking a little but not much, Zadok asked Rannia if she wanted to take a short break she said, "Yes a quick rest would be nice, don't you think?" Zadok nodded and decided that he would take a quick look around the immediate area for signs of animals to make sure they were not going to be surprised by anything.
Zadok
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok on July 28th, 2012, 5:57 am

As Rannia rested her feet and prepared herself for the next, more difficult leg of the trek Zadok keep an eye open looking around the immediate area for any local threats. The young guide looked for many things from animal tracks to loose rock formations that may cause landslides. After a short inspection of the area Zadok had found many signs of animals from broken twigs to bent grass to tracks and droppings, though most of the signs looked old and belonged to animals that would prove to be no problem.

After Rannia had finished resting Zadok explained the plan, "So this is where we have to do some climbing." He pointed to the eastward face of the mountain and said, "Now we have to climb up and around that there face. It looks like it should be safe enough but just to be sure try to step and hold where I do." With that said he looked at her to make sure she was ready.

Rannia listened to him and nodded as if it were something that she had done many times. The two of them slowly climbed the rock face and Zadok examined each hand and foot hold before moving on to the next. As some proved to be to fragile and gave way he would look for another better one, the progress was slow but steady. They had made it all but to the other side when Zadok heard a noise coming from above them, it was the sound of rock falling upon rock. They had come to a small flat protected by a large boulder, he pulled Rannia his way. By the gods grace they were saved from the landslide the ensued.

As the rocks fell all around them and bounced all around Zadok pulled the woman into his grasp as if to save her from any stray rocks that fell. A few of the rocks landed striking him in various places but he protected the important places like his head. After the landslide was finished it seemed that he only had minor injuries, nothing major. When he looked up to see what had caused the slide he saw a bighorn.

When it was safe by his thoughts they continued to move about the tricky mountain side, this time Zadok looked not only at his foot and hand holds but also above himself, looking for any sign of more landslides. After some more slow climbing they had made it off the face of the mountain and into a shallow valley. If his memory served him right this would prove to be the valley they were looking for.
Zadok
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok on July 28th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Once they had made it safely off of the rock face Zadok turned back to take a look, he saw the bighorn. It as if watching, mocking him let out a noise. He turned back to Rannia and said, "I don't think he likes us here. And wow that was a close call, lucky for us that bulder was there." With that he shook any leftover shock out of himself and walked on.

Rannia listened and then went on to thank him, "We are likely in his home and by the way thanks for covering me in that landslide. Oh and you are bleeding there, here hold on a moment." With that he stopped and sat on a log as Rannia tended to his injury and putting a mix of ground herbs and wraped it. It was a gash about three inches long on the back of his right arm, it was funny because he did not even notice it really.

"Oh really I couldn't feel it, oh and make nothing of it I was only reacting. But what is in that pack?" After she had finished with his arm she explained what herbs were in the pack and they moved on through the vally. After a few minutes he heard a noise again, it was that bighorn again. As he looked back he saw it a few hundred yards back, thinking nothing of it he just pushed forward let the goat follow them.

The valley was that they were walking through was a paradise there was beauty all around the wildlife and plants, this was why he wanted to become a wilderness guide. As they walked though Zadok knew that he would have keep an eye open, because even though it looked like heaven there could be danger lurking just around the tree or on the other side of the next hill. They made little small talk as they went along as he needed mostly quiet to hear.

They came to a small pond and Zadok thought that it would be a good chance to rest, maybe catch a meal as some food in their belly would do good. "We have a good oppertunity here to get some food and eat. It is important we have energy to make the journey back."

As Zadok got his fishing gear ready Rannia walked around, she searched the area for the roots she was looking for and also for edible roots and berries. By the time she had returned Zadok had been fishing for the better part of an hour with only a few bites here and there but no luck landing any fish as of yet. A few minutes after Rannia returned with a pack loaded with fruits and veggies his luck changed and he got a good bite. He slowly pulled the fish in taking his time as to wear out the fish, after several minutes he had landed it. It was not the biggest fish but it would serve well for protein. They had enough food, he started a small fire and gutted the fish. While Zadok cooked the fish Rannia made a salad out of the various fruits and veggies.
Zadok
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets