[Flashback] Dream A Little Dream [Ursus]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Re: [Flashback] Dream A Little Dream [Ursus]

Postby Arabella Sintos on August 4th, 2009, 6:27 am

Arabella didn't know the man that held her, didn't know if she could truly trust him or if he would just turn around and betray her to save himself, he was a former slave by the looks of it but really, could she blame him if he did do such a thing? No, she couldn't because it was her own fault for involving him in the first place. If he turned her in in exchange for his own safety..well, she wouldn't exactly understand, but she wouldn't hate him for it. Couldn't hate someone she didn't really know. Even with such thoughts running through her head, she clung still to Erasmus, keeping herself steady and warm against him as his mule sprinted through the forest, almost as fast as Arabella was in her Tiger form or perhaps even faster. Fat snowflakes landed on Ara's cheek and nose, the snow drifting like beautiful god made lace. Of course she couldn't marvel at such beauty, her very life was on the line at the moment as was Erasmus'.

It had to be so wonderful to no longer be held in slavery, she admired the handsome man for being strong enough to some escape, since he mentioned how his freedom wasn't exactly purchased. She smiled, wondering if he had felt the way she had when he escaped, though she doubted he had trackers like Eck after him when he made his bid for freedom. She shivered, her chin quivering before she spoke again, her voice no louder then a whisper. "What is freedom like?" A silly question perhaps, but she wanted to know nonetheless. "How does it feel?" She wanted to ask if it was worth it, but that question she didn't need to ask, she knew it was worth it and she would do anything to get to that point.

The sound of hoofs striking against the frozen snow covered land reached her keen ears easily enough, hell they were loud enough for Erasmus to hear as well. Ara looked up at him, saw the look of frustration and fear on his face as he spurred his mule on harder, knowing that if they were caught...well, that wasn't an option. Arabella closed her eyes and prayed to Nysel, prayed that the God would protect his little dreamer and the man who was risking his life and his freedom for her. "Don't let him get hurt." She prayed softly, offering up a need for his safety moreso then her own, it wasn't his fault that he had gotten mixed up in all this.

Ara's ear pricked, as though tuned to Eck's voice, his slimy disgusting voice as he spoke claim on the slave girl. Had he been promised 'time' with her in exchange for tracking her down?! Oh gods...she was going to be sick to her stomach at just the thought, the motion of the mule most definitely did not help that feeling at all. She wasn't his! She was no ones! She needed that freedom, needed to be able to escape slavery and be her own person, but each time she tried...it just didn't really work. She wanted to scream at the little hunchback, tell him to just leave her be, but such would be a foolish act and waste energy that she didn't really even have. So she was silent, trying not to cry in fear for herself and Erasmus. The young man threatened his mule, seeking to get her to go faster, but Arabella could see that it wasn't going to happen, Jordie wasn't going to be able to get them away from those that pursued them...but was there another option? She hadn't saved up enough energy to really run off on her own, she'd drop not long after running and be overtaken rather quickly.

At this point there wasn't much that could be done, Ara was in a silent panic, her heart pounding as Erasmus tried thinking on what could be done. She was ready to give up in order to save Erasmus from being taken as well, she couldn't be the cause of another suffering, she couldn't. Before Ara could mention about giving up though, Erasmus announced that he actually had a plan. Relief hit like a wave of cold water, perhaps they weren't caught just yet. The mule came to a stop at the mouth of a cave and Ara was lifted down gently from the mule. She saw the look on his face and her heart broke with him as he sent the mule off into the woods. She sent a small prayer off with the mule, one for protection for her new 'friend's' animal.

Arabella curled up in Erasmus' arms, so ready to cry that she was barely choking back a sob, she was so scared, so tired, just physically and emotionally spent. She wanted to apologize a thousand times over for getting him into all this, even when he said he wasn't sorry. She hadn't meant for this to happen, hadn't meant for anyone else to get involved. She could smell Eck, his disgusting smell was hard to miss especially when it was so close to where she was. Would he fall for the trick or would he know what they had done and find them, find her? "I'm so sorry Erasmus." She said softly, a tear streaking down her cheek, her amber eyes filled with so many conflicting emotions, mostly regret and fear. "I didn't mean for anyone else to get pulled into this...I just...I had to escape."

Ara pulled at the chain with a sigh, she didn't know how to get the damnable collar off and the chain was a hindrance, even in her tiger form she couldn't get it off. She curled up closer to Erasmus, her only source of warm and even comfort, something she hadn't had in a long time, if ever really. She never really had a friend that she could trust and while she had only just met Erasmus, he had shown more kindness to her then she had ever been shone in her life.
Arabella Sintos
Living My Life Through Grey Eyes

Words: 24354
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2009, 11:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 4th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Erasmus navigated the pitch black cave through trial and error. Although he had spent time in the cave before, previously he had always carried a torch. It is funny how little things like light make a big difference. Now the only light came from behind them and with light brought the slavers, brought Arabella to the slavers.

His arms ached yet he did not complain. His legs stumbled but he willed himself to continue on. The human wished for the first time he was one of those spider people that could see in the dark, what was their name? Symenestra?

He needed some rest. Erasmus felt around for a spot to stop and take a breather. Arabella's cradled body was gently placed on the ground and Erasmus half collapsed next to her. Luckily he had the forethought to bring the canteen and he offered it to the escaped Kelvic slave. He massaged his neck for a bit before whispering.

"You ask me how freedom is? Well it can be as horrible as slavery sometimes. Being freed from bondage does not necessarily mean you do not have obligations. Life is never easy, well it may be for some, but most of the time living is a hard prospect."
He took a couple deep gulps and threw a arm over Arabella's shoulder. "But on the other hand it can be as wonderful as a warm spring breeze. To call no man master is a flavor so sweet it makes a cake taste like dirt.

"But it can be lonely for an escapee. I cannot go into any city for fear of being caught. I have not seen my father and sister for a long time, are they even still alive or did my master's wife take her revenge on them? I cannot even tell people my real name..."
His voice trailed off for a second. "Which is Erasmus but I usually tell people my name is Ed. Ed? What a funny name! Who would name their child that?!" He laughed softly.

"Anyways, enough of me, tell me about you. What do you plan once you get your freedom?"

The riders stopped, angered and upset. They formed a circle around a solitary Mule who had led them on a fruitless goosechase. Frustrated the leader of the slavers took out his bow, notched an arrow and fired it into Jordie the mule's throat. The poor mule gurgled and fell to the ground.

"Damn!" The leader cursed. "Where's that damn hunchback?" He looked around and did not see Eck the hunchback.

"Let's go back, they must have gotten off somewhere in between here and the logging camp! They cannot be far! Find them! And find that damn cripple!"
We've got the power to bring you down
Ursus Umosa
Player

Words: 12054
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2009, 2:59 pm
Character sheet

Postby Arabella Sintos on August 4th, 2009, 6:32 pm

Unlike the human Erasmus who carried her, Arabella could see quite well in the dark due to her animalistic nature, being a feline in disguise really did have it's advantages. Of course she was terrified that she would be caught, every footfall that landed in the snow sounded deafening to her, even her heartbeat sounded loud, as though her thudding heart would lead the slavers to them. She huddled close to Erasmus, feeling every shift of his body as he tried to navigate through the black cave, being a human must have been so very hard.

She could feel his arms starting to weaken and his legs stumbling around, trying to find his footing whilst keeping her held against him. She didn't know she was so heavy but apparently she was, the fact that he had been carrying her like this in the heavy coat surely didn't help either, she would have asked to be put down but that would have slowed them up, she would have slowed them up. Could their be dangers in the cave already? Of course, but nothing seemed more dangerous to Ara then the slavers and Eck, wherever the little bastard happened to be. Had they taken the bait and run after the runaway mule? It sounded like it to her, the horses getting further away from where they were, the slavers being fooled by a clever former slave and his mule. Of course poor Jordie was in danger and Erasmus had to known that her chances of outrunning the slavers wasn't good.

Stringy blonde hair fell over her face as she was gently placed in a dark corner, her vision still sharp as she watched Erasmus practically collapse next to her, his body landing with a soft thud in the snow that sounded like an explosion to her. Ara felt bad still for placing such a burden as her safety onto another, it should have been hers alone to bare. Being the kind man he seemed to be, hand passed over the canteen he had thought to bring filled with water, it helped soothe her burning throat from when she had been running, though she only took a few small drinks before handing it back to him, worried for him more then anything. Arabella leaned her back against the cool cave wall, still huddled beneath the warm wool coat, she watched Erasmus careful, feline amber eyes curious about the man before her, what his history must have been.

Ara listened as Erasmus spoke on freedom, it was like a double-edged sword, it had it's perks and it's dangers. His freedom hadn't been bought, which meant he was always in fear of being found, a life that would await Ara should she really escape that night. The Kelvic flinched slightly when his arm went around her, not because she didn't want him touching her but rather she had scratches and sores that hurt from the weight of his arm, but she didn't say anything because really, it felt nice to be treated in such a gentle way. She nuzzled against him and sighed softly, for a few moments she didn't feel the intense near paralyzing fear that came with being hunted. "I want that." She said softly. She had enough of the rough end of life, she wanted freedom whether it was hard or not. "To answer to no one but myself."

It was lonely for a slave as well, loneliness was something she could handle in freedom as well, sure she had the urge to bond with someone, to be subservient to someone and protect them, but she wanted that on her terms. She was often glad, no matter how lonely it felt, that she had no family to be torn from or worry about. She endangered no one but herself when she tried to escape, though Erasmus was one of the instances when her path crossed with another and he took on the danger as well. Would he have helped her if he hadn't been a slave once before as well? She snorted unexpectedly at the name he usually gave people, what a strange name to give. "Ed.." She said with a soft smile. "Doesn't really suit you." It was nice to hear laughter rather then the sound of panic and fear, it helped ease the tension. "How did you escape?"

He wanted to know about her?

"There isn't much to tell about myself, I'm a Kelvic." She felt it was better to let him know this in case he had a problem with them, he would have a chance to leave her now and not get further involved. "I'm guessing why they sent so many after me..." Plans? "I don't know if I've gotten that far to be honest, sort of seeing if I can get this far." She didn't know what she wanted to do really. It showed how many times she had tried escaping from slavery. "I just want to be able to make my own decisions, so tired of being beaten for having my own will." If anyone could understand, surely Erasmus could. "Thank you ..Ed, I would have been caught by now had it not been for you." She pressed a small kiss to his cheek and then cuddled against him.
Arabella Sintos

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 5th, 2009, 1:52 am

Erasmus was surprised by the kiss on the cheek and Arabella could see a large smile cross his face. He pulled her closer and rested his head on top of hers.

"My master defiled my sister."
Erasmus began his story with a sad look on his face. "She was 13 and beautiful and the only good thing in that damn place." His face hardened remembering that painful moment. "So I took my ax and buried it in his head the next day when I was let out of the cage to begin work. I tried to save my family but they were locked in the slave quarters and the slave drivers were coming quickly. If I was caught I was dead so they told me to go and I did." He stared into the darkness and gulped loudly.

"I begged, I stole, I did things I am not proud of but I survived. I saved enough money to properly outfit myself and buy..."
Erasmus stopped and his eyes watered a little bit at the thought of his mule. He wiped his eye and sighed. "...and buy my mule. I entered the forest and started logging. I sell my logs and firewood to a man I trust, well trust enough I guess. He pays me below the going rate for wood but what options do I have?" Finally he chuckled lightly.

"Look at me carrying on like this."
He shook his head. Arabella felt his hand touch her collar and chain. "We're going to need to get this off you once we get out of here."

"For that matter I'm going to need to leave this area as well. I have some friends towards the south."
He paused and got nervous. "You can come with me you know..." Erasmus reached over and took her hand. "But it is your decision of course. It can be your first as a free person."

Suddenly Arabella's nose tingled. It was an unmistakable scent of grime and wickedness. It came from the cave entrance.
Ursus Umosa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arabella Sintos on August 5th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Arabella was not exactly attracted to Erasmus as one might think, she found him handsome of course but considering she had just met him and she was still terrified about being caught, no room was left for any real possible feelings. The kiss on the cheek had been a sweet gesture, a show of thanks, nothing more. She didn't resist though when he pulled her closer and rested his head on hers, of course she wasn't used to such a gesture but she didn't quite mind it either, was better then pain anyway. She sighed, remaining silent as Erasmus began his tale on what had caused him to flee from his master's home and slavery completely. It was a grim tale that he spun but she could understand how he could have killed because of that, well not the family part cause she didn't know how that felt, but the need for retribution.

Such tragedy and yet he was risking his life and freedom to help her escape and protect her, perhaps in a way he was doing for her what he couldn't do for his family all that while ago. From the deep look in his eyes, it seemed that he was reliving it to some degree, something she hadn't meant to happen of course, but it did. She felt a pang of guilt strike when he mentioned his mule, the very beast he had sent as bait for the men who had been pursuing them. It had been her fault that the mule had been put in danger, that Erasmus had been placed in danger as well. She had ruined what life he had made for himself and drove him back into hiding, most likely bringing back that fear that he would be caught. She could have apologized again, was tempted to but it would do neither of them very good really.

He had a right to carry on of course, after all he had been through, maybe it felt good to speak to another about it without hiding. She knew other slaves but she wasn't able to speak to another who had been freed like this, normally when she tried to escape, she was caught rather quickly. She couldn't say she understood of course, she just smiled up at him. Ara flinched slightly when she felt a hand on her collar, too many times she had been yanked forward when someone touched her collar, but he was gentle. The joy of getting rid of her collar...it would be amazing. "Yes, we must get rid of it for good." Leave that part of her life behind and begin a new life all her own.

Go with him? He didn't worry that she would slow him down? Two slaves traveling together was risky of course cause if one wasn't recognized, then the other might be. But if she could trust anyone...it would surely be him. Arabella took a deep breath, realization dawning that she was so close to freedom, closer then she had ever been before. "I like how that sounds." She said after a few moments. "I think I wil.." Ara trailed off, allowing that thought to drop, her body tensing as she sat up more. She knew that scent better then anything and it came from the mouth of the cave...Eck had found her. "Stay." She said sharply, Ara wasn't going to let Erasmus get caught because of her and she would be willing to fight. She was weak, hurting, and was lacking energy, but she had enough energy to really hold him off and if anything, if she was caught, maybe Erasmus would remain safe.

She crawled out of the large coat, ignoring anything Erasmus might saw, any protest. He was a human without any real mode of protection aside from an ax, she had more firepower then he did. Arabella had warned Erasmus of what she was, so hopefully he wouldn't be too shocked. She remained on all fours, her amber eyes intent on the darkness, knowing full well that Eck cound smell her out, knew she was in there, so hiding would do her no good. If she could kill Eck, maybe she could better escape since the riders would be without their damn bloodhound.

Ara's amber eyes took on a more feral tone as she waited, feeling fur start to sprout all over her body as her shifting starting, teeth sharpened and extended, a deep growl echoing from deep in her throat. The collar around her neck had been a mage-crafted item, it grew as her shape did, so not to choke her when she shifted. It always felt so natural to be in such a form as this, sometimes she wished she could remain in that form always. Her nails grew and sharpened as well, small petite hands becoming massive paws that crunched the snow beneath them. Her broken tail flicked in the air as the shifting ended, she was now in her white tiger form, standing quite proudly. She crouched low to the ground, her growls reverberating in the dank cave walls, making them sound more ferocious then they were.

She was still weak, still hurting and yet she wanted to try and fight. Fight for Erasmus and her own freedom. She lunged quickly, aiming for the hunchback, wherever he happened to be.
Arabella Sintos

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 6th, 2009, 8:24 pm

Erasmus tried to gallantly stop her but in fact he could do little. He was blind in this cave and without light he would not be much help.

"Be careful!" Was all he could do and say.

Arabella walked towards the smell and she would realize that she was indeed very weak. Her legs felt like lead, her feet seemed incredibly heavy. However she had a little left in the tank, hopefully that would be enough to fight and hold off the dastardly Eck the Hunchback.

He was making his way back to the cave entrance where the light would even out the odds. He had detected the change in smell and heard the pitter patter of tiger feet and surmised that he was detected. Limping and huffing a little he was nearly there when Arabella made her fateful lunge.

Luckily for him he had looked back right before her attack and dodged with surprising agility. In one of his hands he held a long, sharp dagger which he swung in a wide, defensive arc.

"AHHH!" He cried as ran out of the cave with Arabella in pursuit. "MATHTER!" He shouted as he turned and faced the white tiger- her with her claws and teeth, him with his dagger. Fright turned to glee as he began to giggle.

"Hee hee hee...Oh my pretty little pussy cat, we shall have some fun won't we?"
He hissed and waited for her attack.
Ursus Umosa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arabella Sintos on August 7th, 2009, 1:54 am

Of course Erasmus would try and stop her, even with the knowledge that she was a Kelvic because he had seen how weak she had been. He most likely didn't think she could do it and really, Ara wasn't exactly sure of herself either, but she wasn't going to get Erasmus caught because of herself and maybe, just maybe she could catch Eck off guard and take him out quickly and be done with it. She looked back at him as he spoke, offering him an uncertain smile that he couldn't see. "Thank you Erasmus." It had to be said in case...well..just in case. Of course she would be careful or she'd try at least.

She was so sore as she shifted, her feet and legs feeling quite heavy, as though they would collapse at any moment, but she found the energy to stand on all fours and hold her body up. She growled deeply as she sought to protect Erasmus from the hunchback, since Eck wasn't belong forcing another back into slavery and her master would surely make money on returning Erasmus to where he had run from. It wasn't an option, Erasmus would escape even if Arabella didn't escape. She wasn't used to feeling protective of others, her need to bond was showing and she didn't like. She'd yell at Erasmus after all this was over, well should she get the chance of course...

She had to time her lunge right, but given her lack of energy and lack of actual time, timing would be off of course. The change in his scent caused her to lunge, whether he was in place or not was unsure. She flew through the air, her roar reverberating throughout the cave loudly. She was an elegant beast made for battle and yet due to her weak state, she wasn't exactly very coordinated. She landed in the cold snow rather then on a hunched body, which meant her jump had been off. He had dodged rather well, his body moving with agility that she hadn't been expecting, a glint of silver in the light caused her to move back.

She growled at him and took off running after him, hoping to chase him off and perhaps kill him, once he was dead, she might have a better chance at freedom. His scream caused her to recoil some, slowing only slight in pursuit, realizing perhaps too late that he had been seeking to draw her out of hiding and draw her into pursuit. She was perhaps heading right into a trap, especially when he shouted for the riders. Her ears lay flat against her head as she halted, his dagger flashing once again. She hissed and swiped her sharp claws at the hunchback, hoping to teach him a lesson about all he had done to her. She'd rip his throat out!
Arabella Sintos

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 7th, 2009, 2:39 am

The trap was sprung, Arabella had realized the danger too late. Just as she swiped the half dozen black-clad slavers appeared from a nearby grove of trees and galloped straight at her. Eck dodged the claws by jumping backwards. She felt a claw rip his woolen shirt, it was that close. The hunchback hissed and swung back with his dagger that was so close to her eye that the tiger involuntarily blinked.

One hundred yards way, seventy five, fifty... The horses whinnied in half fright at the tiger the men shouted to keep their courage up. Two of them were armed with rope lassos that they swung above their heads, the other four took aim with their bows and let fly.

Thwap! Thwap! Thwap! Thwap!
The arrows landed inches from the white tiger and nearly hit the hunchback. Clouds of show exploded in between them where they hit. Eck twisted, turned and fell into the snow in his attempt to dodge the razor sharp missles. He hacked and cursed at their callousness- he was on their side! The hunchback began to scurry to his feet, his back facing Arabella. He was momentarily defenseless in his frantic hurry to not be shot by his employers.

Arabella thought back and remembered an instance. The hunchback, the nice kitchen girl, a tragedy that must have been the result of an unsupervised hunchback. Arabella saw him leering at her for over a week, seemingly stalking her. No one found her body, only a pool of blood. No one could prove it was him...

"Get her men! Get her!" The slaver leader shouted as they got nearer. Fifty yards, twenty five...
Ursus Umosa
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arabella Sintos on August 7th, 2009, 3:04 am

Arabella had been tricked, in her weakness and fury, she had been tricked rather easily and it killed her inside to see what her need to protect had done. Erasmus would hopefully be safe and yet she would be caught again, she could hear the sound of the slavers approaching fast towards her on horseback. She had been foolish and soon she would be caught, not having the energy to run off again as she had before. She concentrated instead on slicing at Eck, she might be caught but gods damn it she was going to make him hurt for being a little rat bastard. She felt her claws rip at his wool shirt but she felt no skin rip beneath, felt no warm blood on her claws and so she wasn't satisfied. She had to be wary of the dagger, not wishing to feel it's punishing bite against her skin, not wishing to give him the satisfaction of drawing her blood.

She drew back away from the dagger as it came too close for comfort, too close to her eye. She felt shivers run up her spine as the sound of horses whinnying reached her sensitive ears and she felt as though her heart was going to drop into her chest. Coming closer and closer, signaling the end of what could have been the start of a life of freedom, she had given that up to protect another's safety and freedom. She growled and hissed at the men as they let loose with their arrows, using her grace to help dodge the arrows. She would have been so satisfied if the arrows had struck the hunchback but alas, no luck.

Seeing Eck almost get struck, scenting his fear as he barely dodged the projectiles almost made it all worth it. In his frantic scurrying like the little rat he was, he left himself open to attack and Ara took a chance, swiping at him once again, hoping to get in a strike. Drawing blood of any sort would have satisfied her, though killing him would have been her only victory that night it seemed. As she looked at Eck, she was caught back in a memory, unsure of what exactly had brought it on. She recalled a young kitchen girl who had somehow drawn the hunchback's attentions, unwelcome of course. She had disappeared without much of a trace, other then a pool of her blood. They hadn't been able to prove it but Arabella had no doubt who it had been, it had been Eck. She wouldn't give him the same chance to do it to her as well.

She had a choice at this moment, try and make another feeble attempt at escape or stay and fight with Eck, getting caught in the process. She looked back to the cave where Erasmus was waiting, unsure of her fate but at least he would be safe. She made a choice then, she remained and sought to kill Eck, whether she was caught or not, though she was wary of those carrying rope since she hated to be bound.
Arabella Sintos

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 7th, 2009, 4:26 am

Eck's head looked back at this vital moment. Arabella would see his eyes widen, his mouth form a perfect O in terror as he sensed the very real possibility that he was totally screwed.

"MATHTER!" He squealed as his hands and feet pawed at the snow in an effort to get away.

The moments lengthened and time seemed to slow down. Each heartbeat seemed an minute, each breath an hour. Her great claw descended towards the hunchbacks spine and at least one small victory within a lifetime of defeats. The hunchback's blood would cover the ground, it was so close that Arabella could taste it, smell it...

Just as the most delicious moment was reached, she felt the rope fall around her neck and tighten. She was tugged back violently, her claw came so distressingly close to her mark she saw where her claws only made superficial wounds. Eck had escaped by the narrowest of margins.

Arabella twisted in the air as she somersaulted and thudded to the ground. Thwap! Thwap! A couple more menacing arrows landed near her as another warning.

Eck had recovered and approached with murderous intent. His dagger was gripped tightly in his right hand as once again he regained his arrogance.

"Beaten but not maimed! Watch your blade Eck!"
The slaver leader shouted at Eck. "Disobey at your peril cripple."

Eck's face soured and he shook with fury.

"I wath promithed thatifaction! Thothe were the termth!"
He shouted, spittle flying out of his mouth.

"I'm certain your pleasure contradicts my employer's wishes."
The leader replied dryly.

A whoosh came through the air right then. The rope around her neck slackened, in fact it was cleaved in two by wooden-handled logger's ax.

"Arabella! Run!" Erasmus had not stayed in the cave, instead he had done the exact opposite of what a sane person would have done. He had sat there debating what to do, torn by what he had not done then but what he could try to do now. He couldn't leave her out there and live with himself. If he died, well at least it would be a good death. Leather clad legs pumped powerfully as he sprinted from the cave's entrance, previously unnoticed in all the hubbub of Arabella and Eck's fight.

Eck's head turned to see where this shout came from. What he saw was a large fist that snapped the hunchback's head back and knocked him again to the ground.

His charge continued and he reached where his ax hit. He bent down and picked it up and stood squarely in between the slavers and Arabella. Erasmus raised it up for another throw...

Thud! Erasmus' body recoiled from the jolt of an arrow that pierced his shoulder. Erasmus's face turned ashen as the bravely kept standing. He looked back at Arabella with a small smile on his lips.

"...bella..." He whispered as his body shuddered from another arrow. The ax dropped and the man sank to his knees.
Ursus Umosa
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext