Closed Meeting the Thirdwife (Denen)

Leto meets up with Denen in the Sunsinger's pavillion for a little chat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Meeting the Thirdwife (Denen)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on September 28th, 2012, 6:32 am

Timestamp: 3rd of Fall, 512 A.V.

Leto arrived from doing business with the Reimancers, back at the newly created Sunsinger camp, and decided to take a nap. Upon entering his tent, he would lay down on the mat, and fall into a deep slumber. Waking up was easy enough, and he decided that it might be time to speak with Denen about certain... subjects, that Denen might find to be wrongful of him. He remembered the drunken kiss that he had once given Denen, and his foolishness in doing it, he wouldn't repeat the mistake. Denen was Sama'el's, and Leto wanted to be Sama'els as well, but he felt that he needed Denen's permission for some reason, even though he knew it was ultimately up to Sama'el. He didn't want Denen to feel that he was intruding upon his territory, but Leto firmly believed in polygamy, and the thought that a man could have as many wives, or... husbands in the case of their pavilion, as he wanted. Being the Ankal of the Sunsingers, Sama'el would pick and chose his mates, as much as he wanted.

Leto was simply a teacher to Sama'el, but during his time teaching him, he had found a man he truly respected, and loved. Not in the brotherly sort of love that perhaps Ronan loved Sama'el, but in a true love fashion, one where he wanted to be as close to Sama'el as possible. But with Denen already taking up that mantle, Leto didn't know if there was room for him as well. Thus, the need to speak with Denen, and make sure he wasn't intruding upon the younger drykas' territory. They had lived, fought, and been together since Leto had met Sama'el nearly two years ago. And during their adventure to Taldera, they had grown even closer. When the Djed storm claimed the last of Leto's Pavilion, save for himself, Sama'el took him in with open arms. It was true that Leto had fallen deeply in love with Sama'el, but for some reason, he still felt the need to speak with Denen first, rather than Sama'el himself.

Making his way over towards where Denen was, he slowly approached him, and then said, "Denen... I have something I'd like to speak with you about..." And a simple tap upon the shoulder before he spoke would signify that Leto wanted to speak to the deaf younger drykas, and see if he couldn't find a way for them both to be happy, and be with Sama'el...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 28th, 2012, 7:08 am

Outside the tents, Denen had filled a tub of water and was in the process of bathing the cub. He had pulled up a stump of a chair, and was scrubbing dirt and muck out of the chubby baby's fur. The cub seemed quite content in the water, and splashed around as he squawked and mewled. “...And P-Papa flipp...flipped right off his horse, and scooped D-Denen-Mama up!” The cub looked up to him with wide, dark eyes. Denen was quite certain he saw human intelligence there. As he spoke, he scooped the cub out of the bath and wound a long scrap of cloth around him to begin drying him off. The cub squirmed at this, but Denen kept hold of him. He had carefully, but rather poorly sewed a little tunic out of scraps for the cub the night before, and tugged it onto him now with a satisfied nod. “Aren't you the handsomest little boy in all of Endrykas?” When the cub seemed discontent with his little outfit, Denen shook his head. “I am sorry, but little Sunsinger boys cannot run around in the nude. Even if they have handsome fur coats.”

Having milked the goat earlier, he now cradled the cub in his lap and fed him from a rag he dipped in the milk and let the baby suck from. He was sitting thus when Leto found him, and he looked up with a smile and a nod, gesturing for Leto to come sit in front of him so that he could actually see his lips when he was being spoken to. As he spoke to Leto, he signed, hoping that eventually Leto would catch on and be able to use it in return. Talking was, for Denen, exhausting.

“Is everything all right?” He asked, while scolding the cub for being a greedy, impatient little thing. He kept his eyes on Leto.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on September 28th, 2012, 9:36 am

Leto did indeed sit in front of him, so that Denen could read his lips. He was well aware of the deafness that plagued Denen, and tried to do everything he could to accommodate him. He had even began to learn a bit of the grassland signing that Denen did, in order to be able to speak with him properly. But for now, he wouldn't sign, he'd merely respond to Denen's signing, as he had learned to read it, but not yet comprehended how to actually do it. At least as fast as Denen could do it, and as fluently. "Well... you see, I wanted to talk to you about Sama'el..." started Leto, as he briefly looked down towards the ground, his face flush and hot from the possible embarrassment that he felt in discussing this topic with Denen. "You see, I've always felt like a teacher to him," Leto continued, his obsidian gaze looking back up towards Denen, so that Denen could read his lips. "But over the past year... I think it may have developed into something more than the student teacher relationship that it started out being... I actually... feel for him now, in more a way than a friend should..."

Sighing again, he turned his eyes towards Denen. "And I know that you and him have an extremely close relationship... And I shouldn't have to ask your permission like this in our society, given polygamy is quite common... but i'm going to anyways. Denen, I've felt this way about Sama'el for a very long time, not as long as you, obviously, but long enough... long enough that it's going to come bursting out anytime now if I don't let it out, and i'm not sure it's going to come out in a good fashion. So, I figured i'd tell you first. I love Sama'el, Denen, much more than a drykas male ever should... and i'm going to tell him sometime within the next few days. I just... I don't want there to be any hard feelings between the two of us, if and when I do..." he finished, his obsidian gaze shifting towards the ground again, and then back towards Denen, so he could see his grassland sign, and aptly respond to it, depending on what he said...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 28th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Denen had done very well as far as communicating went. He remembered very few sounds. A few lullabies from his childhood. The sounds horses made. But very few of them remained, and he held as tightly to them as he possibly could. Still, most of the time, he did not feel anger for having lost his hearing. He craved one sound above all else, and he had faith that one day, Rak'keli would show him mercy and allow him that small blessing. He watched Leto's lips now, while the cub finished up his lunch, and could not help but smile quietly to himself. He had such suspicions for some time now, though Leto's drunken kiss and flirtings had left him confused. He was, admittedly, a bit surprised that Leto had even come to him, rather than having Sam do so. Denen was not, of course, an official wife, but he lived as much as one of Sama'el's wives as he could have. Having grown up in a family where every man had multiple wives, Denen was not put off by the idea of Sam having multiple lovers of varying genders.

When Leto had finished speaking, Denen paused to consider his words. He did not want to rush into saying something that might sound callous. Denen was, after all, considerate of the feelings of his friends. And Leto was family now. He reached across, smiling still, and touched Leto's wrist. “Sama'el is my husband, Leto. But we are Drykas, and I do not have single claim to his heart or body. I know he loves me. I am not jealous of the others he takes and loves, because I know it will not alter the affection he holds for me.” He sat back, pensive. Soft hair fell across his cheek, and he shook his head. “I know your ache, my friend. Do not feel that I will hinder your relationship with him. I ask only one thing: that we harbor no jealousy. Sam is not my possession. I am his.” He leaned in to kiss Leto's cheek. “For what it's worth, you have my blessing. I look forward to welcoming you into our tent.”
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on September 29th, 2012, 1:53 am

Relieved by the fact that Denen had given him his blessing, Leto blushed a bit when the younger drykas kissed him upon the cheek. "Thank you Denen," he said, looking towards him through soft obsidian orbs. "And do not worry, I harbor no jealousy toward you for your love with Sama'el. Everyone loves people differently, and perhaps it will look the same, but it will feel different from the way that you love Sama'el... each love is individual to the person... and I feel my love with be something between myself and Sama'el, will not infringe upon the love that you and Sama'el share," he finished. Allowing his eyes to fall towards the ground a bit, he looked up towards Denen again, and smiled.

"I will be happy to join your tent... more warmth during the winter, but first I must speak with Sama'el about this, and see what he feels, if he feels the same way that is..." he finished, and then awaited for a response from Denen, to see if there was anything else for them to discuss. If there was, Leto would gladly discuss it, and would listen intently to anything that Denen had to say, and wished to discuss...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 29th, 2012, 2:44 am

He nodded in confirmation, touching Leto's shoulder. He brushed the backs of his fingers along Leto's jaw. “Shh. Y-You...don't have...have to...explain t-to me.” He smiled. “I know how it works. I am the son of a third wife. My mother died when I was born, but I grew up with my father's two living wives and my brothers' wives running around. I do not know how your Pavilion was, but for me, this is how it ought to be. I entered my union with Sama'el knowing full well that others would come along.” He smiled and offered Leto the cub to hold. He fiddled with a crisping blade of grass and sighed lightly.

Denen's slim hands reached out to collect Leto's, and for a moment he was quiet, thoughtful. After a moment, he drew them back so that he could speak. “I think he will surprise you. I never thought that he would want me, but once he...” He bit his lower lip, and his cheeks went hot. He leaned close, narrowing his bright eyes. “He will be gentle. Sometimes too gentle, for fear of hurting you. It...takes some coaxing. And sometimes a lot of teasing.” He flashed a cheeky grin. “But it is wonderful. If he welcomes you into his tent, you will see.”
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on September 30th, 2012, 1:07 am

"Yes... i'm sure I shall see if he does welcome me into his tent... and i'm sure i'll be surprised. Gentle is good," he stated plainly, looking towards Denen, and then allowing his eyes to downcast towards the ground. "I still have my doubts though... as to whether i'm ready or not. I mean, I've never actually loved someone before, so I don't know if this is considered love or not... I just know that I feel so strongly for Sama'el, that i'd probably do anything for him..." As he spoke, he simply continued to look towards the ground, not quite knowing what else to say, despite Denen's reassurances. It was all quite confusing for him really, and he didn't want Denen to think of him as... well, as someone with false feelings for Sama'el.

Leto didn't know if his love was true love, or just a facet of his ever changing manliness, but in the end, what did it matter? He felt strongly for Sama'el, and in doing so, would do anything to assist him, teach him, or help him out. Perhaps Denen would have some wiser advice for him, but he wouldn't know unless he allowed the young drykas the chance to speak, which he more than certainly did at that point in time...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on September 30th, 2012, 2:27 am

Denen gave a small smile. "He was my first," he offered. "We were...drunk. He felt guilty after, but it was just what I wanted it to be. I have loved Sam for a long while. First as my brother, and then as my husband." He smoothed out his tunic, and his soft eyes studied Leto. Denen was, for his youth, a boy who had seen much, and lived through unspeakable grief and loss. He knew well how to measure what was important.

After a moment of silent contemplation, he allowed his fingers to speak. "I knew when I realized that a life without him was no life at all. When all I truly wanted was to spend the rest of my days caring for him. Giving him happiness. I did not want to awaken next to anyone else. And when he accepted that from me, it was as though every possibility was opened for me."

He gave his silent, shaking laugh. "I understand your...confusion, Leto. I suppose when the time comes, whether this just be a stepping stone or a total union, you will know where your heart wishes to settle."
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leto Sunsinger on September 30th, 2012, 9:11 pm

"I do believe I understand where you're coming from... And I thank you for the talk Denen, it gives me a lot to think about... and to talk with Sama'el about..." said Leto, nodding his head to the younger drykas. Out of the entire Pavilion, Leto was the oldest drykas, but probably the most inexperienced with the world around him. He had never been in love before, never laid eyes upon a woman, only men, had never fought for himself outside of the brief lessons the diamond pavilion had given him in glaive. He needed to start doing more for himself, and for the pavilion. Perhaps his bonding with Sama'el would be the first step in a long process of becoming something more than himself, something for the pavilion. Perhaps... perhaps he'd finally become what he wanted to be, a true Drykas. Yes he could ride, and yes, he had his windmarks because Arias had chosen him. But at the same time, he didn't feel as though he had really accomplished anything in his time in Endrykas, which happened to be his entire life.

With that, he felt his conversation with Denen was over with, that is, unless Denen had anything else to speak with him about. If so, Leto would be more than happy to speak with Denen about it. Perhaps, since Denen was gifted by the healing gnosis, they could create more healing glyphs for their pavilion, such as he and Kavala had done before their trip to Taldera. Leto would have to question him about that, someday, but perhaps today was not necessarily the day to do so. He had to rest himself to prepare to speak with Sama'el tomorrow, as the tension was getting a bit too high for him this day, and his anxiety was starting to get to him a bit...
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Character sheet