[Verified by Kraken] Neekra Velvela

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Neekra Velvela

Postby Neekra on October 21st, 2012, 4:57 am

Neekra Velvela

Physical Description
Race: Kelvic/Wolf
Birthday: 51st of winter, 509 AV

The wolf spirit, known as Neekra, is cursed with radiant features that shine in the natural glow of the moonlight. This creature of the night stalks the forest unseen with her silky all-black coat that has adapted to help her survive long, harsh winters. Her golden eyes are her defining feature and are usually the reason her position is given away. With a snare, she shows her massive canines and beastly claws. But if you see that much then it’s to late to escape.

In her human form, the hair on her head resembles the glossy black color of her thick fur and her eyes gleam pure gold like only a wolf’s eyes can. Her nose is elegantly long and thin to resemble her mussel when she takes the form of a wolf. Neekra’s lips are full and velvety red like her mothers and in her mouth she hides miniature sized replicas of her full canines fangs. She has a delicate but solid figure that is both stunning and useful in moments where she must stand her ground even in human form.

Because of her canine blood, she grows faster than most humans. One of her canine years equals about seven human years. In actuality she is only three years old but as a human she looks as though to be twenty. Her height is 5’ 5” and she weighs 130 pounds.

Character Concept
She walks with a grace and speaks with precision. Her eyes are quick to catch to slightest of movements. As calm as the midnight breeze through the acres of wild forest, Neekra walks about seeking her next meal or companionship. Although, she longs for the simple touches of appreciation and pleasurable words from a bond mate, she focuses more on building her accuracy in hunting and combat. Her contact with humans has been rare in the past so her trust must be earned in time. She’s not afraid to jump into a fight if need be; she has a brutal pair of fangs and knows how to use them.

The cold expression she fronts as a human is a mere cover for the animal within. With little and mostly bad experiences with humans in the past, she seems to shy away from people that she feels uncomfortable around or that stay in her space for to long. She only uses her human from when she needs thumbs or to speak with another human being. In public she can obviously be pointed out as a Kelvic since she tends to scratch more than usual at times and lick her lips at the sight of blood or raw

Whether she is for light or darkness has not been decided. She has no religion for several reasons. First, she sees no need for it. She is a wolf; she lives to survive. Second, she doesn’t use a right or wrong conscious like a human, so she doesn’t see the point in having special rules to follow to conduct herself in a right form and fashion. Finally, she has no need to learn or study a topic if it does not directly pertain to her survival. Like many Kelvic, religion is useless and boring.

- Dusk
- The smell of raw meat and blood
- Hunting challenges
- Soft touches of praise
- Birds
- Clear directions

Dislikes:
- Loud noises, expecially yelling
- Strong odors
- Being held down or cornered
- Taking the role as the prey and not the predator
- Extremely hot weather

Character History
Created to serve. Damned to a life of poverty. Lacking vital human emotions which include the ability to truly love. Destiny is a cruel thing. That’s what I first believed. My mother always told me that we were engineered to follow our master. Our master is our god. We are animals, beast of the world, and we have no soul so we follow no religion. We only serve the one that we follow, even in circumstances of death. The secret words of our master must not flow from our tongues or our blood must be shed. We must stand honorably in battle and never back down. We must labor to the best of our ability to please our master.

My mother and father were both pure blood Kelvic and had strong spirits. They worked for their master most of their short lives. My mother was a raven. She was beautiful with long, feathery black hair and dark eyes. She was a spy for the master and collected valuable information over her years of service. My father was a hawk. He carried messages to his master’s allies and fought off rival birds when need be. I remember my mother telling me that he would sometimes come back bloody and hurt because of the enemies’ birds that would try to kill him to steal the message tied to his leg. He also stood as a guard for the master’s home. With a quick eye and fast reflexes, the master favored him.

Since both of my parents were birds, the master planned that I would be one as well. I heard that he already had other Kelvics with bird bloodlines in line to mate with me even before I was born. His plan was to breed a series of prized birds that were very talented in certain skills. To his demise, after my birth when I changed into my true form, I was a wolf. He let anger get the best of him and decided to breed my parents again and again until he got what he wanted. Unfortunately, his plan was never meant to be.

One day, my father did not return after being sent out to deliver a message to a nearby ally. After my mother’s frantic searching for his body, she came home with nothing. My father was gone, just gone. I’ve never seen my mother cry before that moment. But, to my surprise, I couldn’t release tears but I felt a deep sadness. So that night, I let my instincts get the best of me. After everyone was asleep, I crept from my bed and changed into my animal form. From a small hill behind house, I cried like only a wolf could.

We survived. Though unlike a Kelvic mother, my mother’s life span killed her shortly after my second birthday so she never had a chance to full raise me. As a wolf, I pledged my loyalty and services to my parent’s master but he coldly rejected me. “Go!” he pronounced. “Leave me! I have no need for a wild beast of your sort. I have guards and warriors that are better than you will ever be. You are nothing like your parents and have no right in my home.”

I remember his face very clearly. His stern glare pressed on my mind, leaving its mark to this day. He commanded me to be the wolf I truly was then locked an iron collar around my neck. “Now be gone.”

From that moment on, I was alone and locked in my true form which I didn’t mind but it meant that I could no longer communicate with the Avanthal people. Therefore, I let my instinct guide me onto the city’s snow white borders.

I stayed around the borders for a long time because I feared the intensity of the wilderness beyond. I survived from meal to meal and adapted to the cold. Every so often the Avanthal hunters would cross my path but I was never targeted since some of their mounts were Kelvic. Without even speaking to them, they taught me something I’d never known. The Dire bear’s riders did not command them; they lead them. It was a bond and a partnership, not a dictatorship. From that point on I’ve always wondered why my parents stayed with their ruthless master. Perhaps I’d never know.

I pawed an innumerable amount of tracks outside of Avanthal for almost a year before I decided to move south for warmer weather. Within hours of going where I never have before, I learned quickly that the deep wilderness was no place for me at such a young age. Shadows crept and creatures took shape from thin air. Monsters chased me down until I either stood my ground or lost them in the great white wilderness. This is where I learned to hunt and stand my ground. I’m a wolf, not a mouse or a rabbit, but a blood thirty beast. And that’s how I began to act.

One night, with my nose low to the ground, I picked up on civilization. I followed the scents and came upon the Spires. As soon of the apelike humans approached me, I asked where I was. The ape-man smiled and said, “You’re on Jamoura territory now.”

In the next few months, I made a name for myself in the Spires. I’ve learned how nice and peaceful the Jamouras are and have met several other Kelvic who have found sanctuary here like I have. In the days following my arrival, I told my story and the story of my parent’s story and received the answers that I wanted to know. They also freed the collar from my neck and I saw my human form for the first time in almost a year.

Possessions
1 Set of Clothing
- Simple White Shirt
- Simple Black Pants
- Simple Undergarments
- Simple Red Cloak
-Simple Black Leather Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Knapsack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Food Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom
During a trip back to Avanthal, she adopted a guard dog pup that she made a connection with at first sight. As a true canine, her helpless yelps and pityful round eyes reminded Neekra of herself when she was a young pup; therefore she brought it back with her to the Spires. As a wolf, she has a special way of calling it but in her human form, she calls her Lupa.

Housing:
The Petal of the Timid Cougar - The Spires

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Skills, Lores, Magics, Gnosis, Languages

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Hunting 10[RB]+16[SP] 26 Competent
Wilderness Survival 10[SP] 10 Novice
Tracking 10[SP] 10 Novice
Auristics 9[SP] 9 Novice
Running 5[SP] 5 Novice

Fluent Language: Common, Canine
Basic Language: Vani
Poor Language: Jamoura

Lores:
Lore of Forest Between Avanthal and the Spires
Lore of the Moon's Phases and Star Patterns

Thread List

(still a work in progress)

Last edited by Neekra on October 24th, 2012, 3:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Neekra
Wolf Girl <3

Words: 39207
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet