My Thoughts & Ideas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

My Thoughts & Ideas

Postby Phoenix_Shadow on May 6th, 2010, 6:34 pm

Ok, today is a good day for me. I have semi-creative ideas flowing through my brain. My first thoughts concern the possible creation of a new race. Should I kind of explain myself here or privately to someone. I have thought of a couple options for fun character races. Albiet maybe a bit bizaar but they come from my brain so be warned.

For race of of 3 (Or all 3 if anyone thinks that is necessary). I had a though of a approximately human sized dragon looking race (Called the Draconians). Not as powerful as a full flegged dragon but have wings and other traits in appearance to dragons. Another one I was thinking was a race that I was insipired by the Kelvic race but more so. I magine a humanoid that was transformed instead of just one animal several animal traits (Don't get rediculous of course Nothing like a bear-fish mix). However they look humanoid but with minimal animal traits, maybe some minor benefits. (Call this race idea Balluians) and the last idea that in just in it's infancy is a Elemental touched human type of race. (I have yet to hash out the ideas yet)

I had a class idea also (I use the term class loosely) and that was Dragoon I intended this to be used with the Draconians race. These are their "Warrior" class that are charged with the protection of their race and are often sent on quests to find ways to prolong the generation of their species or to find out about other races in case the war ever relapsed as it did so long ago.

That's it for now. If you need more description or anything let me know I just wanted to give you a taste and the Elemental touched (Thinking of calling them Tangerian race)

Derik :ninja:
Phoenix_Shadow
Player

Words: 7089
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2009, 1:56 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

My Thoughts & Ideas

Postby Liminal on May 6th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Hey :)

Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

As of right now, we've got 23 playable races listed on the Race List. That's a pretty large number, and in order to keep things from getting unwieldy, we decided a while back that we weren't doing any race development at the moment.

A sort of "racial protector" kind of person might be interesting -- it seems to me that this is the sort of quest that might be assigned by a race's patron god(dess)(es). (Les'n you're an Akvatari, in which case you're just out of luck ^_~) If it were me developing it, I might approach it from that direction.

Thanks again!
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

My Thoughts & Ideas

Postby Phoenix_Shadow on May 7th, 2010, 6:04 pm

I guess there goes my race idea however thanks for the feedback
it gave me an idea for my current character. Not sure how it will work.
Time will tell.
Phoenix_Shadow
Player

Words: 7089
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2009, 1:56 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet