Denn Liobhan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Denn Liobhan

Postby Denn Liobhan on May 21st, 2010, 6:29 pm

Name: Denn Liobhan (lay-VAHN)
Race: Human
Birthday & Age: age 25; birthdate unknown (est. 486 AV)

Hair Color: brown with sunstreaks
Eye Color: grey-blue
Height: 5ft 4 in (163cm)
Weight: 115lbs (52kg)
Build/Complexion: build is slight, even fragile-looking; complexion is pale despite outdoor living.
Unusual body marks, tattoos, etc.:
-- bite-mark scars on lower left leg from childhood (faded)
-- light-brown circular birthmark behind left ear (hidden by hair)

Denn isn't a particularly noticeable woman, with pale skin, grey eyes and small, unassuming stature. Her figure could only be described as boyish, and her brown shoulder-length hair is shaggy as if she's cut it absently with a knife. She dresses plainly in ordinary commoner's clothing -- tunic over linen undershirt, sturdy cotton breeches, leather boots folded at the top, wide utility belt containing many small pouches, a heavy cloak for inclement weather. Everything is care-worn, soft and used; small pockets are hand-sewn in various places. She carries all she owns in a ruck-sack on her back, and another simples bag slung across her chest and caried over a hip. Denn is slight in figure, features delicate. She walks quietly and in an unassuming manner, drawing no attention to herself. Her hands are the one feature about her that are strong -- supple, long fingered healer's hands. Her voice is soft and soothing.

Personality -- Denn is an herbalist and healer in every sense of the word. Passive, peaceful, yielding, determined to help, she is only interested in healing the injured and sick of the world. Personal gain, money or position hold little interest for her except to increase her medicinal supplies. Outwardly, she may show a gentle, even fragile personality but on a deeper level, there is a strength borne of strong faith, intelligence and convictions. Quietly religious, Denn believes everyone is a gift from the gods, everyone has a right to a life free of pain and disease, and to that end will judge no one before helping them -- friend, stranger or enemy. Soothing words, gentle hands and healing skills borne of a lifetime of helping are her coin; she demands no price for her service, but will more likely barter for food or shelter for the evening if a patient can afford it. Giving to a fault, Denn would rather die than resort to violence.

Denn does not consider herself in any way magical, and knows little or nothing about the arcane arts.

Ethics -- Extremely moral, non-violent, passive

Likes -- The open road and the freedom it imparts, listening to the tales of bards, the cool of a deep forest, the quiet of nature, and beyond everything, helping the injured and sick

Dislikes -- Large cities, tight crowds, being dirty, being shut inside (claustrophobic)

Religion -- follows Caiyha (nature) and Rak'keli (healing/health)

Pre-Creation
Corb Liobhan was a scholar and herbalist instructor employed for most of his life at the University of Zeltiva. As Zeltiva had little in the way of arable land, he spent part of his year teaching and overseeing the running of the University's extensive warren of greenhouses, and the other part traveling the world in search of the flora and fauna of other lands and climates. His wife was Fedelma, a city healer who most often plied her profession in the poorer quarters of town rather than catering to the rich. They married late in life and had no children, and were content with their often hit-and-miss living arrangements, as Corb was often away from Zeltiva, and Fedelma called away in the late hours to attend to the sick.

It was perhaps a shock to them both when Corb returned from one of his trips with a small girl-child no older than two. Unable to simply dump the amiable, solemn little creature at a city orphanage, Corb and Fedelma, despite their advancing years, raised the child as their own. While they never kept the mystery of Denn's early life a secret, they surrounded the girl with order, careful nurturing and imprinted on her the love of both of their professions. Denn often accompanied Corb on his travels, and she learned to love the open road and freedom away from smelly, compacted cities. From her adoptive mother, Denn also learned the healing arts and never turned away from the uglier side of a living body.

Corb and Fedelma passed into their elder years just as Denn was reaching maturity, dying within a year of each other of natural causes. They left Denn with a comfortable savings but as a young adult, Denn felt the call of journeying in her blood, cashed in some of the money for traveling equipment and expenses and began a winding journey about the land. She is contented with this course her life has taken, and does not yet feel the need to settle down at any particular place, enjoying the variety of the land and the beings she encounters. All has not often gone well; Denn has been attacked, robbed and violated; she treats these incidences in passivity and non-violence, recovers quickly and continues on her journey. But because of this growing violence, she now tends to attach herself to passing caravans, supply trains, or trails armies for protection.

Post Creation
- to come

Last edited by Denn Liobhan on June 1st, 2010, 4:28 am, edited 15 times in total.
Denn Liobhan
Player

Words: 14503
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 3:10 am
Character sheet

Denn Liobhan

Postby Denn Liobhan on May 21st, 2010, 6:34 pm

Herbalism - 20/100 (5 starting pkg, 15 human bonus)
Medicine - 20/100 (20 starting pkg)
Plant Identification - 10/100 (10 starting pkg)
Philtering - 5/100 (5 starting pkg)
Cooking - 5/100 (5 starting pkg)
Land navigation - 5/100 (5 starting pkg)

Lore - Medicinal Plant Properties of Sylira
Lore - Calming Skills

(all quantities are 1 unless noted)

1 set of clothing (as worn)
  • leather belt (starting pkg)
  • plain buckle (starting pkg)
  • linen shirt (starting pkg)
  • cotton vest (starting pkg)
  • leather pants (starting pkg)
  • stockings (starting pkg)
  • wool cloak (starting pkg)
  • low boots (starting pkg)
waterskin (starting pkg)
bedroll (purchased)
backpack (starting pkg)
  • extra linen shirt (purchased)
  • extra stockings (purchased)
  • set toiletries (starting pkg)
  • eating knife (starting pkg)
  • flint & steel (starting pkg)
  • small axe (purchased)
  • whetstone (purchased)
  • sewing kit (purchased)
  • small iron pot (purchased)
  • food for 1 week (starting pkg)
  • tea leaves x2
healer bag (purchased)
  • mortor & pestel ("heirloom" from adopted father)
  • surgeon's toolkit (purchased)
  • linen x3 torn/rolled into strips (purchased)
  • knife for herb processing (purchased)
  • small cutting board (purchased)
herb bag (purchased)
  • linen, cut & folded into small pouches (purchased)
  • small glass phials x10 (purchased)
  • small ceramic jars x5 (purchased)
  • (herbs to be added later as gathered)
pack pony (purchased)
  • saddle-pack (purchased)
  • saddle-bags (purchased)
  • halter (purchased)
  • leather lead (purchased)
  • feed (purchased)
  • hoof-pick (purchased)
  • curry comb (purchased)

How Acquired?What?Profit/DebitTOTAL
GivenMoney (starting pkg)+100 gm100 gm, 0 sm, 0 cm
SoldStarting pkg Housing allowance+500 gm600 gm, 0 sm, 0 cm
BoughtLinen shirt-1 sm599 gm, 9 sm, 0 cm
BoughtStockings-4 sm599 gm, 5 sm, 0 cm
BoughtSmall Axe-1 gm598 gm, 5 sm, 0 cm
BoughtSewing Kit-18 gm588 gm, 5 sm, 0 cm
BoughtSmall Iron Pot-5 sm588 gm, 0 sm, 0 cm
BoughtBedroll-1 sm587 gm, 9 sm, 0 cm
BoughtBags with straps x 2-4 sm587 gm, 5 sm, 0 cm
BoughtSurgeons's Toolkit-200 gm387 gm, 5 sm, 0 cm
BoughtLinen x 4-40 gm347 gm, 5 sm, 0 cm
BoughtTea Leaves x 2-4 sm347 gm, 1 sm, 0 cm
BoughtWhetstone-2 cm346 gm, 1 sm, 98 cm
BoughtKnife-5 sm345 gm, 6 sm, 98 cm
BoughtSm. Cutting Board-2 cm345 gm, 6 sm, 96 cm
BoughtSm. glass phial x 10-5 gm340 gm, 6 sm, 96 cm
BoughtSm. ceramic jars x 5-5 gm335 gm, 6 sm, 96 cm
BoughtPony-30 gm305 gm, 6 sm, 96 cm
Boughtpony pack straps-5 gm300 gm, 6 sm, 96 cm
Boughtlg. leather pack bags-8 gm292 gm, 6 sm, 96 cm
Boughthalter-1 sm292 gm, 5 sm, 96 cm
Boughtlead rope-1 sm292 gm, 4 sm, 96 cm
Boughtfeed-5 cm292 gm, 4 sm, 91 cm
Boughthoofpick-5 sm291 gm, 9 sm, 91 cm
BoughtCurrycomb-5 sm291 gm, 4 sm, 91 cm
ExpenditureLiving Expenses, Spring 510 AV-45 gm246 gm, 4 sm, 91 cm

Last edited by Denn Liobhan on June 1st, 2010, 1:18 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Denn Liobhan
Player

Character sheet

Denn Liobhan

Postby Denn Liobhan on May 21st, 2010, 6:38 pm

Gathering (10MAY24)
61st day of Spring 510 AV - -- (open)
~ in progress

The Ground You Break (10MAY29)
89th day of Spring 510 AV (Daust)
~ in progress

My Role-Playing Preferences

God-moding (saying my character does something that she has not done in on-board role-playing)
You CAN say that my character did any sort of healing, past or fairly present. She is a traveling healer and would be expected to get around performing her duties. Her healing practices are better than average but not magical or god-like. Basically she is just like a really good doctor.

Power-Playing (having your character do some sort of "physical action" with my character)
Ordinary touching as might occur between casual acquaintances is fine (touches on the arm, hand-shaking, patting on the back). Anything beyond that - please get my PM permission first.

Plotting (plotting my character into any other people's plots)
PLEASE get my permission first! Do not rely on my character doing something in the future without consulting me beforehand. I have a personal plot for this character which may be ever-changing; it may not correspond with yours and I will not be held hostage by another person's plots. This character is my creation to do with as I choose.

CREDITS
Character Image (Avatar/CS Portrait) - "Porcelain" by Linda Bergkvist (furiae.com)

Ornate Picture Frame - Mangels Designs/Miles deMarcos (mangelsdesigns.com)

Background (dried leaves) - Layout Sparks (LayoutSparks.com)

Subtitles text (CS) - font "OptimusPrinceps" by Manfred Klein (dafont.com)

-------
Who can you trust in this place? In whom can I put my faith? ~ Glass Pear
Denn Liobhan
Player

Character sheet