[Verified by Kraken] Kahno

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kahno

Postby Kahno on October 24th, 2012, 5:42 pm

K A H N O

Kelvic, in the form of a wolf.

Born on the Sixth Day of Summer,
In the year Five Hundred Nine, After Valterrian.

Age Three, taking the humanoid form
of a twenty-four year old male.

A p p e a r a n c e . . .

Kahno's humanoid form stands approximately 5’11” and weighs around 185 pounds. His frame is built strong and tight from the constant movement and activity of hunting and tracking his next meal. A canvas of dust and dirt laden skin covers the muscle and bone. If he were to take a swim in clear, clean water, or should someone dare try to tame and bathe him, they would find his skin to be a golden color, tanned from the light of Syna’s rays. His hair is an unkempt mess of brindle; rusty auburn, chocolate brown, and a little blonde. Dirt cakes the quicks and undersides of his nails, a testament to his animal nature. Complimenting a strong jawline is a thin coat of scruff along his face, which is mounted with two clear golden-yellow eyes flecked with green. His voice is deep and resounding with a note of alpha confidence. When he smiles or speaks, one can spot the glimmer of ivory that is his slightly elongated canine teeth. Faintly discolored gouge-like and puncture scars litter his left shoulder blade and upper outer right thigh, the remainder of the wounds inflicted upon him by a pack member.

Kahno’s animal form is that of a large wolf with thick brindle fur. His eyes retain the same yellow, though sharp and screaming with cunning. His black nose is traced with fine, sensitive whiskers. His massive coat of fur thins out in the spring to prepare for the warmer summer months. During the fall, it grows quickly to become thick for the cold. The hackles on the nape of his neck stand up, making him look larger than he really is. His limbs are long and strong for running down prey, his tail bushy. His paws are wide, the pads spreading easily to grip the snow in the winter to prevent him from sinking down. Being a carnivorous creature, Kahno is fully equipped to hunt down a variety of prey with hard black nails and sharp teeth.

H i s t o r y
&
C o n c e p t

The year five hundred nine, after Valterrian, brought with it a hot summer and the bitter sweet phenomenon of life and death. Born unto a Kelvic couple was little Kahno, but not without a price. His birth brought with it complications for his dear mother. His father nursed the newborn wolf pup while tending to his mate, Kahno’s mother. Her health slowly faded until she passed on, Kahno being only days old. The responsibility of raising the child was left to the father, Hutser.

Through adolescence, Kahno was instilled with the basic skills of providing for himself, though the inclusion of anything interesting or extracurricular was abandoned. Hutser seemed, to Kahno, to be burdened with the task of raising the youngling, a guilt-laden fear that ate at him every day. There was no love, no connection, nor bond between him and his father. It was a project, nothing more. From the time he was old enough to understand that his mother would never come back, he was cursed with the idea that he was missing something. A thought that plagued him was, would his mother have loved him should she have lived? Did his mother and father really love each other, or was their bond simply for the sole purpose of procreation? Was his father simply sticking around out of love for his mother, raising him for her because it would have been what she wanted? Would she have done the same? So many questions. He would shake his head in dismissal. He wasn’t sure he wanted to know the answers.

With maturity just barely on the horizon, Hutser left his son to begin to fend for himself. Though he knew how to hunt, track, and survive with his animal instincts, he had never been unaccompanied before. The first several days were rough. He was young and nervous, slightly afraid, even. But he strove to survive. He would live.

And live he did, for every single day. The morning brought with it the excitement of the hunt. The night brought the same rush. Stalking the terrain for his next meal, sniffing out scents, prodding around for tracks. When his belly was full and appetite satisfied, he would lounge and ponder. Deposited into his mind was this sense of longing, and yet it was severely abrasive. Kahno was deeply curious as to what it is that draws two people together. It seemed like an excuse to create a legacy of a bloodline. Was there any real feeling to it? What made his parents want to have him? He opted to shut it all out. He had never been around any other Kelvics, he had never conversed with a human or other race. Because of the estrangement from his family, he never planned to.

Somewhere further into his maturity, he banded with a small pack of wolves. He ran with them for two seasons, hunting, tracking, surviving. The days passed and their trust in him grew. He rose through their ranks, from omega forward. His cocky arrogance pushed him to challenge the alpha. Following the determination of the pecking order, the alpha and his challenger engaged in a grueling fight of tooth and nail. Repeated squalls resulted in a change of reputation within the pack, which ultimately led to Kahno’s rise as alpha male. With a stern, domineering pride, he led the pack for an entire season. He commanded respect, and for it he promised to provide them with honesty and trustworthiness that he would lead them always in the direction of prospect, whether it be in food or a satisfying place to live and hunt.

It wasn’t until the nearing of the end of the second season that Kahno was found to be a Kelvic. Out marking territory he found a deer carcass. One of the pack members was holed up in a den after giving birth to a litter of pups. His single set of teeth was not enough to drag the meat back to the new mother. In a burst of swirling light he transformed into a two legged humanoid. Using his upper body strength, he grasped the hind legs of the abandoned kill and dragged it close to base. Just before changing back to his wolf form, the felled alpha spotted Kahno. An alert was issued, drawing the other able wolves through the tree line to confront Kahno. Nervous and frightened by the threat of the entire pack being turned against him for his deception made him falter. The past alpha attacked, and Kahno, not wanting to hurt the pack member, just to reason with him, did not fight back. The pack ran him from their territory. He made no attempt to return.

A line of silvery bite marks line Kahno’s left shoulder blade and right upper outer thigh, a symbol of his failure. The marks haunt him, giving him a second reason to remain a lone wolf. But one cannot avoid their fears forever.

*this history will be altered as threads are completed.

S k i l l s

W i l d e r n e s s S u r v i v a l : 15 / 100 (SP)
H u n t i n g : 19 / 100 (10 RB + 5 SP)
T r a c k i n g : 10 / 100 (SP)
S t e a l t h : 5 / 100 (SP)
R u n n i n g : 5 / 100 (SP)
B r a w l i n g : 10 / 100 (SP)
O b s e r v a t i o n : 3 / 100
U n a r m e d C o m b a t : 4 / 100
R h e t o r i c : 4 / 100
O b s e r v a t i o n : 6 / 100
I n t i m i d a t i o n : 1 / 100

L o r e s

Hiding Kills for Later
The Scent of Water
Using Body Language to Signal Dominance
Knowing How to Fight Over Territory
Knowing When to Back Down
The Myriad Thrills of the Hunt
Word of a Wolf
Humans Do Not Belong Here
You Know Nothing, Ice Woman
Swift and Stealthy... But Not Always Sure
No Trust Given, Just Because We Are the Same Race
Credit Where It's Due
Dust: Helpful, but Flighty (Well, Duh)
Roads... A Curious Concept

L a n g u a g e s Image

Fluent - Common
Basic - (None)
Poor - (None)

T h r e a d L i s t

10th of Fall, 512 AV: Lost in Time
17th of Fall, 512 AV: Leave Me Alone
31st of Fall, 512 AV: In the Company of Wolves
48th of Fall, 512 AV: At Home in the Woods
50th of Fall, 512 AV: By Chance or Fate

**no possessions or ledger due to the nature of the Kelvic race. Character concept is for him to live as an animal would; Kelvic's are animals with a human form, not humans with animal forms. Any possessions attained through playing the game will be promptly noted here.

Last edited by Kahno on October 26th, 2012, 8:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kahno
After all, it's you, my pride, and me.

Words: 40399
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2012, 2:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook