Of guides and magic (Alduin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Zadok on July 27th, 2012, 6:23 am

The 47th of Summer, 512 AV

It was now past the midway mark of summer and Zadok had been working as a guide for thirteen days now. It was not a long time but he had been trained for it much of his young life. The day was young and it had the promise of a beauty of a day. Zadok based his guide services out of the Okomo Villa and when he had down time he would spend it there. He rather liked helping Khana out with the odd jobs she asked of him. It did not matter to him what they were, he just liked to be at the villa or in the wilds. Everything to him was much calmer than in the town, he liked the calmness. At times he would help tend the Okomo and other times he found himself fixing little things around the villa. He also knew that another task he needed to begin was remapping the wilderness, the storms of last season had changed a lot in the area.

Zadok this morning had been on the look out for preditory animals, he sometimes would act as a shepard when he was waiting for a client. It was about midmorning by his track when he saw a person walking up the pathway from the north. He had hope that it was somebody in need of his services and moved toward the person to greet them. As he drew closer he saw that it was a man, he was a few inches shorter than Zadok but must have weighed a good amount less. He saw that the man could not have been much older than he was if at all yet the tan man had greyish hair, odd he thought. "Hello there I am Zadok, can I help you out?" he said to the man in common.
Zadok
Player

Words: 6663
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 4:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alduin on July 28th, 2012, 12:47 am

Not one to show off that he was of higher class than any one person. He couldn't help but buy himself these new Arcane robes. Since he had just signed up that he was an official wizard of Lhavit. He thought he might as well looked the part. The robe was well done and it really did feel like it was made of quality materials, thus making the robe look a bit richer. But he had come to Okomo for something else rather than showing off his new look.

He saw another person eyeing him from down the pathway, he seemed to be of the same age as he was. The boy then asked him a question saying, "Hello there I am Zadok, can I help you out?".

The man seemed eager to help and friendly enough to his job without actually hating it. So Alduin Ancienti thought he'd answer truthfully, "Sure, just a tour and a conversation if that would oblige you."
Alduin
Eiyon

Words: 25386
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2012, 11:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok on July 28th, 2012, 6:18 am

Zadok was indeed a person who liked his job, at time it was dangerous. But it was no more dangerous than any other in a place like Lhavit, in Lhavit anything that took one out of town was dangerous. Zadok was one who liked to live on the edge, not much more than a week ago he had survived a landslide that could, and should have killed him and one of Lhavit's healers. He however felt that as a son of the area he had some sort of protection, divine or in his head he knew not.

As he saw the man who was about his own age Zadok listened hearing that the man before him did indeed want his service. He said with a smile, "Well I can surely help you with this, as I am your local guide. Though I would not wear those new robes if you want to go far from the city. I do however have a path that is not far from the city and will help you familarize yourself better without the need to remove your robes."

By the looks of the mans robes he could afford the fare but just to be sure he had not spent all his coin on his fancy duds he said, "Now as for payment we have two options, coin or trade."
Zadok
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alduin on July 29th, 2012, 7:38 pm

"Let's make a trade." He felt the guy looked mildly interested in things. As most people feel in the city, they feel an interest in magic. So Alduin reckoned he could show him something if he didn't already know.

"I show you some magic for a trade. I am an professional wizard afterall." He gestured on, quite sure the tour guide would take him up on his offer. Few did get the chance learn from a wizard, and were things you usually didn't pass up.
Alduin
Eiyon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok on July 31st, 2012, 6:35 pm

Zadok looked at the man and listened to the deal he wanted to strike, it seemed as if magic could be very useful to learn. Zadok stretched out his arm as to shake the man's hand and said, "We have a deal, but I don't know if I would wear those fancy robes, wouldn't want to tear it. Oh and I don't think I caught your name."

He would then listen to Alduin if he said anything then said, "Let me just grab my things and we will be on our way." With that being said Zadok then went over and into the villa, a few moments later he was back with his backpack and crossbow.

When Zadok returned to the man he was about to take on a tour he remembered that he needed to ask him some questions, "So as for where do you want to go and what do you want to see? Do you want to some climbing or just more of a hike? I just need to know what you want to do so I can figure out a place to take you." After Alduin had answered his questions Zadok would think for a moment and then they would be on their way, the villa shrinking in the background.
Zadok
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alduin on August 2nd, 2012, 7:49 am

As advised Alduin removed his clothing and put it in his bag. Deciding to go with the casual look for this particular day. "The name is Alduin. Alduin Ancienti." Said Alduin as he answered his guide, and also added to another question, "Lets go to a remote area, that will do just fine."

Needing some personal time to reflect on the things going on in his life at the moment, he felt that it wouldn't be so bad if he were to just stay in one place and have some type of entertainment. Here he could sight see, and practice some much needed magic.

Killing two birds with one stone, a habit he tries to do frequently. He bowed slightly, his long hair hanging over his shoulder, "After you." He said making the motion to that of person to lead forward.
Alduin
Eiyon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok on August 2nd, 2012, 10:00 pm

Well Alduin it is good to meet you." He said then paused as to think before going on, "Okay I have just the place in mind, it's a bit of a journey but not very bad."

As they bgan the first leg of the journey they would be heading south from the villa. Zadok took the lead and set the pace, they would walk at a comfortable speed as it was a good thing to not go to fast. Going to fast would cause them to hunger sooner and cause them to take more breaks than Zadok wanted. Also the path could be dangerous at time and he did not want any injury on this tour.

Soon the villa and town with is was far from them, all to be seen was nature and the beauty of it. Trees and mountains made the scenery and looked as though they were something out of a painting. There was the sound of their feet and the wildlife, birds tweeted and woodland critters scampered about. Zadok broke the silence, "So as a wizard what is it that you do on the daily basis?" He waited for an answer then would add, "Just tell me when you need a break."

As they kept walking the path slowly changed from a well kept path into more of an unkept trail, few traveled it aside from Zadok and the wildlife. The place he was taking Alduin was a small meadow with trees on all sides and a small stream. He had only found out about the place a few days ago but already it was one of his favorite places to go and think, it was a very calm place. If Alduin did not want to take a break then it would have only taken them about an hour and a half maybe two to get there. The trail was one of the safer trails that Zadok knew about as in there was not any real climbing only a few hills here and there.
Zadok
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets