In Need of Work (Spring 51st, 510AV)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kayiri on May 19th, 2010, 5:52 am

Purpose: To Establish a Means of Income
Timestamp: Spring 51st, 510AV

Kayiri needed a job.

Badly. A problem stood in the way, however, he did not exactly know any working class skills. He was a warrior, a killer in every sense of the word, not a worker!

But, the stable master *was* giving Riding lessons. A thought in the back of his mind, a tiny whisper, told him that maybe, just maybe, he could get a job as an assistant instructor. After all, he was pretty good at riding a horse, he just had to apply the knowledge to teaching. He may get some practice in, too! At a quick, refreshed pace, he exited the Pavilion, reporting to his father as to where he was going.

It wasn't long before he arrived at the tent designated to be the Stable master's. He entered quietly, waiting until everyone else had finished their business before he spoke.

"Hail, sir," Kayiri spoke kindly, his smile warm. "I was curious, do you have any work for one such as I? I'm fairly skilled in riding horses, and if my mind doesn't trick me, I believe that more people are paying for lessons. Perhaps you need assistance with that?" his tone was friendly. "By the way, I am Kayiri of the Starweaver Pavilion, member of the Diamond clan," he then added, as if he had forgotten in his plea for a job.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on May 30th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Atticus straightened up on the stool he was bearing his weight on, the bed of hay under his feet crackling as he shifted up to look into the boy's bright face. He was tall, and Atticus rose up to his feet with a grunt. The young lad was shorter than him, but not by much, and his body was tight and strong, obviously due to some training. If Atticus could entrust the boy to give lessons instead of doing that himself like he always had, the opportunity to attend to more pressing and time sensitive tasks presented itself. Besides, another stable hand wouldn't hurt either.

"Yer solid in the shoulders, and we could use some extra strength to haul bags of feed." He gripped Kayiri's shoulders and felt the developed muscle underneath, yes this boy had great potential. But whether Kayiri was up to the challenge was yet to be determined.

"If you're an experienced rider, show me." Atticus pumped his neck once in a suggestive tone, and then nodded towards field behind them where riders of all ages and skill levels were practising their abilities with their horses. He invited Kayiri to use his own strider, whom he was connected to most, to show off just how he had grown in skill over the seasons.
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kayiri on May 31st, 2010, 3:52 am

"Then give me a moment to retrieve my Strider, Sir Atticus," Kayiri said, departing with a curt bow. He returned a few minutes later, Serenity padding along quietly behind him.

With only a short exchange of words, Kayiri led the Mare out into what he deemed the training field, in his genius. Confidently, he stepped into Serenity's saddle, bending over to softly whisper in her ear.

"Let's show him just what we can do. We've outrun Zith and grassland creature, we're not about to fail to impress an old stable master, are we, girl?" Kayiri spoke softly in Pavi. He patted her neck affectionately, made a quiet cooing sound, and then returned to his fully seated position.

A smile crossed his face, and he urged the Mare forward. Slowly, they raised into a trot, and he circled a few times, just to show that he was competent enough in that easy regard. He then brought her into a canter, followed by a full on gallop, being careful not to push her too hard.

There, he was at full speed now. He turned her around sharply, spotting what he wanted, a plank of wood meant for repairs. Kayiri urged her towards it, but slowed down slightly as he approached. When it was near enough, he leaned off to the side of the yvas, scooping the plank up in a single gloved hand. Just for a final bit of showing off, he led her over to a low bench, only about a foot high. With some difficulty, he jumped Serenity over it, beaming as he landed.

Kayiri then turned the mare back to Atticus, putting his legs over the sides as he approached, pushing off of the horse. He rolled as he landed, spreading the shock of the Emergency Dismount through his body. He then rose to his feet, a smile on his face, awaiting the elder man's assessment.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on June 3rd, 2010, 12:58 am

Atticus and several other stable boys stood around watching as Kayiri displayed his skill on his magnificent steed. With an approved smirk and nod, Atticus walked out to meet Kayiri on his trot back, reaching out to pet the horse and smile.

"Yer not bad there lad, ye could teach the young ones no problem, and maybe even lessons for more skilled riders. When yer not doing that, ye can do some lifting, sweeping, and stocking if yer keen to make a few more coin. I'll pay ye for the season - 150gm and if you do some extra events, we'll discuss more wages. Sound good?"
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kayiri on June 3rd, 2010, 2:21 am

Kayiri listened attentively whilst he flexed his hand at his side, realizing that he was going to be in a ton of pain the next day from that foolish maneuver. The bruise would be glorious indeed. No matter, he had gotten the job, and it paid well indeed. A smile crept across Kayiri's face.

"Aye, sir, that sounds great. Thank you," Kayiri then said, bowing. "I'll report at the eighth bell tomorrow morning. May the Winds always be at your back, and your footfalls certain, sir," Kayiri added, in the standard official departure he always used.

He then began to walk off, taking Serenity with him. The moment he was out of sight of the more mature men, his walk became much more joyous, an obvious spring in his step.

Shortly, he arrived at the War Pavilion, trying to think on whether or not he could magically balance a schedule for two jobs... Hm, well, he could get assigned times for the children and teenagers he was going to teach, and then do the same here. It would leave him only two or three bells of free time each night, but the pay would, he hoped, be worth it. Not to mention, a little practice was always good. He had been getting rusty, his wounds having put him out of commission for a few weeks back in the Winter.

Kayiri made his decision. If he could schedule lessons at the War Pavilion, then he would try his hand at both. With a smile still obvious, he entered the Pavilion, looking for whoever looked like the big important boss man that could provide him with work.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on June 6th, 2010, 3:32 am

Later in the day...

The War Storm was bustling with new recruits, most of which were training to fight on horseback with dual weilding axes and short swords. And as more recruits of all different skills emerged after taking a lunch, training groups filled up and soon there were more recruits eager to learn than there were established trainers to teach them.

Cre'ran Warthunder, who had been organizing a long sword training set, looked over the group of recruits standing around him and sectioned them off by skill, pointing them in different directions towards obstacle courses that stood in the distance against the stark blue of the sky.

When one of the novice groups was short an instructor, Cre'ran pursed his lips momentarily as he looked around at the growing warriors who looked over their weapons and checked the latches on their armour. "Anyone in here interested in a job to teach this novice longsword group for the rest of the spring season? You'll get 100, no! 200gm!"
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kayiri on June 9th, 2010, 12:26 am

"I shall!" Kayiri cried out, emerging from the crowds. He walked towards the group, and then turned around, facing the crowd of people. "If any would like to have this job in my place, then I challenge them to a duel," Kayiri then added, putting his honor, and that of his Pavilion on the line for a simple teaching job. Hell, it was two hundred mizas for about 40 days of work. Could you really blame the poor guy?

As he was saying this aloud, he grabbed a wooden sword from the rack, twirling it once in his hand to feel the weight and balance of the weapon.

((My apologies, couldn't come up with more to post X_X))
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on June 9th, 2010, 4:11 am

Just before Cre'ran could open his mouth to make a humorous comment, out from behind a crowd of faces came a young lad, just as tall as Kayiri and wide in the shoulders as well.

"I am Luth Thornrock of the Ruby clan and I accept your challenge" he barked to Kayiri from where he stood, a wooden sword was passed to him as he unbuckled the sheath of his longsword that hung around his hips.

The two were walked outside of the pavilion to an area where many trials and duels took place. The rules were simple, if you cross the perimeter of the duel pit you would lose, and the same went for weapon disarming. There they stood, two towering warriors of pure Drykas breed fighting for the right and respect to be called trainer. The horn was blown as an announcement of the start of the duel, and both fighters took their stance.
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kayiri on June 11th, 2010, 12:41 am

"and I am Kayiri Starweaver, Diamond Clan, proud warrior," Kayiri said, twirling his wooden sword once or twice to feel it's weight and balance. A smile pulled at the corner of his lips. Sure, this man looked as big, if not bigger, than himself, but he held no doubt that he could succeed in combat against the man.

He would have that job, and it's 200 miza payroll. The horn blew. With a loud cry, he charged forth, going on the offensive. Really, the only thing he could do was try and force the man out of the ring with a brute offensive at the start. As he closed in, he thrust at his abdomen with the wooden sword, letting out a focusing yell.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on June 20th, 2010, 12:51 am

Pushing off with his foot, Luth swayed to the side, pulling his sword with him in an attempt to parry Kayiri's thrust. He staggered off balance at the force of the impact, nearly losing his footing and falling out of the ring. But he recovered quickly as any competent warrior does and stepped around Kayiri until he was safely in the middle of the ring again. Luth brought the sword high up in the air above him, hoping to catch Kayiri in the back and send him flying forward.
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Next