Let In The Spring (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Let In The Spring (open)

Postby Khiara on May 13th, 2010, 3:26 am

Laughing along with the drykas as she enforced the idea of dancing, Khiara allowed herself to be led to the bar, weaving between patrons and smiling all the while. Her liquid eyes were a bright, excitable violet and when she was drawn to the wood top of the bar, she tapped on it lightly with one hand.

"Drinks..please!" She said, blushing at her sudden loudness. It was enough to set her giggling again, before she took a breath and smiled at the patiently waiting barkeep.

"Uh...two mugs of your spiced wine?" Khiara said with a questioning glance at Kashik. The drykas didn't seem the type to sit and sedately sip wine. Looking back at the keep, she held up a finger.

"And four of those...small shots...the hard clear stuff. Burns the throat. Four of those." Waiving her hand, she looked around the buzzing tavern. There were so many people, so many voices, and the music all but drowned her. It wasn't that Khiara didn't dance...she just didn't dance like these women. Pointing to one of the beautiful tanned patrons, snaking her way though an elegant and exotic bellydance, Khiara turned to Kashik.

"If that is what you mean by dancing, then I have to admit, I really can't dance. We have a different dance at home. Lots of clapping, slapping...very energetic." Turning back to the twisting turning girl, she shook her head.

"I don't even think my spine can do that. Or my hips." As their drinks were placed on the bar, Khiara paid the keep, before picking up a shot in both hands, handing one to Kashik. She held it up in a sort of celebratory toast.

"To drinking!" The tipsy brunette declared, before bumping the glass against Kashiks and downing the harsh spirit in one gulp. Wincing, she banged the empty vessel onto the wooden bar, coughing and spluttering through the burn.
Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Let In The Spring (open)

Postby Kashik on May 19th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Kashik immediately grabbed her own shot and held it up when Khiara did. "To drinking!" she howled, laughing, and threw the shot back as well.

She gave a short cough, and slammed the empty glass onto the table as well. "Whoooo!" she sighed, turning her back to the bar - only to jump up and plant her ass on it instead. "Gods, that stuff does not mess around. Here, quick, do the other one before the burning stops," she said, shoving the second shot into Khiara's hands and picking up hers, swallowing that in one long gulp. "Blech. Gah. Why do we drink this mess?" she giggled, sipping at the spiced wine to get the taste off her tongue. "Well. Oh! Dancing! Yeah, no, I can't do that either," she giggled, turning her attention to the belly dancer. "I mean, I could probably fake it, but it'd look like humping instead of dancing," she snickered, winking to Khiara.

"But! There's other ways of dancing. I bet my Pavilion has a bonfire going it you want to run over there? We're traveling with Endrykas for the summer, so the whole lot of us are set up over on that side of camp," she said with a wave of her hand - in the exact opposite direction of Van and Pygmy's tent and the Denusk Pavilion, which meant little to no chance of running into any of them. "If there's a fire, that means there'll be music and dancing. And if there's not, we'll start one and get them dancing," she snickered.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Words: 136797
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 2:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Let In The Spring (open)

Postby Khiara on May 20th, 2010, 10:53 am

Taking the other shot of spirits, Khiara coughed as she placed the empty glass down, shuddering from head to toe. Indeed, it was a good question. Why did they drink it? Picking up her wine, she smiled up at the woman sitting on the bar. Taking a sip of the fruity beverage, she almost spluttered it across the room as Kashik explained what her attempt at the belly dance would be. Swallowing with a reckless laugh, she leaned on the wooden bar top.

"A bonfire? In this weather? In Avanthal, we only have a bonfire when the season is really cold." Staring into her wine with bright violet eyes, swimming almost as drunkenly as she with trails of gold, Khiara tipped it up and gulped down half, before putting back on the bar with a quiet belch. The direction Kashik indicated was a good direction. It was safe from her accidentally stumbling up on her friends and making an absolute fool of herself. Snorting suddenly at the thought, she nodded.

"Alright! Kashik, I would love to meet your pavlon...see your pavilin...see your bunfire." Stopping, she recalculated what she needed to say.

"I would love to go and see your pavilion!"
Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Artist (1)

Let In The Spring (open)

Postby Kashik on May 24th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Kashik giggled as her new friend stumbled through her words, but she certainly wasn't one to blame her - after all, she'd had more to drink than Khiara had.

"Anytime is good for a bonfire!" she crowed, hugging herself a moment as bright teal eyes focused on Khiara. "Not for warmth, but for merriment. It makes everything so much more fun," she laughed. "Plus, everyone looks more handsome in flickering firelight," she said with a wink.

"We sure as hell do!" her brother laughed, sneaking up beside Kashik and shoving her off the bar. The girl gave a squeak and tumbled to the floor, then laid on her back and just giggled uncontrollably for a while. Her brother, however, set the plate of food down on the bar and turned dark green eyes on the Vantha - along with that familiar beaming smile. "Hello there," he chuckled. "I'm Eamonn. I don't believe my little sister's introduced us, so I'll have to do that all on my own."

"She's coming to the bonfire!" Kashik giggled from the floor.

"Well then," the young man laughed, grabbing up the plate in one hand and Khiara's hand in the other, "best we get to it before they've drunk all the wine! Up, you," he laughed, kicking Kashik in the ass while she giggled some more and clambered to her feet.

The three of them made it to the Pavilion in short order, though it was at the furthest edge of Endrykas - and it was clear that this was their tent, for the crowd gathered around the bonfire was just as boisterous as the two she was with. Someone was playing the drums and another had a silver flute, and they caroused around the firepit like children on holiday. Which, well, most of them were on holiday, having only just arrived in Endrykas and more than happy to throw a party to celebrate. "We've brought a guest!" Eamonn shouted, which got a chorus of hellos! and welcomes! from the twenty or so people who were gallivanting around.

The young man shoved the plate at his sister, then with a grin he dragged Khiara into the rather lively dance being conducted near the flickering light. The steps were simple and unchoreographed, mainly involving a lot of bouncing and skipping and laughing, and after she scarfed down a measure of her food Kashik joined them, giggling once more. "Having fun?" she asked, winking to Khiara.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Words: 136797
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 2:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Let In The Spring (open)

Postby Tundris on October 17th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Kashik
+2 Leadership
+1 Dancing
+1 Leadership
+1 Observation
+1 Singing
Lores:
Moderating the Drinking of Others, The Tell Tale Signs of Intoxication, Khiara of the Snowsong Hold, The Forgetfulness of Drunks, First Vantha Encounter, Giving Foreigners Advice, Squashing Doubt in the Shy

Khiara
+1 Dancing
+1 Observation
+1 Rhetoric
+1 Storytelling
Lores:
Letting Go of What Weighs on the Heart, Craving Company, Kashik of the Brightsmile Pavilion, The Strength of Drykas Ale, Social Obligations and Love Conundrums, Advice From A Drykas Dynamo, Expressing Joy Despite Pain, The Dramatic Social Antics of Drykas, Sharing in Drykas Celebration

Notes: The song lyrics were so hilarious, I am always so amused by Kashik's behaviour. Khiara I gave you a point in dancing even though you didn't rp a response to Kashik pulling her into the crowd of dancing by the fire because its pretty obvious she was in a state of 'letting go'. Response from her or not, she had to have been dancing and having fun!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Previous