The world through a Kelvic's eyes...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Lynes on July 29th, 2012, 7:39 am

The Kelvic, constantly on the defensive, paronoid, that's what the humans call it. We just call it awareness. Instincts drive our entire existence and we live as one, as a pack. We are Kelvic, alone, yet strong!

Evening guys, I'm new, yes, but this isn't actually my first post or my first introduction. I was browsing through the forum and saw that most newcomers fill out Goss' given questions as their first introduction and thought that I would do that on my second attempt, to inform any and all who may be curious on those topics. Aaand here we go ladies and gentlemen. Fasten your seat belts.

1. Name - or what would you like to be called?
On this forum I will go by many things, all of which you are welcome to call me. My real name is Tye, feel welcome to call me by that. You can also call me by my PC's name, which is right over there. *points to the left.* Lastly, a nickname that I've had since I was a child is Z, yep, just one letter. Had it forever and it's how I sign letters and emails to friends, so feel free to call me that as well. I'll answer to all of the above.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have, if any?
I'm very familiar with role play in general as I have done it since a young age, mostly on forums such as this one. This gives me lots of post by post role play experience. The large difference between this site and all the others I have eaten through is purely its content. It has the lore, the races, the wiki, the community, the map, everything that could possibly contribute to a world. Every other site that I have been on had nothing of the sorts it was purely a role-play site where you created different topics and characters for each forum you wanted to participate in. When I ran across this site the nerd side of me came out even more so than it always does, but I compared it to all the table top games that I have played such as DnD and Shadowrun.

3. How did you find us?
The site that I was currently using went down and never came back up. I searched Google for any other role playing sites and yours was number one or two on all the lists. So, I of course checked it out, as well as took a liking to it.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
In all honestly I adore most all role play, although fantasy is my favorite theme. Which only made this site an even better match and made me want to join even more. Generally the topics I would participate in would be angels, demons, vampires, and werewolves. I am more comfortable with social role playing on forums as I have never done a combat sequence on a forum that contained stats and allowed you to advance your character through combat. So, I'm fresh meat on the plain of combat, but rather good at the social aspect.

5. What do you like to write about? - not write about?
I suppose I answered this question a little too soon, so I'll just expand on the information I gave in question number four. I like to write about alternate dimensions so that I can have the availability to generate everything that contributes to that world or dimension and not have to worry about years, and dates in time. My imagination has always just flowed through my head, into my bones and joints, to my hands, and spilled out onto paper or a keyboard as I am constantly writing although I have failed to complete a whole book yet. On the topic of what I dislike writing about, I don't enjoy writing first-person at all really or writing pretty much any type of expository writing. Although I don't know if this counts in either of or both of the above topics. If so, it's an exception. :P

6. What's your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
Man, that is such a difficult question, I love all of it. If I had to pick a part it would be the lore. The pure creativity that it takes to generate a whole world and populate it is just almost overwhelming. It's greater than most people can think of and yet alone put onto paper. I have a great respect for any and all people who took a part in creating this beautifully crafted world and hope to not only contribute to this world as a player, but also to create towards the expansion of the lore and the Mizahar world in general. A close second to my favorite would be the community, everyone has been extremely kind and welcoming even about some of my idiotic questions or my not so bright moments and I thank every single one of you for that.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
I'm so pleased with this site that it is hard to find anything problematic about it at all. If there had to be one thing it would be that the home of the site isn't the role play portion, it's the lore. Also that the lore isn't broken into categories and placed on the left side of the site in sections organizing it by content, that's my CDO kicking in though. No one really has to worry about that happening much, it usually only shows with any kind of pattern that someone has already generated.

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
I hope for many things to come out of me role playing on this site. One of them being a home. Let me elaborate, a place for me to feel like I really belong and that the majority of the community gets along with me. There always be those "people" (Cause I don't know anything about the language limitations on this site) who want to jostle me around and they can just get over themselves. I also hope for an increase in creative juices, to get mine flowing to kick start most of the stories that I'm writing into something more. Lastly, I hope to improve my role playing skills. There is always room for improvement and I believe I am no where near the top of the food chain when it comes to role playing.

9. Is there anything you would like to see expanded?
If I had to name something then it would be the organization of the lore, as I said earlier. I just feel that unless you are linked to something in the lore from another part of the forum that it's difficult to get to and could be easier to navigate through.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Three things:
1. The banners that are scrolled through as I navigate around the site. They are all amazing and the pure number of them is astonishing. As I suspect this was a forum wide project, I want to congratulate all who helped on it. It looks amazing especially to all the newcomers such as myself.
2. I believe I owe one of the people who contributed to this site my soul. :). You see I have a button on my mouse that is hotkeyed to the back button on my browser and on every forum before this if I accidentally clicked that button it would erase all the work I had done on the post I was working on currently. On this one, when I hit it on accident, if i press forward on my browser all of my work is there, up to the last key stroke. SO, thank you, whoever implemented that onto this site.
3. I wanna thank all the staff who have helped me on my journey onto this site. It's been rather long, but I appreciate all of your patience and understanding as you all have helped me along. Also I wanted to say to you guys that I hope to help generate some of the lore to this wonderful world at some point.

Welp, thanks for reading all of that guys. I know it may have been kinda of draggy, but if you have any questions or comments you can post or just throw me a PM. You can also just throw me a PM if you just wanna talk. I'm always up for some of the chitter-chatter. Oh! I also wanna thank Tock, who inadvertently taught me how to make this sexy frame.
My character sheet - http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic23744.html

A link to my real introduction. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic24150.html

"Life is a puzzle, but the pieces never fit in place, you must mold them as your own." -Z

^^^That's me. ;)
Lynes
The Wild One

Words: 31178
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2012, 6:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Surei on July 29th, 2012, 3:34 pm

Oh, but we love lengthy replies! Welcome to Mizahar. I think you'll fit perfectly around here. Seeing as you have much, much more RP experience than me, I feel kind of odd writing this. :)

If I'd write a book, it would be in an alternate dimension. I can totally relate when you say you don't want your creativity limited by the need to assess the accuracy of dates and place and what else. You just have to be coherent in the world you have created for yourself (and, well, others to enjoy possibly?)

Now that you mention it, the navigation could be improved, although now that I know my way around the relevant pages, I just type them in the search bar. :D

One last thing: the founders gave us an incredibly rich environment to play in, and has been continuously developing new content, while encouraging players and staff alike to contribute and expand. And there's much more to come . It's one huge collaborative project, on every aspect of it. Anyway, that's how I see it.
Surei speaks: Common | Snake-Tongue | Arumenic
Surei
Neither right nor wrong.

Words: 17494
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on July 29th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Loved this intro.. thanks for going back and filling in the blanks. Intro's like this make you oh so much more real. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Lynes on July 29th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the attention lol.

@Surei - If you love lengthy replies then I will happily keep them coming both when I post as well as when I role play. Also, I'm glad you agree with my perspective on story telling, it's just some much easier to not have to worry about what was going on in the time periods, important people of that time, where a forest would be, the temperatures of an area, the animals that do and don't live in a certain area, there is so much that is required to write a book in the past of Earth or even in the present. Actually, scratch that, It's harder to write one about the present as we don't do anything that's entertaining to talk about generally. :P. To be able to share any world that I created with the rest of the planet would be amazing, but as I said, I have yet to actually complete one. If all of Mizahar is a collaborative project, then maybe it will be even easier to get a spot creating some small corner of the world. I hope so anyway. Thanks for the response, I do oh so like writing replies as well as the rest of the writing that I do.

@Goss - I'm glad you enjoyed it, happy to have entertained you so easilly. :). I thought that making a new post that contained the questions you supplied would just give me some more personally, more depth, so I'm glad that you agree on that aspect. Thanks again for the response, I love it when people enjoy my posts.

"Life is a puzzle, but the pieces never fit in place, you must mold them as your own." -Z

^^^That's me. ;)
Lynes
The Wild One

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Surei on July 29th, 2012, 10:18 pm

90% of your text will probably be replies anyway. :D Have fun and keep writing!

EDIT:
It's harder to write one about the present as we don't do anything that's entertaining to talk about generally.

Unless you go on the conspiracy side of things, naturally. (Ouch! Quotes and my template simply don't fit together)
Last edited by Surei on July 29th, 2012, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surei speaks: Common | Snake-Tongue | Arumenic
Surei
Neither right nor wrong.

Words: 17494
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on July 29th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Lynes wrote:Oh! I also wanna thank Tock, who inadvertently taught me how to make this sexy frame.

I did? O.o

I'm not sure where the 'inadvertently' comes in, but you're welcome?
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Lynes on July 30th, 2012, 4:17 am

@Surei - I suppose that the majority of my text will be replies huh? lol. Also yes, conspiracies can be entertaining, but once again they usually contain past historical events that were vague or mysterious in some way and then link to one another in some form. Once again research that I just would rather not do. I'm not much of a history person if you can't tell. :). I don't mind researching animals, land, and averages, but I just find it boring to research history. If I had to pick another subject then it would have to be math, which is one thing I don't find boring at all. Also I don't think your frame looks that bad with quotes.

@Tock - Glad to see you made it lol. Yes, you did help me to make my sexy frame. I was reading through some of the newbie introductions and the replies and on one of them you posted the code that generates a frame, therefore teaching me how to do just that. So, there ya go. That's where the inadvertently comes in. Thanks again, I enjoy having it there. Makes me feel much higher up on the food chain I suppose. Just because it appeared every veteran on the site had one. Felt like I needed one too. ;)

^^^That's me. ;)
Lynes
The Wild One

Character sheet
Scrapbook