[Flashback]Feel it(Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

[Flashback]Feel it(Solo)

Postby I'sona on August 28th, 2012, 10:18 pm

14 of Winter, 495AV

Her mother’s hands encompassed hers and she closed her eyes carefully trying to picture what the others did so easily. But her legs twitched idly and no matter how she tried she couldn’t understand what they did.

“Go on, help it grow.”

Her hands pressed around coral carefully and nothing but silence reigned. “I can’t do it!”

The young Charoda ripped her hands away, they had been doing this for bells and nothing had happened. She didn’t understand! The coral didn’t seem to react to her at all.

“Why can’t I do it?”

At this point her mother said nothing. Rather she reached for her daughters hands and placed them on the coral again. This time she held I’sona’s hand in place firmly, speaking quietly by her ear.

“Stop thinking,” pressure on her temple, "feel it."

Growing the coral had seemed like it was going to be simple but it wasn’t. Everyone always said it was easy but it just wasn’t! Every time it seemed like something would happen the tiny plant would just do nothing. And for more than a many chimes after her mores words the tiny Charoda simply stared at the coral, unaware her mother had long since left I’sona to try by herself.

A trail of bubbles finally exploded from her mouth after a bell and she unfolded her legs. They had long since fallen asleep, tiny needles exploding at the movement and stopping her concentrated silent plea for the coral to grow. Frustration began to creep up behind her, the coral didn't like her so why should she help it grow?

Putting a halt on her mild ire I'sona stood up on wobbly legs, the needle sensation getting worse, and turned to swim away. But she couldn't move. The feeling had spread, the needles turned to tingles that spread all over and tightened her muscles. She felt compact, buzzing beneath her skin and a not unpleasant tugging somewhere and nowhere at the same time. Turning back the Charoda fell on her butt and stared at the coral, her eyes looking dazed and her jaw hanging open.

"I don't get it."

This is Common (Basic)
This is Char (Fluent)

Alts: Matthaus
I'sona
The Sea Fisher

Words: 45654
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes