[Flashback] Of Death and Beyond (Merinil)

Where Eanos is introduced to the Dark Side

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Kingdom of Sultros is made up of five cities; Sultros, Vizerian, Coglias, Terras and Pitrius along with their own Citadels. In addition, the Kingdom encompasses hundreds of square miles of mountainous, nearly inhospitable land. Trading posts, border posts and a number of unique, exotic and often dangerous sites exist both above ground and below.

Postby Eanos on August 21st, 2012, 9:11 pm

Sultros, 43rd Fall, 496

The Silver Tower was of course the power base for the Pitrius clan, and it was an honour that some of the other clans were dubious about since they were also likely the most corrupt of the clans. They were also the smallest and as such it was unlikely that any of those who attended the Silver Tower were unfamiliar to the others, even if that recognition was only by sight.

Of those students of the Silver Tower, Eanos was a relative latecomer, even if his place was assured. His first apprenticeship was in the skills of working metal and now he had taken his place for the second apprenticeship.

It was just outside the Tower grounds that Eanos found himself now, pacing along just outside the silver triangles that marked the edges of the grounds and which warded entry against those that were not entitled to enter. Frustration gnawed at his heart and his stiff paces showed it.
Last edited by Eanos on August 22nd, 2012, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Merinil on August 21st, 2012, 11:21 pm

It wasn't rare to see Merinil wander around the Silver Tower. Not in it, but actually around it, walking the 'gardens' and looking at the endless plants and fish.

Today was no different.

A very bothered looking Pitrius was pacing outside of the barriers to the Silver Tower. From this distance, she couldn't tell whether or not he was a student, although most who weren't students rarely bothered to come down here. He steps were stiff and he looked worried, or frustrated, or both or neither and she didn't really care to know why. But for the sake of politeness, she slowly walked towards the Pitrius to ask.

"What's on your mind, Pitrius?"

TimestampI'm making the timestamp 43 of fall.
„ As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity. “
Merinil
I am strength.

Words: 13513
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eanos on August 22nd, 2012, 12:20 pm

Eanos jerked to a halt at the sound of the voice, his thoughts jumbling into confusion. He glanced over and then looked again, more closely this time wondering what the interest of this woman was and if her intention was helpful or scornful. The latter was the automatic assumption and yet his second glance had dispelled that assumption for there could be no assumption that she was from another clan and so no automatic clan rivalry. Her gnosis mark suggested also that he ought to have known her.

Time had fractured as the thoughts spun in his mind and even as he realised this he realised too that she likely was used to this reaction and so he decided not to speak of it for all that his glance had rested overly long on her arm before it reached her face once more.

"Many things," he replied, "though they seem less important now." He paused. Should he trust her? Would it matter? Probably.

He jerked his head at the Tower, "I came here with a plan in my mind and yet my studies have not yet revealed how that might come to fruition and instead I seem to be immersed in side trails, though they might be interesting side trails."

"The name is Eanos by the way. What brings you here if I might ask?"
He was sure he would have recognised her more fully had she been a student here for her arm was unusual and distinctive.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Merinil on August 22nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

"I'm always here." She took a few steps closer. It was almost always awkward interacting with other people in the Pitrius clan.

"Which magic are you learning? Magecraft? Reimancy? Voiding?" If one looked close enough, they'd notice scars on her arm from Malediction, though they could be from Animation or anything else that required blood to work. Sentinels of the Silver Tower were always interesting, even if she had no desire to be one. It was very odd, the difference between her interactions with that of Pitrius than with that of any other clan. With Pirtius, she was more cold, distant, maybe even curious as if she were looking on the outside in of the conversation. But with any other clan, she was bold, loud and quite rude.
„ As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity. “
Merinil
I am strength.

Words: 13513
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eanos on August 23rd, 2012, 12:29 pm

Always here? It answered the question which had been in his mind and he considered her anew.

He hesitated before answering but then shrugged to himself for the natural caution which made him hedge his words. Sometimes the straightforward answer was the one least looked for from one of his clan and the least likely to be believed. Misdirection was always better performed when bedded in the truth.

"My studies work towards Magecraft, so at the moment I'm trying to learn a broad base of other magics." Magecraft, as far as he'd figured it so far wasn't so much a form of magic in itself as it was the way that other forms could be amplified.

"But I'd hoped for faster progress." His right arm showed it's own scars, difficult as they might be to form on the tough skin of an Isur, but his were the result of hot metal on the whole. "All I wanted was a way of enhancing my skills as a smith, but I guess that I should have known better than to assume that it would be easy or quick."

He was curious as to why she was here and what her aims were, but there would be time for that.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes