Trouble in Pelham's cave(Saxani)

An exchange of fighting skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Postby Sserapelham on August 12th, 2012, 2:20 am

5th Summer 512 A.V.
Pelham stood in her 20x20 cave. She was dressed in a graceful bright red dress that reached down to just above her knees. The Dhani was in her human form. She twirled her long blonde hair between her middle and ring fingers.

She was bored, this had been one of Pelham's least productive days in a very long time. Deep down inside Pelham felt horrible, and when Pelham was bored she became very dangerous. She spotted another female Dhani passing by her cave, she was familiar with the other Dhani. Pelham called out to the female Dhani by raising her voice slightly and saying

"Saxani!"

Sashisaxani was a Dhani Pelham knew for some years. Pelham hoped to get Saxani's attention, everytime the two Dhani got together they had alot of fun. They've hunted together quite a few times too. Pelham gazed at Saxani with her judging eyes.

Saxani was the only person in the entire Zinrah nest other than the high priestess and the queen that Pelham respected. And would bother to listen too. Pelham lifted her left arm up slowly pulling her index finger back and fourth trying to signal for Saxani to come in the next. Pelham's eyes got lower.

"Come into my cave Saxani. I'd like a few words with you."

Pelham really just wanted someone to spend time with so she didn't go crazy.
Sserapelham
Dhani Diva

Words: 10770
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 1:03 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sashisaxani on August 12th, 2012, 3:32 am

Saxani was on her way to hunt when her name echoed through the tunnels, although the source was much nearer. She cursed in her head. There goes her whole day! Saxani had a series of personal rituals when it came to preparing to hunt, part of which involved psyching herself out, getting paranoid about the Myrians, and any other thing would want want a piece of her. A few warm up shots served as the cherry on top. It was time to hunt, to kill, slaughter, all in Siku’s name…unless Pelham called out to her, apparently. The stone face that paraded Zinrah’s tunnels moments ago shattered, and from the rubble came a misplaced glow among her people: happiness.

Saxani’s kill stature bent, and her body was instantly leaning into Pelham’s residence. She was just a branch in the wind, a young thing so easy to influence. Saxani stopped at the cave’s threshold, her arms spread wide on the sides of the entrance, her own head bent down with some promiscuous look. As Pelham commanded it, Saxani couldn’t help herself but to go forward into the diva’s domain.

“Oh… Have I been a bad girl?” Saxani whined playfully. Saxani bashed her lash-less lids at Pelham, her eyes forced to appear as young and innocent as a Dhani’s form would permit. Saxani laced her arms over Pelham’s shoulders and twiddled the diva’s hair as well. The coy look on her face had not changed, although her tone may have. “You know I can’t help it that I’m just such a bad…bad…girl.”

Saxani lowered herself to look straight at Pelham, her fingers tracing gently along Pelham’s back. Saxani was trying so hard to keep from laughing aloud. Her height seemed to diminish as the Dhani began her shift into a form more suitable to Pelham’s.

OOCOh rofl…
Last edited by Sashisaxani on August 13th, 2012, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Words: 150765
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sserapelham on August 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm

5th Summer 512 A.V.
Glamorously, Pelham watched Saxani inch closer and closer to her. She clapped her hands together waiting. Saxani placed her heavy arms onto Pelham's shoulders and joined in on playing with her hair, her arms were only that much heavier because Pelham was in the human form. Pelham didn't answer Saxani yet. She couldn't speak the snake tounge in her human form.

Saxani finally shifted into a form that Pelham could handle at the moment. The Dhani Diva couldn't hide the huge smile on her face. Remembering all of the times she and Saxani messed with the males of the nest, and caused some trouble.

"You've been extremely bad. Bad but still without flaw. Isn't it sad when you're only crime is being just as gorgeous as I?"

Pelham spoke in the Myrian language, she tended to speak in that language quite a bit. In her eyes she had to know the enemy well before striking. Perfecting the Myrian language would take a lot but it would be a great tool.

"You can't help it?"

Pelham's left found it's way around Saxani's waist pulling her closer, her right grabbed a hold of Saxani's left hand lifting it up higher into the air . Pelham started to move her feet slowly, as if trying to get Saxani to dance with her. Pelham loved to watch dancing but never exactly attempted it until then. The steps were the most basic.

"I think you're fabulous. Want to know the reason I called you in here?"

Pelham tried to gaze into Saxani's eyes. To Pelham eye contact was everything.
Sserapelham
Dhani Diva

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sashisaxani on August 13th, 2012, 2:56 am

Saxani’s eyes slowly turned as the final slits of her snake eyes lowered themselves to Pelham’s, and their shape shifted entirely. They rolled, and Saxani fought against smiles and laughter still. The disguise of stone, she’d call it, unmoving, and not telling of her feelings. It was like walking on the rocks, where the only thing you could leave behind would be a bloody print, and there was no blood here. The once scaly maw was now framed with soft lips that spoke to Pelham in the same mocking language.

Saxani asked, “My only crime being as gorgeouss as you?” still trying to fight her inborn accent. Her eyes floated up towards the ceiling, trying to keep from Pelham’s gaze. Saxani would have an easier time keeping up disguises that way. It was really more of a thoughtless interjection than a question. Saxani couldn’t help but play with Pelham, and she knew Pelham well enough. The diva wouldn’t be quiet until she was done. Saxani was more of a listener anyway, or well…she tried to be. Pelham left her with the sole option.

In response to Pelham’s question, Saxani just shook her head. There was a sense of childishness about it, like the initial corruption of the youth’s innocent mind when she starts to lie. Her eyes were kept wide, her lips thin, still fighting back giggles. She let Pelham guide her hands, and went with the step, fighting to look Pelham in the eyes. It was a game really. She stopped looking at the ceiling, but only to check Pelham’s feet and follow in her steps. Saxani started the count in her head, one, and two, and… all the way through Pelham’s lead.

The word “fabulous” caught her attention, but Saxani still diverted her gaze. At Pelham’s every move to make eye contact, she looked away. She looked down, her chin to her chest, and then back to the other side, to the ceiling again, it didn’t matter. Her head rolled back a bit, and she stared straight up. Her head swayed, and she gave into Pelham. She knew the diva would tell her anyway, so why not play too? “Me…fabulous?” A light in her mind shined as she noticed that she controlled her speech; no stray S’s. Saxani took pause to consider word play Pelham would enjoy. “No…” she said, and her head bobbed back down to look Pelham in the eyes, her stone mask back on, “I just came here to dance badly and flutter my fabularous eyelashes for you instead.” Saxani leaned in and flutter her lashes as close to Pelham’s as she could, their noses touching. Saxani, typically cold in her demeanor, was smiling.
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sserapelham on August 15th, 2012, 4:27 am

5th Summer 512 A.V.
The flawless, or at least Pelham called herself the flawless one let a small giggle out. Saxani was always able to keep up with Pelham. That's what made every single encounter interesting. Saxani had a way with words just like Pelham herself. But Pelham's entire being was synonymous with one word, perfection.

Even though the Dhani wasn't even close to being perfect in reality she had the mindset. No one should be able to out do Pelham in anything. It didn't matter if the activity was something as basic as wordplay. Pelham licked her light bottom lip very slowly from the left corner to the right.

Pelham moved shifted her steps. Now getting the hang of it she moved at a comfortable pace. Pelham moved her pale left hand up the back of the bigger Dhani female trying to comfort her some more.

Saxani's face got closer. The diva could feel the tickling sensation of Saxani's lashes on her face. There was a slight pause before Pelham spoke. The diva inched even closer until her and Saxani's lips were an inch apart. Pelham whispered.

"Since I'm the most captivating Dhani in history, You can bat your eye lashes. At me for the next hundred years if you please sweetheart.

Pelham's left hand dropped from around Saxani's back to her side. Then the left hand trailed up Saxani's stomach until her index finger was just under the chin of Saxani. Pelham tried to push Saxani's face up slowly saying.

"You'll do it much better if you look me in the eye. "

A wider smile formed on the Diva's face.
Sserapelham
Dhani Diva

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sashisaxani on August 15th, 2012, 4:41 am

The tickling did it, even if Pelham didn’t mean to. Saxani’s head reeled back and she started giggling and laughing, an odd sound that resounded from the residential cave into the caverns of Zinrah. It was incredible to find such bliss in such a dark world. Saxani’s dancing turned into more of a rocking action to the rhythm as Pelham led. She tried to temper her laughter long enough to speak with Pelham coherently.

“Why thank you, for your permission of course. It is always my pleasure to be in your grace,” Saxani said, extending her hand and distancing herself from Pelham to bow. Short of kissing Pelham’s hand, the Dhani pulled herself back in and took Pelham’s hands in her own.

“Alright, what’s the matter? Why call me over? I should be hunting, and you know that – just as much as I do – even though I’d much rather be here dancing with the most glamorouss Dhani in the nest, maybe, just maybe even prettier than the Queen… “ Saxani pulled their hands and put her index fingers over her lips and Pelham’s. “But, shhh, I didn’t ssay that.” Saxani giggled again and calmed herself to listen to Pelham, whatever her concerns might be.
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sserapelham on August 15th, 2012, 5:17 am

5th Summer 512 A.V.
The playful expression on Pelham's face changed instantly to a very serious one. The diva knew when to stop joking around, she held Saxani's hands. Her pale cheeks slowly turned pink signaling she felt great about herself after hearing the "more beautiful than the Queen" comment. No one has ever made Pelham feel that good about herself before.

One of Pelham's newest nicknames was colorful cheeks. After she mastered the human form she noticed that she was much lighter than a lot of the Dhani in Zinrah. Her blonde hair wasn't exactly the most common hair color in Zinrah either. As a result a lot of the emotions Pelham felt showed in her face easy. If she was angry her face turned red, that color was seen from Pelham plenty of times.

"Well thank you, hon. You don't know how good that makes me feel um better than the Queen. But yes, the reason I called you was extremely serious.

Pelham thought back to previous years when Saxani would go hunting with a bow only. It always left an uneasy feeling in the diva. Saxani was like Pelham's family. Her mother, Ssera, was gone now thankfully due to natural causes. So everytime Pelham saw Saxani go out hunting she feared the worst. Saxani didn't know up close fighting skills weapon wise. Sometimes wrestling wasn't enough, Pelham thought.

Pelham however, was skilled with the Kama blades. The diva wanted to teach Saxani to use them so she'd have the option to defend herself hand to hand without having to throw her entire body out there recklessly.

Staring Saxani in the eyes, Pelham's own eyes became a slight bit watery at the thought of losing Saxani to outside danger. Saxani was the only person inside the nest that could trigger such emotions other than the queen. The diva's grip on Saxani's hand weakened.

"Ssaxani, I may not show it. But you're like a ssister to me. When I watch you go out there with just that ranged weapon I wonder what could happen if they get close. The Myrians. We're strong, us Dhani. And I know you should be hunting but I refuse to let you go out there again without learning how to use a blade. You should have choices. And....I can't bare the thought of losing you. "

Pelham knew she'd go mad if she ever lost Saxani to the Myrians. The diva let go of her hands and turned to grab the wooden part of both Kama with each hand. With a sharp tip at the bottom of each handle. At the top of both Kama two curved golden blades rested. These were Ssera's Kama. Pelham turned back to Saxani and reached her left hand out placing a gold Kama into Saxani's right hand.

"You knew my mother well. These were her Kama. That belongs to you now. Sort of a token to our friendship. I want to teach you how to use it."

Pelham thought not that you have a choice. I won't allow you to go.
Sserapelham
Dhani Diva

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sashisaxani on September 17th, 2012, 1:12 am

The look on Pelham’s face marked Saxani’s with one of victory. If only she could win over her prey with words alone, or a brash Myrian. Oh well, wouldn’t that be the day? It felt good to make Pelham feel good. The joy of others was joy to Saxani, more than she realized. An ardent defender of her people, it was only natural. May Siku find greater worth in it, she prayed.

Saxani listened very carefully as Pelham spoke. Her hunter instincts sometimes got the best of her with such moments of intense silence. The faint echo of flowing water from a steam pond contested with her attention for Pelham. It was key to be alert, observing all that was around you at once, while maintaining focus on your prey, and so Saxani’s eyes did fixate on Pelham’s, those endless dark eyes.

Saxani started smirking as soon as she mentioned her bow. She knew she was not yet a mistress of the string, but her shot was keen enough. Pelham pleaded her case with heart though, and it would be rude to ignore her concerns. Still, the presentation of her kama, her mother’s at that, certainly gifted to her daughter for good reason, was something she knew she couldn’t accept. The spirits would certainly be watching the transaction, and Saxani would not disappoint any lingering ghosts of Zinrah.

Saxani’s stare cooled, the heat of their laughter fading with the song of Pelham’s voice. She bowed her head, glaring at the kama. She prayed that is should never betray Pelham’s trust, and serve as a good weapon against the Myrian savage. She was certain not to take it greedily, but instead extended her hands, palms up, and allowed Pelham to grant Saxani this gift. In spite of Pelham’s determination, Saxani was already formulating plans to force Pelham to take it back in the end. She could not accept this gift. Saxani felt the same way for Pelham, and only figured it would be in her better interests to be armed with two blades over one.

Saxani stared at the kama for just a moment longer before the flowing waters totally overwhelmed her attention. Of course she knew why it bothered her so, it lead out towards the tunnels. She passed it each time she left to hunt; the ringing of the water droplets became a part of her routine. She was supposed to be hunting right now. The blade would be of no use to her in the wild. Perhaps she could spare an hour to train with Pelham, if it would ease her nerves.

“To the training gallery then,” Saxani inquired, “Certainly you don’t except us to get much use of your nook? Siku forbid I break something.” The answer was obvious, and she gave no pause to give Pelham the position of mentor for the time being. “Lead the way,” she said.

Exiting from Pelham’s cave, Saxani exchanged a blow of words. If Pelham was to be so insistant, then so could she. “Here’s a great idea too. The next time we need to do something important – you know, eat – I’ll pull you aside to learn how to shoot a bow. If we both don’t starve to death by then, we can go see who learned more in the jungle!” Saxani chuckled at her own dark commentary as they went along their merry way. Question is, do the Dhani skip when they are so full of glee? Saxani might have been, just to taunt Pelham further.
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sserapelham on September 29th, 2012, 12:59 am

5th Summer 512 A.V.
After Pelham placed the Kama into Saxani's hands she turned around and began to make her way out of the cave. Truthfully, Pelham refused to turn back to face Saxani because she'd see that a tear made it's way down Pelham's cheek very slowly at that. Those were what Pelham liked to call love tears.

The Dhani Diva could go through alot without being hurt mentally. But when it was personal that was different. And she had to maintain her tough image. Saxani had only seen Pelham cry one time. That was when her mother, Ssera died of old age in Pelham's cave. It was a dark day for the Dhani Diva but at the same time she was thankful her mother did go in battle.

"Of course I lead the way, that's how it's suppose to be. Me, the reason this cave eats in the first place. Taking the leave. Me, the reason you all wake up in the morning. Because you get to see my beautiful face on the hunt."

Pelham's sniffles were replaced by the same cocky attitude she had all the time. Saxani always had an equally smart response for Pelham, the Diva knew it. That's why their conversations were never actually dull like alot of the other Dhani.

"And I'd love that. Eating is overrated. I'm glad you'd stop the hunt just to come see me. Damn Saxani, I knew I was important but you just make ME FEEL LIKE I'M the DAMN QUEEN."

That last part Pelham made sure to scream out loud. Sure, she had respect for the Queen. But Pelham didn't exactly love her. That being because Pelham thought everyone should worship her, and listen to her. The only time Pelham mocked the Queen was in front of close friends she knew wouldn't tell. Once Pelham and Saxani arrived in the training gallery she finally faced Saxani again and waited for her friend to get settled in.
Sserapelham
Dhani Diva

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sashisaxani on September 29th, 2012, 2:01 am

Saxani had a way with Pelham, which was for sure. Saxani valued Pelham’s exuberance and pride too much to wipe her tears. What she was experiencing was the realization all Dhani went through in a list time, was it not? She heard everything though, silently observing her sister. No amount of crashing water would hide those tears from Saxani. Should anyone ever be on the other end of those tears… Saxani’s grip on the kama merely tightened as if to strangle the handle. She looked down at the weapon remembering Pelham’s mother as well. That’s why these two got along so well, they thought a like so much. Part of Saxani felt as if Ssera were still watching her; she did believe the spirits lingered to guard the nest as much as the Myrians served in their Shadow Guard.

She knew she’d get some sass back from Pelham, but this Queen thing might have gone to her head. It was forgivable so long as no one overheard, yes? No one overheard the echoing pride rolling through the tunnels…right? Saxani took a deep breath to calm her anxiety over the matter. The solution was easy. She’d just have to beat up anyone who threatened Pelham. Saxani did what she could it make it known she was after the Queen’s own heart and pride. Surely her words could convince others of Pehlam’s playfulness. If not, maybe she could persuade the Queen to spare Pelham? Saxani, persuasive? It could happen!

Walking through the tunnels was boring, walking that is. Two legs were slower than a single tail, ironically. Saxani spent the time playing with the kama in the interim. She got a handle on it, eventually finding it felt best in her left hand, much like she would her bow. The blade was balanced awkwardly in her opinion. The weight of the curve was the distinction from the knives she was used to. She gave it a swing, the kama making some awkward carve in the air. This training session would be so weird. She got a strange look from a passerby, probably taken back by the human form and playful attitude toward a weapon. She added a little swing in her hips and licked the blade, just to tease. When in the clear she looked back to make sure Pelham didn’t catch her flirting around… She’d be terribly jealous of any male that would take her Saxani, naturally. When they were in the training gallery, Saxani awaited Pelham’s orders. Pelham was the teacher today. A nod would confirm any question of her readiness.
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next