[Sunset Falls] A First Meeting (Elaine)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Niveus on May 18th, 2010, 7:42 pm

The sun was setting on another day and the world was slowly heading off to it's slumber. The last chirps of the birds were begining to die off as the sun set. The Sunset Falls were lit up with the colors that earned their namesake had come from. The clearing at the base of the falls was empty at this later time of the day, the only sound to be heard was the cascading falls and the splashing it made when it hit the rocks.

Drawn by the calmness of the clearing, along with the colors of the fall, Niveus slowly made his way into the clearing. Niveus was in his beast form, his silky white fur gleamed with the dying light of the day. Niveus had the straps for his backpack in his mouth having flung the bulk of the bag on the top of his head. Anyone having seen the large majestic lion with a bag resting on it's head would probably find it rather comical.

Niveus made his way towards the pools at the base of the falls, taking his own sweet time. When he reached the edge of the pool he dipped his head forward allowing the bag to fall from the top of his head. Niveus moved his head to the side then opened his jaws to let the backpack fall next to the pool. He then dipped his head down and began to take a few long draughts.
(20:33:40) Dusk: I'm sweating like a pregnant teen at confession.
Niveus
White Lion

Words: 3687
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Elaine on May 19th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Elaine sighed dreamily, taking in the beautiful scenery. The sound of rushing water sounded nearby, beckoning her forward to the falls. She hadn't been up this way in years and it was impossible for her to imagine why she hadn't in such a ridiculous amount of time. The scenery was breathtaking, the area was bustling with life, and it was an incredibly tranquil atmosphere meant for deeper thinking. Carefully, she walked along a trail of rocks towards the sound of the cascading waterfall and spotted a large white animal making its way towards the water's edge.

Elaine raised a brow in confusion, watching the massive feline take long draughts of the fresh water into its powerful jaws. What in the world was a lion doing in a place like this? She wondered to herself, staring in awe at the wonderfully majestic creature. Elaine couldn't help but draw herself closer and closer to the animal. His coat was mesmerizing and she couldn't seem to help herself from being pulled in by his intelligent aura. It was almost like he had human qualities. But that was just silly, he was just a lion.

"Hey, big fella," Elaine called out with a grin, nearly within an arm's reach of him, "would you pardon my intrusion? I'm terribly sorry, I can leave if you'd like." But of course he wouldn't answer back...Or if he did, it'd be with a terrifying roar so powerful it could shake the depths of the sea.
Elaine
Catch a piece of the rain as it falls..

Words: 10391
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Niveus on May 20th, 2010, 4:21 pm

As Niveus drank he was absorbed in his own thoughts, thoughts of what to do and where to head next. Niveus was contemplating changing into his human form and taking a bath. Suddenly he heard something behind him, sounded like a young woman was speaking to him. Niveus lifted his head from the water and looked back over his shoulder.

Niveus noticed the girl was rather close to him but he could see the girl was of no immedeate or forseeable threat. Niveus turned around and sat down at the edge of the pool of water. Niveus looked the girl over more closely, she seemed rather young with her slight frame. Something about her eyes made Niveus suspect that this girl wasn't quite as young as her slight frame would lead one to expect.

Niveus lifted one of his paws and began to rub it against the side of his mouth, an attempt to wipe the water off his face. Niveus purred slightly as he continued to wipe water from his face, he liked her firey red hair. When he finished wiping the water off his face he stood up again and put his nose near the girls midsection taking a rather loud sniff. She smelled rather nice, Niveus began rubbing his head against the girls side, the fact that he needed a bath completely lost from his mind.
Niveus
White Lion

Character sheet

Postby Elaine on May 20th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Elaine froze as the white lion's golden eyes graced a glance in her direction. They were absolutely beautiful and easily rivaled his pristine white pelt. She licked her lips nervously, inching forward awkwardly. She seemed so small next to the enormous creature, like a newborn baby in the hands of its towering father. Of course, the lion wasn't taller than her. However, he had to be at least six or seven feet long. The lion easily outweighed her by at least four or five times her weight. At least, that was her best logical guesstimation.

Elaine's hopes and smile dropped dropped when he turned his head to rub the side of his mouth. At first, she thought the feline had completely lost interest in her. To her astonishment, he turned pressed his nostrils to her stomach and gave a loud, rumbling sniff!

Being the timid creature that she was, Elaine couldn't help but squeal a little and jump off the ground a few inches. Her heart returned to its normal pace after realizing that he meant her no harm. In fact, he seemed to fancy her unique scent. She smiled again, eyes lighting up like a Christmas tree in December. "Well then, it looks like I've got myself a new friend. What do you call yourself, hmm? I suppose you can't answer that, thought.."
Elaine

Character sheet

Postby Niveus on May 20th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Niveus stopped and looked up at the girl again as she spoke. Niveus had the urge to chuckle but couldn't preform it in his current form. The girl probably thought him to be one of the simple animals that stalked the wilds of this world. Niveus walked around the girl and then pointed towards his bag with his paw in response to her question. Upon the side of the bag his name had been written, or at least he'd been told that it was his name that had been written there.

Niveus was actually illeterate, he'd never had anyone to teach him how to read nor did he really care to seek someone to teach him. Niveus wondered if the girl could read, then again as far as he knew reading, writing and arthmetic were comon amongst the other races. If the girl couldn't read it would probably be best to transform so he could truly answer her question. Lost in his own thoughts again Niveus had stopped paying attention to the girl.

Niveus began his transformation a silent, albeit bright and astounding sight. However it was over in a matter of seconds and if the girl hadn't seen it begin she would probably be dumbfounded by the man now standing before her, wearing nothing other then a leather pouch on a leather strip that only allowed it to come down to about his stomach.

"My name is Niveus Lejon, as it says on my bag, Niveus said looking at the girl for the first time since he had pointed towards his bag. In truth the bag only had the name Niveus stenciled onto it, however Niveus didn't know for he couldn't read. Niveus scratched the back of his shaggy mane of white hair and got a whiff of himself.

"Oh that was right, you interrupted me as I was getting ready to take a bath", Niveus said not a sound a single trace of scorn nor accusation in his voice. In truth Niveus would find it hard to find any anger towards the girl, for she called him friend, something no one had called him since he left his mothers care nearly nine years earlier. Niveus contemplated for a moment he wondered if this girl would be his mistress, that would make things much easier then continuing to run around in fruitless searches again. Yet again his thoughts led Niveus away from the fact that he needed to bathe rather badly.
Niveus
White Lion

Character sheet

Postby Elaine on May 21st, 2010, 12:24 am

Elaine cocked her head to the side as she marveled at the the white lion. Did he understand her? She watched him circle around her and reveal a small object lying on the ground with words etched into its rough exterior. Curiously, she moved closer to see that it was a bag that said "Niveus" in worn out lettering. Of course, she didn't think it to be his name. She figured it more to be the name of the previous owner, or the skillful person that produced such a bag. Little did she know, the white lion did indeed own that bag and his name was indeed written on it.

Suddenly, a bright light flashed and glared, causing her to close her eyes partway to keep her retinas from burning. In the short amount of time it took her to blink and rub her eyes, a young man stood before her where the lion once was. She didn't know who he was, but she felt like she knew him somehow. He had wild, white hair and glowing amber eyes---just like the lion?

Mouth open agape, Elaine couldn't help but stammer when she put two and two together. "W-wh-whaaa? Mr. Lion is a m-man?!" Her voice reached almost the level of hysteria, high-pitched and slightly screechy. Was she going crazy? No animal turned into humans! Unless...unless he was that one race, what did her parents call it---Kelvic? A Kelvic. She'd nearly forgotten about those in her youth, but the memories floated back to her like clouds on a clear, sunny afternoon. "Niveus..."

"Oh that was right, you interrupted me as I was getting ready to take a bath"

With those words, Elaine's face reddened and she looked away gingerly. Now that he mentioned it, he did smell a bit...foul. "I..I'm sorry, should I turn and look away so you can bathe? I promise I won't peek.."
Elaine

Character sheet

Postby Niveus on May 21st, 2010, 2:55 pm

"Why would you do that?" Niveus said a slight tone of suprise in his voice. It took him a moment to remember that most other races had a problem with nudity. Niveus shrugged as he made his way towards his bag to grab soap and a brush. Niveus made no attempt to cover himself, if she were too bothered about it she could say something about it.

"It doesn't matter to me whether you avert your eyes or not. Your welcome to join me as well if that is your wish, although it doesn't smell as though you need a bath", Niveus said as he rummaged through his bag. He pulled out his soap and brush and set them down atop of his pack. He saw his cloak and loose cloth breeches in there as well, he contemplated pulling them out. If he planned to remain in his human form then he should probably clothe himself, then again he didn't really have a reason to stay human.

Niveus lowered himself into the water deciding that he'd make that choice after the bath. He shivered slightly as he finished lowering himself into the water, it was rather cold. Niveus took a deep breath and ducked his head and the rest of his body under the water. He stayed there for just a moment before coming back up, standing straight up in the water it only reached Niveus' hip.

"So have you decided on what you wish to do?" Niveus asked looking back over his shoulder at the girl. He slowly began walking his way towards the edge of the pool again to grab the soap. However the water from his hair had began to drip into his eyes. Niveus frowned for a moment, then began shaking his head widly, throwing his long mass of hair into a rather dramatic looking flip and flinging water everywhere.
Niveus
White Lion

Character sheet