Misfortune

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Misfortune

Postby Arcane on August 17th, 2012, 11:22 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Experience Points
+2 Soulmist Projection
+2 Possession
+1 Materialization
+1 Intelligence
+1 Acting

Lores
Tormenting the Innocent

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
This is quite a refreshing thread that is rather different. However, one small issue I have is that this story can easily be framed in a modern context; there are certain things about this that doesn't gel with Mizahar's Universe. Thing is, ghosts and spiritual things are an accepted phenomenon in Mizahar. It is not a matter of science VS superstition; even scientists in Mizahar acknowledge the existence of ghosts. It's a natural and accepted phenomenon. Furthermore, there is no Hospital in Zeltiva. There is, however, the Infirmary in the University of Zeltiva. There is also no Prison, but there are the Grey Gaols. See what I mean when I mention that this story is too similar to one set in a modern context than in Mizahar's medieval one?

Also, I understand that you wanted to write this story in a more neutral POV for the story's sake, and therefore did not elaborate/detail Noaru's use of his racial ghostly skills. I acknowledged it in awarding points due to story, but if you really want points I would need to see more effort in terms of describing how he uses his skills. There is a way to do it without affecting the flow of the story; be creative.

Regarding materialization, you may already know this, but just to solidify this point between you and me: Ghosts can make themselves visible without using Materialization. Due to the common use of that term, I'll generally differentiate between materialization and Materialization, with the former being a described action while the latter being the Mizahar Skill.

Finally, ghosts cannot earn points other than their three ghostly skills unless they are soft skills. However, in all regards, they earn these skills at a highly handicapped rate unless they do it while possessing someone, and even more efficiently when they possess a skilled Spiritist. It is not a penalty against bad writing, it's just a racial handicap to ghosts to balance the benefits they have over other races (such as blinking, invisibility, freedom of appearance, ethereal capabilities, floating/flying abilities, etc.)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous