Closed [The Kulkukan Tavern & Inn] The Great Escape (Xuphim)

We need to escape for a bit, eh? Hell, let's get drunk!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Kulkukan Tavern & Inn] The Great Escape (Xuphim)

Postby Septimus on November 11th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Fall 61st, 512AV (Sunset)

It had been a long day of training, for Xuphim and Septimus had decided to quit their spar. She was tired, beat, and had a lot on her plate. Especially today. Four or so years ago her parents shoved her out the door because her foolish father had went out blabbering that he had a Tiaden War Horse Kelvic for a daughter! That Septimus would never forgive him for because of course, word travels, and it reached the ears of some slavers who then raided their house searching for her. That same night her parents possibly were taken along with a horse. This event haunted her every 59th day of fall and unfortunately, today was a training day.

Septimus had been half distracted today and it showed as she stopped using the broadsword. Well, she didn't stop using it. It more like clashed to the ground as she dropped it. The Kelvic sat down with a heavy sigh, wiping the sweat from her face with her shirt underneath the armor she had been training with. A gust of wind from Zulrav helped this process as she looked up at Xuphim with gazing eyes. Bet he wondering why you stopped training right in the middle, huh? Septimus bit her lip and began before he could scowl her "Today has been one hell of a rough day on me which is why I've been distracted and practicing halfheartedly."

Should she tell him what happened? Would he even care? The Void if she knew, but she then just looked at the ground with a sigh. Damn, not only that Septimus. That petching dream you had a few days back. Still got ya down and messed up, but remember what Calia said! No pain, no gain. Or in this case, if you don't train you die, now come on. Her sparkling blue eyes marked the feelings behind them in which she felt. Although she was a horse, she still had feelings like everyone else. Especially remorse. She needed to get away, to escape this for a while. But that was the question wasn't it? How would she get away exactly. She couldn't sleep for it would plague her dreams.

And when she thought about it, her stomach churned and a nauseating feeling crept into up into it as well. Was it just her experiencing this? Or was this her horse's cowering attitude coming out from beneath. She wasn't sure and she was far too afraid to ask for she didn't want to try and break down any sense of pride Xuphim might have been trying to keep up so she simply stated with a sigh "I've got this weird feeling in my stomach and I've been having these gruesome and bloody nightmares and... I just need to get away from it all." Septimus ran a hand through her blonde and golden hair, then directed her burning aqua eyes back to him "I'm sorry this probably sounds all weak and 'not tough' but who the hell else would know?"

Septimus scratched her head with a million thoughts running through her head "You know, four years ago I believe it was my parents shoved me out the door to fend for my own. I was about seven months then? Possibly wrong, just estimating here. Then they were kidnapped by slavers. I returned to no one." Septimus clasped her hair with her hands "I was alone and scared. Left to fend for myself in the Wildlands, sir. All because my father opened his foolish mouth and told his so called friends about myself. I am the reason they are possibly dead, along with an innocent horse. Possibly two. So before you go and scowl me, I think that's the reason you should know that I've been so out of it today." With a large and heavy sigh that escaped from her lungs, she wiped her face from sweat once more then looked into his silvery eyes for any sign of understanding.
Last edited by Septimus on December 1st, 2012, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xalet on November 13th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Xuphim wasn't good at trying to act all understanding. In fact, he was terrible at it. Septimus probably could have seen the look of confusion upon his face as she ceased her training and then went on to describe just where her lack of motivation was coming from. A female training with Xuphim was a strange thing, considering he couldn't bring himself to strike one, even in mock combat. It almost seemed like some kind of strange geas had been placed upon him at one point in his life, but regardless even if it meant getting wounded or dying, the huge, well skilled Akalak could never manage to inflict a single injury upon a woman. This prohibition was so deeply rooted, that in times of potential death and conflict, Xalet would literally need to over-ride his darker half to keep them alive. Luckily it hadn't happened very often.

Sheathing his own weapon, Xuphim walked up to Septimus and raised his hand. It almost appeared as if he was about to slap some sense into Septimus...but instead his palm came down upon her head and he padded her a bit awkwardly. Clearly he was torn between trying to console a woman and trying to console an animal. This left him somewhere unconventionally in the middle, and while he wasn't exactly satisfied with his reaction it was all he could muster. Then there was also the realization that this was probably the first instance of physical 'care' he showed for his Squire, outside of training the sweat out of her everyday.

"There there Blondie. That's a rough start to a life. It plain old sucks to be honest. But Priskil would be throwing a backhand at me if I just let it sit at that. It's every persons duty to overcome a difficult past and work on a kick ass future. The people who actually accomplish this are called Knights, see?" he nudged her. Xuphim was a fair bit better at making some traditional jokes then Xalet, and it showed when he genuinely tried to interact 'kindly' with people. He still wasn't like a soothing maiden caressing a crying babe, but he wasn't intentionally out trying to make a person down on their luck feel like crap.

"But it takes time figuring out how to handle that kind of shyke, so in the meantime there's a technique used to create some space from the bad stuff and give you a clearer head. That's called gettin' drunk. Follow me." his hand reached out to grip Septimus' arm, quickly pulling her along. The 'follow me' was much more like 'you're coming with me' it seemed as he led her into Riverfall proper, clearly heading in a very defined direction.

The third tier is where Septimus eventually found herself. That was where the Kulkukan Tavern was located. The red lanterns affixed down below the main inn area radiated their serene glow. Quickly he ordered two mugs of ale from the woman behind the bar, passing one of the frothy mugs over toward his Squire. Sliding the cup onto the bar top, he set about describing exactly how it all worked. "Alright Squire, this here is ale. Ever had it? Don't worry about the taste. You drink it until things start getting real fuzzy, then you keep drinking. Before you know it all them troubles will melt away, and you'll get to thinking about the future. Thus the mystery of cheap booze is revealed. Go ahead and tip it back and I'll grab us some grub, you'll be fixed up in no time flat."
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Septimus on November 17th, 2012, 4:32 pm

OOCLike I said, weekends are good for Miz. :)

The Kelvic flinched slightly as he raised his hand. Septimus was for sure, or at this point and time, sure that he was going to hit her. However, this wasn't the case for she soon looked up at him when he patted his head. His expression showed as though the situation was somewhat perplexing for him, leading Septimus to the conclusion that he had probably never dealt with a being that was an animal as well as an ability to be able to disguise themselves as a human. It was apparent he was torn in which and what action to take, but the end result was an awkward pat. A ton better than being hit.

As he tried to enlighten the situation a bit, it somewhat made Septimus feel better. At least he was even trying! She chuckled slightly, then he nudged her. To Septimus it felt good to have someone there who even cared. For all the other times, she was alone. Of course the feelings and sadness had dwindled and somewhat weaned themselves since then but it was still there. That faint pang of those few memories she had left. On the other hand, it was nothing Septimus couldn't handle. After all, with all the crap she had been through, it didn't get to her as much.

"Wait. Drunk?" but her question went unacknowledged and lingered in the air shortly and Xuphim pulled her up off the ground and onto her feet. He pulled her along quickly and swiftly even though she was keeping up with herself. The Kelvic didn't resist however, still trying to decipher exactly what he meant by 'drunk'. Septimus had never been drunk, nor had she ever seen someone drunk. She had heard little on the topic, and what knowledge that she had managed to accumulate had been overheard in conversations. Mostly ending up with the people she had overheard laughing which had led Septimus to believe it was all just fun and games. However, had the Kelvic been paying more attention to herself she would have found that they were laughing at the actions of the drunken citizens.

They were going down to the familiar third tier. Septimus had recognized this because of the several mornings she had come down to bay's sandy beach and Laviku's churning waters for the small amount of training she had done on her own. However, training was training and she now could actually stand to swim in decently strong currents let alone still water and her strength had grown a tad bit. Still, she had a long way to go and a short time to get there. And little mishaps and memories like this would put her even farther behind. But, until that time came where she could push it back and let it be, there were obstacles and Septimus was assuming this would be some way to run around those obstacles the way Xuphim made it sound.

Then they reached the tavern. The red lights made Septimus nervous as her instincts had taught her to try and avoid the color as much as possible. And here she was going straight towards it. Just another obstacle to jump over. You're learning quickly. Septimus took a seat at the bar then subtly smiled as then curious concoction was passed down to her. Her eyebrows furrowed out of curiosity and confusion as she of course had to smell it for she wouldn't allow herself to ever try anything without doing so. "Never had it. Ever." Septimus looked at him as he explained how things were gonna go down then looked back at it.

Is this appropriate for a Squire, Septimus? I mean, to be representing Syliras? Ah petch it, drink up. The Kelvic grabbed the cup then of course, bottoms up. Setting the cup down after a few swallows she coughed a bit then wiped her mouth. It was sweet but at the same time, bitter. It wasn't like anything she'd ever tasted before and it took her a few minutes to get used to it. She had never experienced anything like it then shook her head, looking back in the cup only to then take a few more swallows.
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xalet on November 20th, 2012, 4:27 am

With a few exchanges between himself and the woman behind the bar meat and other foodstuffs were soon gracing the heating elements utilized in their preparations. As the meal creation was underway, Xuphim took a few swigs of his own mug before explaining various important drinking concepts to his Squire. "Way to hit the mug, Squire. You'll be feelin' better in no time. Now, when you're drinkin' there's a few things you need to know. First, get something to eat. This keeps your stomach workin' all appropriately. It also keeps you thirsty so you can keep drinking. Second, stick to one thing. Don't be loading up on ale then suddenly start chuggin' the wine. Stuffs too expensive anyway. There was something third, but I forgot it, I'm sure it'll come to me." the big Akalak shrugged, apparently feeling confident in his ability to recall information while inebriated.

After a time plates came down before the Syliran duo. It appeared Xuphim had gotten some sort of typical mountain man styled luncheon, a meal of basic meat and potatoes, along with some colorful seasonal vegetables. The second plate was mostly greens, spices, nuts, and was a direct result of the Knight attempting to be considerate, "I ain't never thought about it, but horses don't eat meat, I figure. Guess that means you don't eat meat, so I got this salad style thing here. If you want to get strong, you need protein. Since you don't eat no meat, you'll need to get it from nuts and stuff."

After a few mugs of ale, Xuphim started to open up a bit. Not that he ever held anything back, but some of the questions that had been on his mind slid more easily from his tongue. Xalet, whom kept to himself, was always secretly thankful for the sheer amount of information Xuphim got from others, simply by being direct and honest. Even then there were things the Darker half simply didn't know how to ask about. "You know, Blondie..." he started, rocking his mug back and forth, his slightly watery eyes staring intently as he attempted to get the tankard style container to balance on one of its slightly rounded corners, "...when you talked about your parents, they might still be alive. If it's slavers they normally keep folks in good shape to work and what not, you know? It's possible one day you and I can get out there and find um. Yup..."

Then, for the first time in years, Xuphim spoke about something he had been apart of, only under the dominant soul of Xalet. That was his presence within a platform related to the Watchtowers, high above the entire planet, suspended in space by strange magic and technology. "I'm plannin' on getting the Watchtowers workin' again one day. Better not think it crazy either, Blondie, it's possible. Get the guy that created them back in one piece, I think they'll snap back into use. Think about that, bein' able to move around the entire surface of the world in the time it takes you to walk to the market. We could find um..."

Forking over a big wad of sliced meat, Xuphim chewed much like an animal would, his jaw rolling harshly as his teeth sliced and crushed their meal into oblivion. "...and put um down. Not fond of slavers. Not one bit. Had to deal with some for my Knighting quest, see. The strong in this world are meant to fight others who are strong, not the weak. Ain't no one improves when they pick on the weak."
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Septimus on November 22nd, 2012, 2:33 am

"Thanks I guess?" Septimus wasn't sure if hitting the mug was something to be proud of or if there was slight sarcasm underneath his tone. The Kelvic had trouble telling with different attitudes from different people. It just took a while for Septimus to be able to recognize what they meant behind their attitudes. What someone said or meant could mean a whole different thing to someone else. However, Septimus decided to take it as a compliment anyways. After all, surely she could blame it on the drink later?

Septimus to note of what he said, being sure to try and remember it before not only her memories melted away, but her common sense as well. Sure it'll come to ya? I hope it isn't anything worth telling. It can't be! After all, he forgot it. Drinking a small sip more, the burning entered her throat again but faded into a warm like feeling. Never the less, she felt her nose somewhat numb. Somewhat like that of frostbite, but this time it was different. Septimus didn't like it and it seriously wasn't normal, but she figured it was just part of it and shrugged it off. She still ended up lifting her hand to tough her nose eventually asking "Xuphim, is my nose supposed to be numb?"

As the plate descended in front of her, a slight smile appeared in front of her. It smelt delightful and intriguing. However, one look at Xuphim's plate and her horse self shook its head, figuratively of course. Looking back to her plate, she took notice to the new nuts and spice smell that invaded her nostrils compellingly. "Thanks, sir. Well, for being considerate enough to even think about it." Her eyes were bright and thankful as they looked at him, then she picked up a fork and begin to pick at it. The nuts tasted amazing, complementing the crunchy and soft greens occasionally adorned by the spices eventually all coming together giving off one of the best dishes Septimus had ever tasted. A Void of a lot better than the bland grass she had had for appetite and the occasional sweet oats and dried hay. This is freaking amazing! Soon, Septimus wasn't picking at it but rather actually eating it soon exclaiming "This is delicious!"

After a few bites, Septimus came back to the cup of the alcoholic beverage and soon it was completely gone soon to be replaced by another in which she took another few drinks out of. After a while, she felt just plain out weird. Her body had never been exposed to such a concoction even though her weight had a toll on it's effects. Her lips began to feel numb, much like a warm frostbite but then again it wasn't. Septimus reached up once again to touch her lip but she couldn't feel anything. It was only two mugs! I've seen people chug like six! She shook her head then picked at her meal again, the lovely tastes soon greeting her taste buds again as they were welcomed back willingly.

Then Septimus addressed his question after a minute of slowed thinking from another few drinks of a new cup. "Possibly. They might just be out there somewhere. But, I prefer to think they're dead. Think the worst of a situation like that and then you're not disappointed in the end when it doesn't turn out the way you've planned. Useless in filling yourself with false hope. I mean, am I right?" Septimus chuckled, the alcohol now seriously affecting her positive look on things. She of course had never thought of it that way. Maybe they were out there? Maybe there was a hope! "But the Void, I'd love to get out there and find 'em. I'd give anything to be able to hug them at least once more." And almost like something world's biggest hypocrite would do, Septimus was filled with that image and actual hope. An actual and new goal, one that Xuphim would like to participate in.

Then with the mentioning of this... this device and being that he spoke of, Septimus found more hope and even more of reason for this new goal. "The time it takes to walk to the market?" Septimus nudged him with her elbow friendly yet playfully "You ever go to fix that thing you better bring me along. I'd give anything, and I mean anything, even working my rear off to fix a thing like that, to find them. Promise me that much, eh?" Then he spoke of ending the slavers and instantly anyone in the room could see a twinkle in her eyes as she swallowed another chunk of greens, spices, crunchy nuts, and that drink of more ale. "No on second thought, cancel that promise. Promise me you'll bring me on that. They ruined my petching life and I'd give nothing more than to petching end theirs."[/b] The extra few drinks had definitely taken a toll for now she was even beginning to talk violently. However, she still meant every word she meant. However, if she would've been in a sober state, they probably wouldn't have been as harsh as she emphasized.
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xalet on November 23rd, 2012, 8:40 pm

"Sure is." Xuphim remarked about her nose query. Of course, in time everything would be numb, at least to some extent. The body, the mind, the worries that plagued men and women that lived lives stressful enough to have them. With the current state of Mizahar of course, there wasn't many folks burn in the times that didn't have something to worry about. Sickness, starvation, creatures, and now most recently Djed storms were added to the mix. The entire planet was really against all of the folks living on its surface, what few left there was.

Xuphim didn't seem overly aggressive in his drinking, this was Septimus' day after all. That as it was someone with a body the size of the one he possessed took larger quantities of food and drink than the common person, and so it wasn't long before the Knight was finishing up his third mug and requesting a forth. The frothy beverage did quite well in washing back the salted length of juicy meat he had most recently destroyed. As the fourth drink rested quaintly in his large hand, the liquid had just reached the passageway of his throat to move into his stomach when Septimus said something that nearly made his nose replicate the geysers of the Grasslands. "Pargahah..." he sputtered, rubbing his forearm across his mouth where some of the ale had sprayed out in a bit of a fine mist.

"False hope? Blondie, Priskil would be havin' a fricken fit. Ain't nothing false about havin' hope. Things don't always go as planned, but that's life. Whippin' ass solves a lot of problems, but for the stuff that can't be fixed by a fist to the face you got to work until you get the ending you want. Having something to work toward keeps you strong...keeps you focused. When the worst happens you'll feel a lot of things. Anger and resentment and all that crap...when you feel that, all it means is whatever you wanted was important enough to work hard for. That emotion becomes the fuel to stay in the game." the more Xuphim talked, the more it made him somewhat confused about exactly what he was attempting to get at. Bringing a hand up to ruffle his stringy locks slightly, he finally swept his hair backward and tried to keep things a bit more simple, "We're going to get it, just you wait. Maybe not everything we want, but we're going to get a lot. It's gonna take some time, but we'll make it happen. It's what I've always done."

Putting his arm around the shoulders of his Squire, Xalet pulled her inward slightly, jostling her about as she started talking about her desire for vengeance. That big, heavy arm rested atop of her, as if it was literally trying to shake Xuphim's own confidence into her, "You're with me now Blondie. You an' me are a pair, see? Where I go, you go. We're going to do some crazy crap that other folks ain't even yet dreamed of. The kind of stuff that when you see it will blow your fricken' equine mind. You work hard like you say, and you'll be there for it, and ain't no one gonna doubt a horse Kelvic ever again."
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Septimus on November 24th, 2012, 6:55 am

OOCAlright, I swear I won't be changing my post template around anymore. That other was getting on my nerves with font.

Septimus found herself and mind at ease with the reassurance that numbness was of course normal. The Kelvic forced another gulp of the bitter like taste down her throat once more, her fingertips now tingling as well. She moved her third cup out beside her plate as it was once more replaced with another. Her gaze wandered off soon watching the swirling liquid as it slowed to a standstill inside the mug. The equine took another bite of the dwindling leaves, still watching as each individual bubble floated to the top.

Soon her attention was quickly averted from the ale as Xuphim had the fluid itself shooting from his nostrils. Septimus chuckled slightly, but then stopped quickly to correct herself as the amusement came to a screeching halt when he spoke. Ah, you dumbass! In her small mind, she pictured hitting herself in the face You don't think straight when you have this... this stuff do you! Then she actually listened for a bit, comprehending slowly to try and get it all. "I'm really sorry Xuphim, I really didn't mean it like... in that way." It was that kind of moment where you could slap yourself and not regret it later because after it all, you felt like you deserved it.

She had to admit, she wasn't feeling all too normal. Her hands were numb, her toes were numb, her forearms and chins were tingling; she rubbed her face but couldn't even feel it. Septimus brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear with her hand, then took another bite of her salad "But in the end, you are of course, right. Hasn't stopped us yet." She chuckled slightly then took another drink of the ale, now realizing exactly how it helped her troubles 'melt' away even though it took her a while. "I don't think it'll ever stop us then."

Another bite and drink from the ale and she was definitely beginning to feel the drink's effects. Her eyes were tearing up a bit from the mug's contents now and she blinked away the tiny droplets beginning to form in her blue eyes. She then wiped her eyes with her hands, opening her noticeably heavier eyelids. Her weight was beginning to be a prime factor in her blood alcohol content percentages along with several other factors, including the fact that she had never even tried such a concoction before and she soon found herself taking another few drinks of the ale, now not even tasting it pretty much.

As Xuphim put his large and muscular arm around her shoulders, Septimus put up little resistance to being pulled inward steadying herself on her chair slightly. His words, whether trying to put more hope into or not, did exactly that and a smile crept onto her face. The images that crept into her now feeble mind satisfied the hunger of that part that was confident and willing to go out and do whatever. Some reoccurring, some new popping up every few seconds. Then after analyzing what he spoke again she sighed "No, see that's where you're wrong." The Kelvic smirked slightly with a pause "Ain't nobody doubt us again." She then steadied herself once more from the uneasy position being careful not to fall over either way "Dang, the effects sneak up on ya don't they?"
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xalet on November 27th, 2012, 7:42 am

Drunkenness wasn't something Xuphim got to experience very often. Only in the last few seasons did he become a shared personality with Xalet, and before then any short jaunt he could have with liquor was often cut short due to the very nature of Syliras. Getting rowdy was difficult when you lived in the city of the Syliran Knights. Getting rowdy was almost impossible when you yourself were a Knight. Xuphim couldn't even 'blend in' to get away from the all-seeing eyes of his Knightly cohorts, considering his size and skin tone. When you were known as the enormous purple Squire the very sight of you alone was enough to jar the memory of anyone within the Order, and word passed along quick. Even of Xuphim's Patron wasn't heavy handed to particularly hardened 'on the outside', she was quite strict when it came to the representation her Squires were supposed to display.

"Don't worry none about that. You say what you mean, ain't nothing wrong with it. I get in trouble for it all the time, even if I don't understand why. Humans, Kelvics, shyke, just about everyone on this rock lives so short, why waste all that time lying to each other that way, or pretending to be this cordial gentleman or fine lady when you ain't. Im'a teach you about Priskil though, here and there. Xalet loves her because she's this gentle, warm, pure soul. I like her because she's one of those Gods that's real, you know?" things were starting to get a bit blurry for Xuphim. His breath felt hotter, his body felt heavier, his thoughts felt less clear. He certainly didn't have any problem maintaining enough to say to keep a conversation going, "She don't hide behind all that high and mighty crap. Her followers are her friends. Almost like equals. Petching crazy...a God treating us folks like equals. Takes some mettle, I'll give it to her. Maybe she can kick some ass too, who knows."

Looking down into an empty mug, Xuphim's eyes stared for a while, his arm slowly drooping away from Septimus, his deep voice rumbling slightly as he chortled at her comment. Seems she had some spunk to her, that was good. The Akalak couldn't imagine what type of Squire he would have been compatible with when he got that far, but one with energy seemed to feel right. "Ha, ain't no one ever doubted me before anyways." he replied, keeping up some of that waning mock arrogance. "We'll be seeing it one day though, those shining gates. Those towers that zap people across the landscape. The Watchtowers that is. Bet on that."

An empty plate, an empty mug, and an empty conscience. That right there was the best part of Xuphim's day. Changing the subject slightly he took the time to warn Septimus, "Watch our while you're in this city, by the way. Young, long legged blonde girl, buncha Akalaks. I know how it goes. You get what I'm sayin'?" for a moment it seemed Xuphim had forgotten his previous categorization of Septimus, previously thinking of her mostly as a horse. The concerns he had now were clearly targeted toward a woman, however.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Septimus on December 1st, 2012, 12:30 am

Septimus nodded at his words pertaining to her statement about no one doubting either of them. Either way, it was the thought that counted and the rest didn't matter. The Kelvic took another good swig of the ale inside her cup growing a bit more fuzzy with it all, her eyesight definitely not seeing things across the room as easily. Her entire body was now fuzzy and numb and her clear blue sapphire eyes were now watery a bit as she blinked away the extra wet tears. However, these tears were definitely not out of sadness but rather that the warm drink was causing her eyes to water. If it would've been up to her, she wouldn't have ever allowed the wet liquid to escape her eyes. As a matter of fact, she wouldn't have let anything relating to it show. With that, she was now filled with hope of those towers.

Septimus now turned the discussion over a bit more bringing it back to Priskil "She sounds like a pretty nice goddess. I don't never heard of one that actually treats their followers the same. No, I ain't ever heard of something like that. Any God or Goddess with a warm and pure soul must have to stick to that for a reason and be at least ready to defend it, right? She more than likely can kick some ass, haha." The ale was interfering with Septimus' coordination a bit as she went to grab her fork and dropped it to take the last bite of her salad. It was a large salad but the large Kelvic had one heck of an appetite. "No, forget pretty nice Goddess. More like a pretty amazing Goddess. I mean, with all of those powers she could just toy with those smaller than her but instead she chooses to stay good and nice. Definitely has my respect already."

With his change in discussion, Septimus' eyebrows raised at what he warned her about. She hadn't thought of it that way before, but was glad he brought it up. Pretty smart, the way he thought. This would be a warning that Septimus would more than likely heed as she always did because that was just her. She did what she was told, she followed orders, and she carried out things asked of her usually quickly and efficiently. It was just how she was. She didn't know why, she probably wouldn't ever for quite sometime. She took another drink of the mug her mind now foggier then ever "Gotcha Xuphim. I'll definitely keep an eye out. Thank you by the way." The thanks was for the warning and pretty much for the entire meal "I'll pay you back once we get back to our quarters."

Shifting the center of of the discussion, Septimus decided it was probably time to go by now. They had finished what they had come for and everything was done. "We should probably be heading out." Septimus, now tipsy from the drinks, attempted to stand up but forgot exactly that she wasn't in a position to be jumping straight up and walking out right now. To be more exact, she wasn't in a position to even be coordinated at the moment. It was a terrible feeling, having to require assistance to even walk straight. She managed to stable her body on the other hand and kept herself from falling face first to the ground by grabbing the edge of a nearby table "I got this." In the end, she more than likely didn't have this at all in either way.
Septimus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xalet on December 9th, 2012, 8:16 am

"Yeah, she ain't bad. Ain't bad at all. Been through a lot for a Goddess. Havin' your main squeeze get his heart ripped out by some mage does that. Kinda reminds you ain't nobody invincible." Xuphim offered up that statement, not only as an anecdotal one, but also one to remember during any time when things seemed the most dire. In a world filled with incomprehensible magic and supernatural weirdness, Xuphim never strayed from his mundane roots. He didn't need the Flux, he had his body building. He didn't need to hurl fire or lightning, he had his crossbow bolts. He didn't need a shiny shield of mystical goo, he had his armor. Most of all, if someone took everything he owned from him, his sword, his shield, his armor, even his horse, he still had his fists. That's what it meant to be a 'complete' fighter and it was something he wanted to teach Septimus, slowly but surely.

"Pay me back? Shyke..." a large hand came over his face, wiping some of the senses back into him. A slick sloshing sound could be heard from his moistened eyes as thick fingers worked across them, "...that ain't how it works. You're my Squire. I worry about the money stuff, you worry about not making me look like I can't train a Knight for crap. I ain't paid a copper for nothing when I was beneath ole' Sergeant Braklin, and ain't nothing gonna change with that concept. She owned my ass just as sure as I own yours. For now, anyway." It was a bit of a strange way to say how diligently he planned on looking after Septimus, but the intent was there.

Putting his own body upward atop his two foot took a short bit of concentration, mainly to ensure he hadn't gone beyond what he knew he could handle. Once he was satisfied, he ended up gripping the back of Septimus' tunic, almost like a parent keeping a young child from running off. The grip was there just long enough to make sure she didn't plant herself into the planks below. "Unless you're lookin' at payin' me some other way. You thinkin' about getting frisky with me there Blondie?" He draped an arm around the Kelvic, just as much to stabilize them both as to make his intent difficult to determine. Was he joking? "Don't blame you none, there's plenty of Xuphim to go around." he rambled on, preparing to walk out. In the end his main objective was accomplished. To get his Squire focused less on the past, and more on the future.
Xalet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next